Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-10-2007, 05:25 PM   #1
Living By Grace
 
borntwice's Avatar
 

Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Linz, Austria, Europe
Posts: 76
Send a message via ICQ to borntwice Send a message via Skype™ to borntwice
unexpected GAS-money

today i got the message that i will get around $650 GAS-money.
the last weeks (days), i 've been GASing 3 potential "vicitims":
any seagull (preferrably an S6 with satin finish), because a lot of people seem to love them.
the godin A6, because gtrdave led my eyes to this beauty
the schecter custom 5 because i need to play bass at church quite often and i love my c-1 plus and expect similar quality

unfortunately all three guitars are very hard (if not impossible) to find in a guitar store in the area where i live. and right now it's just not possible for me to make a trip to vienna or so
the music stores in linz only have a small range of guitars so it's not likey that i would find something decent (sound-/quality-wise and money-wise).

although it's all a matter of preference (i guess especially with guitars), and one should hardly ever buy a guitar without trying it out, would you buy one of these without playing it first?
or do you have "better" suggestions?

and, i will be mainly using it in church...

edit: i'm definitely willing to buy used

borntwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 02-10-2007, 06:36 PM   #2
Godin/Seagull Man
 
presbystrat's Avatar
 

Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Amarillo, TX
Posts: 2,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by borntwice View Post
today i got the message that i will get around $650 GAS-money.
the last weeks (days), i 've been GASing 3 potential "vicitims":
any seagull (preferrably an S6 with satin finish), because a lot of people seem to love them.
the godin A6, because gtrdave led my eyes to this beauty
the schecter custom 5 because i need to play bass at church quite often and i love my c-1 plus and expect similar quality

unfortunately all three guitars are very hard (if not impossible) to find in a guitar store in the area where i live. and right now it's just not possible for me to make a trip to vienna or so
the music stores in linz only have a small range of guitars so it's not likey that i would find something decent (sound-/quality-wise and money-wise).

although it's all a matter of preference (i guess especially with guitars), and one should hardly ever buy a guitar without trying it out, would you buy one of these without playing it first?
or do you have "better" suggestions?

and, i will be mainly using it in church...

edit: i'm definitely willing to buy used
I bought both my Seagull and Godin off of Ebay and have been very happy with them. They seem to have very good quality control.
__________________
My Rig

Seagull Artist Series Mosiac--> K&K SBT + mic-->K&K Trinity Preamp-->BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer

Godin SDxt (GFS Vintage '59 humbuckers, GFS Premium Overwound single coil) -->Fender Blues Junior

The Holy Spirit (who turns all my foolishness into beautiful praise to the Father)
presbystrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2007, 02:50 AM   #3
Registered User
 

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 391
Send a message via MSN to Luder
Since you already have a good guitar I'd go for the bass. I also have a C-1 but havn't played any schecter bassess but I hear good things about them.
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2007, 08:37 AM   #4
Godin/Seagull Man
 
presbystrat's Avatar
 

Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Amarillo, TX
Posts: 2,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luder View Post
Since you already have a good guitar I'd go for the bass. I also have a C-1 but havn't played any schecter bassess but I hear good things about them.
Well, the Seagull might be considered an upgrade from his Yamaha acoustic and the A-6 is a semi-hollow with a piezo pickup which is something he doesn't have.
__________________
My Rig

Seagull Artist Series Mosiac--> K&K SBT + mic-->K&K Trinity Preamp-->BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer

Godin SDxt (GFS Vintage '59 humbuckers, GFS Premium Overwound single coil) -->Fender Blues Junior

The Holy Spirit (who turns all my foolishness into beautiful praise to the Father)
presbystrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2007, 09:52 AM   #5
Living By Grace
 
borntwice's Avatar
 

Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Linz, Austria, Europe
Posts: 76
Send a message via ICQ to borntwice Send a message via Skype™ to borntwice
Quote:
Originally Posted by presbystrat View Post
Well, the Seagull might be considered an upgrade from his Yamaha acoustic and the A-6 is a semi-hollow with a piezo pickup which is something he doesn't have.

yes, one the one hand i'd like to upgrade from my acoustic (which i would probably consider both the seagull and the A6). but on the other hand, i'd like to get the bass since my church's xpectra bass is not fun to play with (wobbly B-string, ...).
too much GAS, too little money
borntwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:21 PM.


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2