Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-17-2007, 10:15 PM   #16
True Defiance

Send a message via MSN to monkeysmile Send a message via Yahoo to monkeysmile
I do love this album. My favorites are The Kane Mutiny, Illuminate, Evil, Normandy, Put Your Lips To The TV, and The Sanctuary Hum. Project 86 is nose bleed awesome.....whatever that means.

monkeysmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 08-17-2007, 10:16 PM   #17
the sun is often out

It works as a nice CD, but I love Truthless Heroes and Songs to Burn Your Bridges.. I can't love this CD like that. His voice was so awesome back then.
natedawg5280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 10:18 PM   #18
True Defiance

Send a message via MSN to monkeysmile Send a message via Yahoo to monkeysmile
Quote:
Originally Posted by natedawg5280 View Post
It works as a nice CD, but I love Truthless Heroes and Songs to Burn Your Bridges.. I can't love this CD like that. His voice was so awesome back then.
The only CD of theirs I like more than this one is And the Rest Will Follow... That CD was their best. I haven't heard STBYBB for awhile because my brother stole it back.
monkeysmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2007, 07:24 AM   #19

It's amazing. It's so diverse, yet so fluid. "Evil" is a straight up rocker, then you're taken to almost metal in "Forces of Radio", to the U2-like song "Moltov", down to the Rammstein inlfuenced "Illuminate", the awesome bassline on "Caveman Jam", to the gothic punk rocker "Normandy". Yet it's all still so fluid.
For years I used a typical off-the-shelf bar-type soap and I had no idea that, even though I rinsed properly and thoroughly after every cleansing, there was still a soap scum residue on my hands and fingers.
This negatively affected my tone in ways that I just can't describe.
Then, on a whim, a few years ago I wandered into a Bath and Body Works store at a local mall and picked up some of their gentle foaming anti-bacterial hand cleansers.
The difference in my guitar's sound is so wickedly improved that I no longer feel the need to buy a new amp or pedals or even strings...EVER!
So, it's my belief that tone is in the soap.
Thank you and goodnight.
nbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2007, 07:48 AM   #20

This is the best thing they've put out. Pull Me Closer, Violent Dancer is absolutely incredible.

I love how with this album, they created songs not only diverse and different, but fun and catchy as well.
Unread 08-22-2007, 05:35 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by saveferris1643 View Post
I respect your opinion, I was just disappointed with this album. It is OK for them to have fun, I just liked their older sound better.
Sounds good. I can certainly see that.
Jonular is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2007, 06:05 PM   #22
Support Southern Rock

Anything to put the bad taste out in my mouth from . . .And the Rest will Follow. That was terrible.
Unread 08-22-2007, 10:13 PM   #23
MN drummer? PM me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. claw View Post
Me too, I'm afraid.

I liked the cd, but it just wasn't Project to me. It was like ordering a steak and discovering it tastes like ice cream; it was good for what it was, but it wasn't what I wanted.
I think everyone would agree its a depart from there typical sound, but I have to disagree about it not being Project. This album is another side to them that we've never seen before and I LOVE the energy on this album. Its nothing like what happened to P.O.D. when they put out Payable On Death (I nearly cried after that album). One of the better albums Project has put out, but I think the middle of the album was a little weak. Much better than Truthless Heroes, even though TH has some awesome songs too; Last Meal anyone?

Epiphone Les Paul Ultra
Floor Pod Plus
Behringer Vintager AC112

M-Audio Axiom 49
Reason 4

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble.
But take heart! I have overcome the world."
-John 16:33
vikingsfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2007, 11:44 AM   #24
AofD

Send a message via AIM to KaiserZr Send a message via Yahoo to KaiserZr
I give it 7/10
Favorite tracks:
Evil, Pull Me Closer, and Sanctuary Hum

The cd itself is pretty catchy, but for some reason I just can't get into the whole thing like most of their other cds. Schawb's vocals are still good and the guitars sound nice. The bass lines (which for me is one of the most memorable things about Project 86) let me down a tad bit.

If I had to rank the cd's Project has put out, I would put this number 4 under Drawing Black Lines, The Rest Will Follow, and Songs to Burn Your Bridges by...

good cd, not their best work ever, but still strong.
KaiserZr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 04:33 PM   #25

Send a message via Skype™ to Darkhyperchaos
7.5/10. There's quite a few good songs, but I would have liked for more of Project 86's post-hardcore sound. The vocals are still a strong point, keeping you engaged throughout the album. The guitars and bass on the other hand aren't amazing. The guitars don't really have any surprises, they also are pretty repetitive. The bass sounds lost in the music, it sounds underused and forgotten. Still a solid album though, but far from Project 86's best.
Darkhyperchaos is offline   Reply With Quote