Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Music & Musicians > Logistics > Worship Leading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2002, 06:40 PM   #1

Question What to play for Sanctity of Life Sunday?

Any ideas for songs that would fit for Sanctity of Life Sunday when the pastor has already said that he is going to talk about Abortion and the sanctity of life? I've been told about a song called "Borning Cry", but I have never heard it and can't find the chords.

BK

wjkreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2010, 10:28 AM   #2
... a hoopy frood

Been a long time since this posting... but I stumbled across your question and I know the answer so here goes:

"I Was There To Hear Your Borning Cry" is the title and first line of a song by John Ylvisaker that I have found is popular at funerals. You can find the music along with chords in many modern hymnals, including the new Lutheran (nu-cranberry colored) ELW and the older (blue colored) With One Voice. Although the melody is the same in those two books, the chord paradigms change a bit. I prefer the blue book version. All sources seem to agree that it is written in the key of G. You can find the melody easily enough by searching youtube for "Borning Cry." It's a very popular song.

Last edited by Fugli; 02-05-2010 at 10:58 AM.
Fugli is offline   Reply With Quote