Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-28-2006, 05:14 PM   #1
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
Interesting story in the guitar store today

Well, I'm happy to say that I get to visit the guitar store weekly now, what with my lessons, and I get to sample quite a few guitars, which makes me very happy . Today was interesting, though. I was playing a few acoustics (mainly a nice Alvarez), and this lady came up to me and asked me if I worked there. I said no, because I obviously don't, and then she asked me if it was a nice guitar. I told her I liked it, because I did, and then she asked me about the same model, just not acoustic/electric, asking me to play it and tell her what I thought. I picked it up and played around on it, 'cause it had a nice sound, and I told her I liked it, that the action was good, it was easy to play, etc.

Just thought I'd share that, 'cause I thought it was pretty cool that someone asked me my opinion on a guitar . Must be moving up in the world!

Donate blood and save up to three lives! Skeptical or curious about the facts? Please click here and find out from the experts!
DaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 12-28-2006, 11:16 PM   #2
Pearl plays her guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGeek View Post
Just thought I'd share that, 'cause I thought it was pretty cool that someone asked me my opinion on a guitar . Must be moving up in the world!
Could very well be. It does make you feel good, doesn't it?

Check this guy out:
http://www.dougdoppler.com/
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2006, 08:21 AM   #3
Godin/Seagull Man

Hey, maybe you should get a job there. You might have helped them sell a guitar.
presbystrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2006, 11:09 AM   #4
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by presbystrat View Post
Hey, maybe you should get a job there. You might have helped them sell a guitar.
Heh, I already asked 'em about job opportunities there; wasn't too promising .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful
Could very well be. It does make you feel good, doesn't it?
Yup, it does! And I feel good, 'cause I honestly thought it was a wonderful guitar, and I'd like to buy it eventually .

Donate blood and save up to three lives! Skeptical or curious about the facts? Please click here and find out from the experts!
DaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2006, 11:45 AM   #5
...loves his hollowbody!

I kind of had a similar experience at my local Guitar Center a few weeks ago. You know how there's always those guitarists in the music store that you see and you're just like: "Wow...he is amazing!" Well, I hardly think I'm amazing, but I was messing around with a couple of acoustics (a really nice Taylor, if I remember correctly), and someone was watching me that way. I was just fiddling around with stuff, and the guy's like, "What is that [you're playing]?" I was like, "Uhhh...just some stuff I made up." He was like, "That's really good!"

I was so happy another guitarist thought I played well.
Pod XT Live
Peavey Classic 30

<a href="http://www.purevolume.com/remnantgeneration" target="_blank">Check out my band, Remnant, on purevolume.com</a>

<a href="http://www.myspace.com/remnantgeneration" target="_blank">and on myspace</a>
JaytheK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2006, 02:40 AM   #6
I'm on a horse.

Send a message via AIM to Rainer.
I was playing a Valve Jr. at GC the other day, and some guy, actually looked like a pretty hardened guitarist-type, asked me what it was. I felt smart talking about the amp to him.

Rainer. is offline   Reply With Quote