Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-08-2002, 03:45 PM   #61
Very nice!

paid
Send a message via AIM to Brent
Quote:
Originally posted by KeyboardFreak
I dunno about that.... I just went over there... and on the first three pages of their gallery, I found about 2 or 3 different guitars/descriptions that would never be found on a Christian site.

Pretty interesting stuff though.
I agree, but does it have to be a Christian site for him to have been looking at it? Or to pull pictures from it even? The descriptions aren't of content that would be found on a Christian site, no, but that has nothing to do with the pictures. If that's not where he got them then some other website has stolen a LOT of pictures from them.

You're an immigrant, too!
Who's using who?
What should we do?
Well, you can't be a pimp and a prostitute too!

The White Stripes - "Icky Thump"
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-08-2002, 04:34 PM   #62
Pie...& chips. For free!

Quote:
Originally posted by Brent
So it appears that Paradigm has had a good time at www.bunnybass.com as it seems he's posted most every picture they have....
Good guess

Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2002, 04:37 PM   #63
Pie...& chips. For free!

Does it really matter WHERE I got them? THe point of this thread was to post ugly guitars....that's what I did. Quit analyzing everything and look at the stupid pictures.

Unread 01-08-2002, 07:25 PM   #64

For the Love of all that is good! Please stop posting these Ugly disgusting wretched guitars!!! I'm getting sick to my stomach!!! UhhhhAAhh!!! I'm beginning to feel the need to find the creators of these monstrosities and unleash some induced violence! I feel the need to search out these guitars and destroy them and their owners!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Unread 01-08-2002, 07:39 PM   #65

Those big multi-string Conklins belong to a guy named John Turner, who is actually a pretty cool guy. He has 8 others where those came from! www.lordonly.net

And whats wrong with a 7/8/9/10/12-stringed bass anyway? Do you thing all basses are supposed to have only 4/5-strings? Those Conklins play better than my Ibanez 6 string. The only requirement for playing something like that is some imagination. Not all bass players are content playing rot-five bass lines. With some creativity, a three pice band could sound like four people (Bass playing chords and bass line at the same time).

Some of the other basses here were an Alembic 4 string fretted, 8-string fretless double neck, a Roscoe 9-string, and a Warrior 15-string.

Anyway, go back to having fun. I'm enjoying it (even though the captions at bunny bass are funnier!).

And the guitars Hedges played were Harp guitars. He had acoustic ones by Gibson and Dyer, and an electric version by Klein.

Last edited by LWatford; 01-08-2002 at 07:43 PM.
LWatford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2002, 11:59 PM   #66
MISTER agreeable to you.

I thought the swiss cheese one was kind of cool.

And the one with the flames and tachometer and stuff was for the Spinal Tap guy, so it's supposed to be a joke.

Actually, there was clearly a sense of humor on display for a lot of those. I can respect a sense of humor a lot, so some weren't that bad.

The guy with the X-shaped, four necked thing is just ludicrous, though. What, other than an out of control ego, could cause a person to purchase or pose with such a thing?
MisterAgreeable is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2002, 12:10 AM   #67
Pie...& chips. For free!

Quote:
Originally posted by MisterAgreeable
The guy with the X-shaped, four necked thing is just ludicrous, though. What, other than an out of control ego, could cause a person to purchase or pose with such a thing?
LOL!

Unread 01-09-2002, 12:17 AM   #68
MISTER agreeable to you.

You know, the more I look, the more I see cool instruments here.

The Steinberger - the one with a small body and no headstock - is played by a few rather talented people. Steve Howe, for one. And I saw David Gilmour on Saturday Night Live with one. And this is the guy who owns the '59 Strat with serial number 00001. When he plays something, I will probably respect it. And I think I read he played the intro to "Sorrow" on one of those things.

It's a little non-traditional looking, granted. And I'd probably feel a little silly playing one in front of a lot of people. But still, David Gilmour.

Is that a picture of Doug Wimbish playing a Conklin? Doug Wimbish could play a jar of mayonaise on stage and I'd go see it. The man is a phenominal player. Again, anything he plays, I'm inclined to give the benefit of the doubt and say is pretty cool.
Unread 01-09-2002, 12:39 AM   #69
MISTER agreeable to you.

Talking about Doug Wimbish reminds me of an "amusing" story that happened to me a few years back.

Doug Wimbish was the bass player for Living Colour after Muzz Skillings left the band. They were one of my favorite bands growing up, and I went to go see them at a local place.

Mr. Wimbish was playing a 15-string bass. Like a five string, but each string is a set of three. So clearly he liked odd instruments back then too. Anyways, for whatever reason, over the course of the show he was breaking strings constantly. The bass had strings hanging all over it. Also, he had a whammy pedal, and was making the most bizarre screeching noises, and was doing some strange stuff with the dangling strings to make odd sounds as well.

For the record, seven years ago I had no appreciation for any music the least bit "avant-garde."

So after the show I got backstage to get their autographs. When he was signing my CD as asked him "so what was wrong with that bass you were playing?"

He said "what do you mean?"

I said, "well all but like four or five strings broke, and there was that terrible screeching noise. I hope you get it fixed by the next show."

(I was not the brightest young man.)

I don't remember his reply exactly but he made it rather clear that every show sounds like that, it was very much premeditated, and I would be better off not accusing people who are expressing themselves artistically of having defective gear.

I'm sure there's a lesson in there somewhere.
Unread 01-09-2002, 02:32 AM   #70

Send a message via AIM to Moralis Send a message via Yahoo to Moralis
I never said the conklins sounded bad, they are just ugly as sin. Besides if a bass player has more than 5 strings he is doing too much. Maybe 6, but an 8 10 or 12 is too much, who needs a bass that playes 3 octaves in one note, silly....
Unread 01-09-2002, 12:23 PM   #71
so much

Quote:
Originally posted by Brent
I agree, but does it have to be a Christian site for him to have been looking at it? Or to pull pictures from it even? The descriptions aren't of content that would be found on a Christian site, no, but that has nothing to do with the pictures. If that's not where he got them then some other website has stolen a LOT of pictures from them.
No... I personally don't care where they came from. I was just making an observation.

"(a) Marriage in this state shall consist only of the union of one man and one woman.
(b) This state or a political subdivision of this state may not create or
recognize any legal status identical or similar to marriage.
Texas Constitution, Article I, Section 32"
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2002, 12:23 PM   #72
so much

Quote:
Originally posted by paradigm
Does it really matter WHERE I got them? THe point of this thread was to post ugly guitars....that's what I did. Quit analyzing everything and look at the stupid pictures.
HAHAHA.... you always read more meaning into my posts than there is meant to be. Don't worry dude... I'm not really analyzing anything.

"(a) Marriage in this state shall consist only of the union of one man and one woman.
(b) This state or a political subdivision of this state may not create or
recognize any legal status identical or similar to marriage.
Texas Constitution, Article I, Section 32"
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2002, 12:40 PM   #73
Be happy

HAHAHA!!!!! those things are hideous!!!!! you people rock!

ok.. here's another one
Unread 01-09-2002, 12:53 PM   #74

There's some sick people in this world. Sick people!
Unread 01-09-2002, 01:03 PM   #75
Be happy

i can't for the life of me figure out why ibanez thinks they need a hollow-body guitar....especially with the same look as their heavier style guitars...