Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What brand of guitar(s) you got?
Gibson 9 3.60%
Gibson Epiphone 13 5.20%
Taylor (i think if God played guitar, he'd have one of these ) 20 8.00%
Takamine (great guitars) 38 15.20%
Fender 35 14.00%
Squire 10 4.00%
LePaul 1 0.40%
Martin & Co. (another fine brand) 8 3.20%
Ibanez 21 8.40%
Other 88 35.20%
I have no clue!!! 7 2.80%
Voters: 250. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-26-2001, 10:27 PM   #31

hey everyone,
you all seem pretty cool, so i thought i'd join in the fun. (this is my first post here) i play mostly acoustic, and i absolutely LOVE Martins, in my opinion, they are the sound of heaven. i have a sigma plug-in, which is a little lower on the Martin price-scale, due to my college-budget. i also have an old ibanez that my dad gave to me, he bought it when he was a freshmen in college in 1970, and it still sounds great sittin around worshipping in a dorm room. for electrics, i'd have to go with epiphones. peace out my brothers!

2 Samuel 6:14
string_jammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 05-26-2001, 11:05 PM   #32

well i used to play a fender 4-string jazz bass but now its a squire 5-string precision bass and a danelectro DC-3
canadian A is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2001, 08:01 PM   #33

Send a message via AIM to James O.
I play the guitars I build. A mahogany/englemann spruce like Taylor's 512, but with the 900 series rosette inlay; a rosewood/cedar Ryan type guitar (ryanguitars.com), an a sitka spruce/rosewood Ryan in progress right now.

My electric is a Godin LGXT. I'd like a PRS 22 though, as well.
Unread 05-28-2001, 11:53 PM   #34

I have a mephis bass that used to belong to the foofighters its action sucks so bad that I could shoot arrows with easier than I can play it I also have an Ibanez acc. elec. sounds good I use for leading worship......
Wantingmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2001, 08:43 AM   #35

Thumbs up Hmm..

I have four. My favorite right now is an alvarez I got for my birthday. I have an Ovation that doesnt work right now, but since it was the first one I bought on my own, I kept it(any ideas on what I could do with it?), a freebe my kids are learning with, and an electric I bought back in jr(1970 that is), that was a simple little thing from Sears of all places. At the time it was just something to play with, Now I have found out what I actually have and have it set aside. Yes, I still have the case with the built in amp(Silvertone sold by Sears).

The nice thing is that none of them are real fancy. They play as well as I do. I upgraded as I got better. I think thats the best way to go. besides, there are a lot of really good sounding guitars that are not masterpieces, you should neve just pass one up because you dont know the name.
WeeBurt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2001, 02:04 PM   #36

My Guitars! -

Hey All,

These are the guitars i own:

Classical:

Yamaha Folk Guitar

Acoustic:

Lyle Hummingbird (Copy of Gibson Hummingbird) Great SOUND....I can't tell the difference!!!!)

Electric:

1994 Fender Squire Bullet uprgraded with seymour duncan pickups.
and I just purchased a 2000 Lonestar Strat!!!!! IT ROCKS

Pedals:

RP100 & different effects/wahs....my favorite is my GCB-95 Crybaby Original Wah!!!!

Trey C.
Lead Guitarist of "Led By One"
rockguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2001, 02:25 PM   #37

Hey folks!

Right now I'm playing a Silver Anniversary Alvarez acoustic (modified with an electric pickup). Saving up the Franklins to purchase a new Martin sometime this summer.

Peace.

Hebrews 12:2
randym1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2001, 03:29 PM   #38
Simple.

Send a message via AIM to MercyMe
i've got several guitars... so i'll list my four fav's

1995 PRS Santana II
1973 Gibson Les Paul Classic P-90
2001 Carvin 285
'57(?) reissue Fender "Nocaster" (a telecaster that was in between the names "broadcaster" and "telecaster", so it didnt have a name written on it)

MercyMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2001, 11:58 AM   #39

Send a message via ICQ to alfee
My guitars

Reading these posts make me drool...

Mine are:
1. Applause (lower rage ovations) large oval back, with the clearest trebles and great action! My fav.

2. Admira classical (got it at a good deal of USD125)

3. "Pyramid" electric... a cheapo electric just to learn the ropes of electric guitaring (boy, there are LOTS of technique involved)

I think i'll stick to my applause... great acoustic guitar for worship! Thank God, all my guitars are given! I needed a guitar b4 a small concert i played in, and my dad suddenly got me the applause! Praise God, He knows what we need... and also what we want... (in my case, it would be a Taylor)
Unread 06-04-2001, 12:00 PM   #40

Send a message via ICQ to alfee
whoops

errr...didnt know my pic would turn out to be so big...

Unread 06-04-2001, 06:29 PM   #41
Redeemed

Send a message via AIM to Mike
I have a Taylor... and I dont think I'll ever get another brand as far as electric acoustics go... =)

I Wuv my taylor! =P

**hugs his taylor**

God Bless,
Mike
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2001, 10:52 PM   #42
ken
Oh where is my hairbrush?

here's my list

Electric:

Hamer Duotone (import) : very versatile for our Praise and Worship team. Has dual humbuckers plus a piezo under the bridge. All switchable and blendable. Lotsa different tones. Main player.

1967 Gretsch Country Gentleman : Used to belong to my Dad. Could use a good restore but in pretty good condition considering the age. Great Jazz tone.

1967 Vox Hurricane: Again, used to belong to my Dad. Looks like the old Fender Mustangs. Has that 60's jangly twangly sound. Not too useful for me but cool to have around.

Electric/Acoustic:

Alvarez RD20C: Laminated top, but for the price, an electric/acoustic that has great action, good presence unplugged, and good sound plugged in. Not a Taylor, but I didn't pay for one either. This is what I take to our weekly life group to support our worship time.

Acoustic:

Scott 6 string : This is an old acoustic that is pretty much a sit in the corner beater.

Greco 6 string : campfire guitar (fuel that is).

Goya 12 string : OK 12 string. Sentimental value cause my wife bought it for me when we were dating.

Other:
Scott 5 string banjo: Haven't learned how to play this yet.

Scott mandolin: first thing I learned to play 20+ years ago.

I think that covers it. It looks like a lot but most of it was given to me so I didn't have to mortgage my house for them.
Unread 06-04-2001, 11:05 PM   #43

Send a message via ICQ to kimchi43
a fender acoustic. some model that i don't want to find out. but i'm itching for a larrivee D03E. our praise leader uses it and it sounds great. i'd get one with a venetian cutaway, but those cost too much for my college student budget. hopefully make my way up to a taylor.
kimchi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2001, 12:09 AM   #44

Talking Carvin bass!!! and tak

I have a beautiful Carvin Blueburst Bass (LB70, 2000). Amazing thing. It's too bad i don't have as much passion for the bass then i do for guitar.

My guitar is a takamine EG-10C although my wish list consists of a Larivee.
bomber317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2001, 06:14 PM   #45
Artistic Musician

Send a message via AIM to OnFireForGod
I have an electric/acoustic Oscarschidmt by Washburn. The body is made of Swamp Ash. It has Grover keys and Kyser 12 gauge strings. It's awsome looking and sounding. I love it.
<center><a href="http://www.consuming-fire.net/home.php"><font color="#3D3F8D"><b>Click here to visit my NEW bands website! We are Ever-Present.</b></font></a><br><font face="Comic Sans MS" font color="#3F639F">"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble."<br>Psalm 46:1</font></b></center>
OnFireForGod is offline   Reply With Quote