Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Vocals & Other Instruments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-25-2006, 11:48 PM   #16

ok i registered on this damn forum just to tell all of you who think screaming will damage your voice no matter what. hmmmm lets see what kinds of music you guys listen to. country? christian? thats why. your ignorant people who think screaming represents satan and bad things. Look at underoath and as i lay dying. both CHRISTIAN metal WITH screaming. but anyways screaming can definetely be done without damaging your voice. look at corey taylor......been screaming since he started slipknot and im sure he did before then and listen to how he sings. he sings better than almost anyone. so dont give me that **** that you cant scream without damaging your vocals.

Sponsored Links
Unread 06-25-2006, 11:58 PM   #17

http://www.papermag.com/?section=art...id=1080&page=1
Unread 06-26-2006, 06:17 AM   #18
Ba da ba ba ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItDiesToday321 View Post
ok i registered on this damn forum just to tell all of you who think screaming will damage your voice no matter what. hmmmm lets see what kinds of music you guys listen to. country? christian? thats why. your ignorant people who think screaming represents satan and bad things. Look at underoath and as i lay dying. both CHRISTIAN metal WITH screaming. but anyways screaming can definetely be done without damaging your voice. look at corey taylor......been screaming since he started slipknot and im sure he did before then and listen to how he sings. he sings better than almost anyone. so dont give me that **** that you cant scream without damaging your vocals.

We aren't imbeciles. We know that there are Christian metal bands, and I enjoy a lot of them. I doubt there are ANY people on this site that believe those bands are evil.

Also, isn't a load of crap that screaming damages your vocals. It's a PROVEN FACT. Don't even try to come into a vocal forum that contains plenty of us who have taken lessons and know what we are talking about and try to give us that crap.
Unread 06-28-2006, 11:44 AM   #19
Godin/Seagull Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by swim2112 View Post
There is a way to scream and not damamge your voice...

You learn it in cheerleading...

although, I would not sing/scream in this voice...
You also learn it in military training for calling out march commands but it is not really screaming; its just learning to project your voice. The screaming you hear in music (if you can call it that) is the sound of vocal chords bashing against each other. It will eventually cause palps to form on your vocal chords which will not only affect your singing voice but your speaking voice as well.
Unread 10-07-2010, 04:52 AM   #20

true

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBaTmaNxX View Post
the System of a Down guy used to be an opra singer so he is well trained
i have a friend who sings in a pop group that was with Benson records and she said she met a vocalist trainer person that teaches you how to scream without hurting youself

Chop Suey is about his friend that committed suicide i beleice

josh
i agree there has been a couple of people on the internet that use to sing opera and then switched to screaming and as long as u have control of ur voice it wont damage it besides living sacrifice has been screaming for 21 years i think theyre still going
Unread 11-12-2010, 01:00 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItDiesToday321 View Post
ok i registered on this **** forum just to tell all of you who think screaming will damage your voice no matter what. hmmmm lets see what kinds of music you guys listen to. country? christian? thats why. your ignorant people who think screaming represents satan and bad things. Look at underoath and as i lay dying. both CHRISTIAN metal WITH screaming. but anyways screaming can definetely be done without damaging your voice. look at corey taylor......been screaming since he started slipknot and im sure he did before then and listen to how he sings. he sings better than almost anyone. so dont give me that **** that you cant scream without damaging your vocals.
Chill out dude... Obviously, you haven't listen to much Christian metal, cause I know too many christian bands to count that scream... a LOT!

Unread 08-28-2011, 09:55 PM   #22

I honestly don't know what to believe, i know that there are ways to scream that cause less damage though.
Unread 10-22-2012, 10:24 PM   #23

Bringing up an old thread :D

I can definately say screaming does not damage your voice/vocal chords or wutever. IF. you do it right i know people that have been screaming for years and i am in the process on learning to scream and have watched the zen of screaming by melissa cross and she explains how it all works
Unread 10-23-2012, 08:16 AM   #24
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHHH!! View Post
I can definately say screaming does not damage your voice/vocal chords or wutever. IF. you do it right i know people that have been screaming for years and i am in the process on learning to scream and have watched the zen of screaming by melissa cross and she explains how it all works
Please let dead threads stay dead. Also there's a different thread for this kind of discussion, please take it there.

AXimus AXamillion AXington
First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Public Blog

Unread 10-26-2012, 02:28 AM   #25

Link? haha appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ax View Post
Please let dead threads stay dead. Also there's a different thread for this kind of discussion, please take it there.
can u send me a link to this new thread? :P
Unread 10-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #26
Ax
Rabid Wombat

It's not a new thread, it's the one stickied at the top of this forum with the instructions to bring all screaming discussions there. There's also some rules somewhere in that thread you should read up on.

http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t79443/

AXimus AXamillion AXington
First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Public Blog

Closed Thread