Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-25-2007, 10:13 PM   #16
Pearl plays her guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
hopeful, whenever you post pictures of your guitar...just floored. I recently got an epiphone les paul NOS limited edition that looks sort of like yours, transparent black/almost bluish burst...but im craving for some double binding haha!
Yeah, I like it too. Like I said, this one was brand new for just over $1,000! You can't beat that, especially for the quality and the price. If I remember right, one of Dave's relatives works there (I think).

Check this guy out:
http://www.dougdoppler.com/
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 02-25-2007, 11:11 PM   #17

Well, I really do have my heart set on a gibson les paul. I've played a Fender American strat, it was great but I already have two strats, so I've got that tone covered. I played a $3000 PRS, it was good but it's just not my taste, I don't know, I just like les paul tone better. I was really thinking about a les paul studio in the first place, but than I played a couple of them. It's an OK guitar, my michael kelly feels just as good. I also played a faded mahogany les paul and I liked everything but the neck, it felt very rough and cheap. I played a Gibson SG standard and wasn't at all impressed, it didn't even sound very good. I tried two les paul classics, the gold top felt great until I tried the black one. It blew me away, it was light for a les paul, it sounded the best out of all, and it was the best feeling guitar I've ever played. From then on I see why people pay $2000 for a guitar. Now everything else feels like crap, I wish I never played it, it spoiled me.

Guitars: Highway One Tele, Empress Tele, USACG Custom Strat

Amp: Peavey Classic 30 and borrowed Fender Twin

Effects: Mojo Hand FX Rook OD, SBN Screamin' Eagle OD, Mojo Hand FX Crosstown Fuzz, SBN BDAB, MXR Carbon Copy, Mojo Hand FX Bayou Tremolo
AudioAUnderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2007, 08:39 AM   #18
Heaven isn't too far away

Send a message via AIM to gtrdave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
Yeah, I like it too. Like I said, this one was brand new for just over $1,000! You can't beat that, especially for the quality and the price. If I remember right, one of Dave's relatives works there (I think).
Yes, a distant cousin on my wife's side named Jim Deurloo. (her family is all from Kalamazoo, MI).

youtube
facebook
cd baby
gtrdave is offline   Reply With Quote