Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 2 6.06%
7 1 3.03%
8 4 12.12%
9 15 45.45%
10 11 33.33%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-13-2007, 07:47 AM   #31
All Hands on Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh!Gravity View Post
Not the longest. Relient K's "Deathbed" is 12 minutes.
that's really long...I'll have to check it out....

Switchfoot ,U2 , DC Talk, Audio Adrenaline, Anberlin , Mae, Relient K , P.O.D. , Pillar , Creed , Guardian , Styx , Stryper , Stations- [B]TVU, Tri-rock Radio, Radio U, Purevolume, Relevant TV </marquee direction="left" Scroll delay500></Scrollamount="1">

check out my <a href="http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=145225">blog</a>

Quotes -"Hope is stronger than it seems"
-Chance (by DC Talk)

-"Red letters kill your disbelief" - Audrey, Start the Revolution (by Anberlin)
HolyRockJfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 08-02-2007, 07:53 PM   #32
Red Sox Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesPaulSpecial View Post
Great album I gave it a 9 No albums perfect.
Godspeeds a winner!
More or less exactly my thoughts.

I like this sound. Definitely not your standard alternative/emo album, but it keep the genre alive. Very nice, here comes another solid 9.
~A good friend of mine
"Hail! Hail! Hail! Hail! Hail..."
~Coheed and Cambria, The End Complete V: On the Brink
Tale of the Nine: my Songwriting project!
"Tails flies away, but the Link hookshots him, beats him with the magic hammer, boomerangs him in the head, bombs him, freezes him and then lights him on fire, creates blocks to through at him, shoots him with arrows, and then whacks him with the master sword. That's one heck of a bat belt that Link has there. Link advances." (From the Video Game Showdown)
+SEAL+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2007, 08:10 PM   #33
the sun is often out

I give it a nine. I didn't really like any of their CD's so far, so when I found this one I was shocked. They played some more aeshetically pleasing songs, to fit my taste. I don't like all the songs, but Cable Car, and Fin especially are sweet. Simple progressions, but they realized how sweet 1, 6, 3, 7 is. (figuring minor as do)

It sounded more mature then their other CD's, in my opinion.
natedawg5280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2007, 11:16 AM   #34
Not your average n00b..

Send a message via AIM to Bingxactly!
i gave it a 9.

and it's every bit as good, if not better, live.
Bingxactly! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2008, 07:15 PM   #35

Without a doubt one of my favorite CDs! I gave it a 10! I pre-ordered it from the band as soon as I knew it was coming out. I was 11 when I first found out about Anberlin. I've loved them ever since. When I first got my copy, which was the day before it came out (SUCKA!), I was disappointed. It just sounded like they were ditching their "Blueprints For The Black Market" and "Never Take Friendship Personal" sound that I fell in love with; and the truth is they were. Anberlin has matured intensely! I loved their old sound, and now as they calm it down a bit... EVEN BETTER! Steven has one of the best voices I have EVER HEARD! I love it so much!
So for all of you who gave it a six. Give it another thoughtful listen. It's definately worth it!
Unread 10-23-2008, 10:42 AM   #36
Life is so short...

Amazing cd. 10. The lyrics are deep and inspiring, and the music fits them almost perfectly. i do wish the guitars had a more raw sound but nevertheless this is one of my fav cds ever.
livingalive626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2009, 12:59 AM   #37
I need a bigger car!

As much as I love Anberlin as a band, this is the only album of theirs I would give a 10 without thinking twice.

I've really come to love everything about the band, but I've always felt that Stephen Christian's vocal work was one of the best parts of the band. I firmly believe he is at his best here. He can easily go from demonstrating his amazing vocal range in one song to sounding brutally honest and real in the next. The other big reason I'm such a fan of Anberlin is because of their ability to write lyrics that convey emotion and feelings in an intelligent way. This album, I believe, features some of Anberlin's best lyrics to date(if I were asked to list a highlight, I'd probably have to include every song because I find myself constantly impressed with Stephen and Joseph's writing the more I listen to each song). Reading the lyrics to the songs is like reading poetry.

Of course, I also really enjoy their musicianship as well. They never fail to impress me with some of the catchiest musical hooks and choruses I've heard that constantly get stuck in my brain. However, unlike such subpar bands as Fall Out Boy and other bands in the same genre, these guys write lyrics that mean something and tackle personal and important issues with themselves, the people around them, and the world they live in, a higher level of musical ability and skill, and Stephen's voice is one of the best I've heard. Also, they really did an effective job at building mood on this album, especially with the intro leading up to "Godspeed".

So, yeah. This album definitely deserves a 10, in my opinion. I can't wait to see them continue to grow sharper as a band in the future.

Last edited by DKelly; 09-20-2009 at 10:15 PM.
DKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2009, 09:47 AM   #38
leafy greens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKelly View Post
As much as I love Anberlin as a band, this is the only album of theirs I would give a 10 without thinking twice.
Have you heard New Surrender?

I agree. They came close to tossing a no-hitter with this one.

"And I don't see my brokeness anymore, when I'm seated at the table of the Lord" - Leeland
tmlfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2009, 02:01 PM   #39
I need a bigger car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlfan123 View Post
Have you heard New Surrender?
That's the only studio album of theirs I don't own.
DKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2009, 09:29 PM   #40
leafy greens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKelly View Post
That's the only studio album of theirs I don't own.
Well if there was one not to own, that would be the one - although I'd still say it's worth it to pick it up. It's not as good as their previous stuff, but it's still Anberlin.

"And I don't see my brokeness anymore, when I'm seated at the table of the Lord" - Leeland
tmlfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote