Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What brand of guitar(s) you got?
Gibson 9 3.60%
Gibson Epiphone 13 5.20%
Taylor (i think if God played guitar, he'd have one of these ) 20 8.00%
Takamine (great guitars) 38 15.20%
Fender 35 14.00%
Squire 10 4.00%
LePaul 1 0.40%
Martin & Co. (another fine brand) 8 3.20%
Ibanez 21 8.40%
Other 88 35.20%
I have no clue!!! 7 2.80%
Voters: 250. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-16-2001, 03:28 PM   #1
That's my baby girl!

Send a message via AIM to SCCdcTFreak Send a message via Yahoo to SCCdcTFreak
What Kind of Guitar Do You Own?

Alrighty,

A ponderous question has just popped into my mind. Most of us that come to this site are guitarists or bassists, so what kind of guitar/bass do you's guys own? I've got two Gibson Epiphones, one's an acoustic with pickups, and the other is an electric. If you own more than one guitar, I'm sorry 'cuz it only lets you vote once, so just vote for the fav. one that you own, and if you own one under the category (other), then please post a reply and elaborate for us, k?

In Him,
+ <>< Stephen

Yeah I can play the guitar. I know all about virtuosos and trembalos and arpeggios. I can do it all. I can play your basic rhythm guitar, like. jug jigga jug jigga jug jigga jug jigga jug jigga JAH JAH jiggidy jug jigga jug jigga jug jigga jug jigga jug jigga JAH JAAH. You know, something like that. I can also play some pretty hott lixx, too. You know, the kind that are just way up high on the tiny strings and you mash your fingers on 'em. meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley MEEEEEEEEEEE. Yeah, yeah And then Strong Mad comes in on his bass and he's like dou dow da dou dou dow da dou dow dow dow dow dow dou. And then the Cheat comes in with his keyboard and he's like boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boo and then I'm like "And the dragon comes in the NIIIiiiiIIIiiiiIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIiiiIIGH

Oh yeah.

My blog that sometimes goes a long time without me posting, but I still like it . . .

Last edited by SCCdcTFreak; 05-16-2001 at 03:35 PM.
SCCdcTFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 05-16-2001, 03:40 PM   #2
Unregistered

Cool

I own 2 Guitars and a bass but may favorite is my Fender "Taco" strat. It is a mexican strat so that is why i call it a Taco. I love fenders. I think they are the best guitars period.

In Christ Cliff
Unread 05-16-2001, 03:42 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to Sambo
Talking

I currently own an Ibanez Acoustic With a Martin Thinline Gold plus Matrix Pick up I have a SKB Hard shell case for that. And I Also Have A washburn Acoustic As well
Unread 05-16-2001, 04:12 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Insano99
My guitars

I have 4 guitars

my first one was a yamaha acoustic F-305 or something

then i got a blue squier strat, i dont like the sound but it looks cool!

next was a esteve classcial guitar.

then my baby my 414-ce taylor grand auditorium guitar
Insano99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2001, 05:59 AM   #5
not so bright

I have 7 and only 4 of which are list so I voted other.
I have a:

1999 PRS Custom 24
1965 Gibson SG
1974 Fender Strat
20th anniversary Yamaha 12 String
1995 Ibanez RG w/ 24 frets and coil tapping.
Takamine EF-341-C (not sure on the year)
And old beat up Harmony Electric (the jewel of my collection)lol

Some of my gear.
tenwatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2001, 12:52 PM   #6
home-schooled saint

"I have no clue" means no guatar (for keyboardfreak, me, and others)
Unread 05-17-2001, 03:47 PM   #7

I have three but I voted for the best one! A Taylor 614ce!

Aaron
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2001, 04:23 PM   #8
your tone's all wrong.

Talking my guitars

Hey ya'll- I'm sooooo proud of my guitars- simply because I'm 15 and I worked for every one of them! So I've earned bragging rights.
well- i've got 7 guitars:

"Precious" 1. a taylor 414-ce grand auditorium (youth pastor gave it to me for 300 dollars!!!!!!!!!)

"Orson" 2. Gibson Smartwood Exotics Les Paul

"Lacy" 3. Epiphone Les Paul Standard Flame Top (My fave- it's the best sounding guitar ever, and it has an original finish done by the guy i bought it from- like nothing I've seen on any guitar) It's named after my girl- the hottest woman alive...

"Steve" 4. Ovation Celebrity A/E

"Duz" 5. Ovation Celebrity 12 string

"RUNT" 6. Ibanez RX-60 (or something like that- I call it "Runt" because it is so ugly- I've modified it over and over and over, and it's covered in stickers

"Gramma" 7. Some vintage Epiphone Acoustic- unidentified. Prettiest sounding acoustic in the world.
Unread 05-17-2001, 06:22 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to minorman
I just got a webber om...has anyone here ever played one before?? They are made by david webber up in canada and he is an amazing builder it's by far the best guitar I've ever played...and I've played a lot
James
minorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2001, 09:15 AM   #10
Mato el Pato

Send a message via AIM to PatoGuy Send a message via Yahoo to PatoGuy
I've got two guitars and a bass. My bass is a Squier (and my friend has a Squier strat) and I think that Squiers have very high quality sound considering the price you pay for them. (In other words, they're totally awesome for cheap instruments.)

I also have a Johnson Dreadnaught A/E (has anyone else ever heard of them?) I like the sound of it, but some of the electronics inside have started to come loose which is not cool.

I also have a Hyundai of some kind. It was given to me, it's a piece of junk. Not only does it sound terrible, but the bridge broke after a week of my having it and I've never bothered to get it fixed. I'll probably sell it real cheap to someone who wants to start out learning guitar.

PatoGuy
PatoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2001, 10:09 AM   #11

Send a message via AIM to ZeroSynthetic
I have an Ibanez GX which was my first guitar and now i have a BC Rich NJ Series Warlock with a Widow Headstock plus it also has a Floyd Rose tremelo system in it. It is an awesome guitar.

ZeroSynthetic
Unread 05-18-2001, 11:29 AM   #12
Band

Send a message via AIM to MrCrabby Send a message via MSN to MrCrabby
I own a Fender DG-8 model, i think Fenders are the best quality for the money.
MrCrabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2001, 08:14 PM   #13

Well, I have a Taylor Big Baby acoustic - the economic choice for Taylor lovers like myself. It cost me about four hundred. Frankly, its a steal. Sounds better than a lot of Martins I've played, really. I play that one the most.
Then I got an Epiphone Les Paul standard. It's got this nice honey burst finish that people ooh and ahh at. I used to have a Yamaha classical, but someone offered me more for it than I originally paid. Then there's my other old steel stringer. It's a Vantage (?). Fairly decent sounding guitar. It's got a lot of good wood on it. Harmonics are kinda off. It's taken a lot of abuse (Put it on an airplain w/ the strings still tight. Neck snapped at the butt. Yeah, it's stupid. I know) That's it. Sorry, no Paul Reed Smith here. I'm fifteen and I worked for all mine too. It's made me appreciate them more.
RockinRonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2001, 06:39 AM   #14
not so bright

Yeah, it's better if you work for your guitars. The only guitar that was ever bought for me was my Harmony. I think it ran $125. The rest of my babies I've worked for and even had to take out a loan on my PRS. My Gibson SG I found at a yard sale. The guy had no clue what he had. The rest I just looked for good deals and bought them.

Some of my gear.
tenwatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2001, 03:33 AM   #15

I wish I had some of your axes.
I have
1.Carvin AE185 with flamed koa, coil splitter and phase switch. This is the most versatile guitar for P&W because you can go from acoustic to electric instantly.
2. 1962 Fender strat, teal green with silver inlay at the headstock.
3.420 Taylor acoustic
4. Robin strat (made in texas) for slide.
5. Sigma acoustic. Great acoustic sound for a piece of beat up wood. Hate to say it, but it sounds better than the Taylor.
6. 1941 Martin D18 that belonged to my Grandfather. One of the most sought after guitars for recording sound. Do not even need to mike this. This baby had its neck broke after a plane flight to just like rockinronnies. Loosen those strings when in flight. I had Gryphon stringed instruments in Palo Alto repair it.