Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Vocals & Other Instruments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-19-2005, 03:47 PM   #16

Actually the low C was a bit of an exaggeration...I can only go down to low G without sounding like crap...so maybe 1st alto? and the top few notes are squeaky...

Sponsored Links
Unread 11-24-2005, 12:05 AM   #17

I have a better technique about using your diaphram... my friend gave me a tip and it made my voice so much better in many differrent area of singing.. stand up straight with your back against a wall... as you take a deep breath in (dont use your nose), stick your stomach out (not too much), and let the breath out slowly as you sing!

My friend also told me that if you dont use your diaphram.. you can tell really easily because after maybe an hour or so... your throat is either sore or/and you cant hit the same notes anymore...
Unread 08-30-2006, 05:01 AM   #18

I still can't sing...Can everyone sing well?

~~~~~~~~~~UniTeD~~~~~~~~~~

Unread 10-13-2006, 08:50 PM   #19
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremes00 View Post
I still can't sing...Can everyone sing well?
according to my vocal instructor, with time, yes... the hard part is extending range, you should try and get lessons as early as you possibly can, a mans voice settles in his early twenties...

Another Tip from Kimberly, Tone Follows the Tongue! Therefore, if you aren't tone deaf, and you think you are singing on key, and somebody tells you that you're not, make sure you're tongue is pointing forward, that way the sound doesn't get distorted between your mouth and your ear!...

AXimus AXamillion AXington
First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Public Blog

Unread 11-09-2006, 03:36 AM   #20

Send a message via AIM to crazychu
X = What actually starts with x? Any suggestions as to what can go here?

eXamine your surroundings, make sure your singing isn't too loud, or too soft.
Unread 11-29-2006, 09:08 AM   #21
Godin/Seagull Man

I would like to add the following to question #5: "How do I keep my Voice my from sounding nasal?"

Try this exercise: Try to humm by making an m sound with your lips and make the lips vibrate a little. Focus the sound on your lips and then release your lips and make an ahh sound. Make sure you are filling your lungs from the bottom and allow your stomach and sides to expand ( I would say breathe from your diagphram but this is confusing because your diaphram doesn't actually breath; it is the muscle that pulls your lungs down and forces air into them.) I'm sure there are several threads on breathing technique. Also make sure you stand with good posture with your shoulders raised. To do this, raise your hands in the air and then let them drop while keeping your shoulders in the same position. You don't want to breath from your chest but you do want to make sure that the cavity is fully open. I usually focus on trying to get more resonance in the my chest cavity so the sound doesn't resonate as much in the sinuses. Hope that helps.
Unread 01-13-2007, 10:27 AM   #22
Grey wolves rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink*tux View Post
is it possible that some people can't sing? 'cause i like to sing,but im not really good....at all.
Same here.

My parents and other people say I sing good, but, eh, I don't.

I love to sing! I sing every day! Singing is a hobby of mine!
Unread 01-13-2007, 07:01 PM   #23

singing

I really thought this was all good advice. I am going to try it out. I plan on making a cd in the next couple of years so it will be a great help. thanks
Unread 04-18-2007, 04:54 AM   #24
Godin/Seagull Man

What happened to the old VAT?

What happened to the old vocal advice thread? I had posted some advice in there about how to get the nasalness out of your voice. My information was not included in the new thread and my post in the old thread is gone.

Seagull Artist Series Mosiac--> K&K SBT + mic-->K&K Trinity Preamp-->BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer

Godin SDxt (GFS Vintage '59 humbuckers, GFS Premium Overwound single coil) -->Fender Blues Junior

The Holy Spirit (who turns all my foolishness into beautiful praise to the Father)
Unread 04-18-2007, 09:41 AM   #25
power chord hater

Not sure. I split the screaming thread and the VAT since I was the original poster. Someone thanked me for 'teaching them to scream' and I couldn't handle that. It was never my intention for the VAT to be used as a screaming class or screaming thread. So, I split the two. And now there's one for singing and one for screaming.

But I don't have the authority or access to do anything to anyone elses posts. ???
-shane

www.stickandstrum.com
Unread 04-20-2007, 07:43 PM   #26
Ax
Rabid Wombat

It has been split and reopened.

First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.

Public Blog

Unread 04-22-2007, 06:55 AM   #27
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by presbystrat View Post
Great. I found my post about overcoming nasalness in the voice. It was buried in the screaming thread (Presbystrat cringes):

BTW: I don't think Snizzle came up with all of that. I believe most of that was compiled by Rhonda in the original VAT sticky.
Okay, I haven't figured out all the mod tools yet, when I do I'm gonna sift through it and move the vocal stuff over here.

Current Rig:

Public Blog

Unread 04-22-2007, 05:01 PM   #28
Ax
Rabid Wombat

bumping to first page so that I can sort all this out...

Current Rig:

Public Blog

Closed Thread