Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-06-2007, 11:35 AM   #121
She's a guitar hero!

Send a message via AIM to Dave H
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrdave View Post
I'm hearing a Gilmour influence in there.
He's definately an influence

Here's my take on the rock in Dm. Some parts a bit sloppy - I tried to go beyond my abilities in a couple of parts

Dave H is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-06-2007, 05:22 PM   #122
Oh, so chickens DON'T fly

okay....here is my funk track.... this is my stab at it anyway. I used a vintage Global electric guitar, a Behringer Vintager AC112 amp, my computer speakers and recorded it with my Mp3 player.... lol ... the recording sounds pretty good i think.....

...oh, and be gentle guys...i just learned how to play a pentatonic scale yesterday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's not who you are inside, it's what you do that defines you.
adamkaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2007, 02:36 AM   #123

I solved my audacity problem...kinda. Anyhow, here's a (slighly)better track, hope ya'll like it.

http://www.smoothstoneguitars.com

....In case you were wondering, I am not dale
BlessedNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2007, 11:05 PM   #124
DANGER ZONE!

Send a message via AIM to Reno Rattler Send a message via MSN to Reno Rattler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
Here's my take on the minor blues...
Quote:
He's definately an influence

Here's my take on the rock in Dm. Some parts a bit sloppy - I tried to go beyond my abilities in a couple of parts
Great stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkaboom View Post
okay....here is my funk track.... this is my stab at it anyway. I used a vintage Global electric guitar, a Behringer Vintager AC112 amp, my computer speakers and recorded it with my Mp3 player.... lol ... the recording sounds pretty good i think.....

...oh, and be gentle guys...i just learned how to play a pentatonic scale yesterday
No you're not Eric Clapton. But it wasn't incredibly horrible sounding. Sounded mostly in tune and a good mix of notes. Practice practice practice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedNinja View Post
I solved my audacity problem...kinda. Anyhow, here's a (slighly)better track, hope ya'll like it.
Different take on it. I enjoyed it.

Ok, here's another stab at the Minor baby track. And my first recording of my DC. Unfortunately the only mic I have is some cheap Fender, but I guess it didn't do too bad. Also, apparently I have a short somewhere in my cables. You'll hear it around popping up every now and then, but mainly between :30 and :45.
Unread 01-09-2007, 12:51 AM   #125
I'm on a horse.

Send a message via AIM to Rainer.
Alright, here's my takes on two tracks on the opposite ends of the spectrum. Some jazzy baby blues, and some nu metal. I wish I had my jazzbox on me for the first track, but these are both my Les Paul. And I wish these tracks were longer. By the time I got into them, they stopped!

Both tracks, as usual, were direct from my PODxt Live. The blues is recorded with a Roland JC120 patch, with a little echo and chorus. The metal is a Soldano model with delay and whammy a couple times.

Playing over all these tracks is helping me with my creativity, so thanks, EC, for sharing.

Rainer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2007, 03:03 AM   #126
DANGER ZONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer. View Post
Alright, here's my takes on two tracks on the opposite ends of the spectrum. Some jazzy baby blues, and some nu metal. I wish I had my jazzbox on me for the first track, but these are both my Les Paul. And I wish these tracks were longer. By the time I got into them, they stopped!

Both tracks, as usual, were direct from my PODxt Live. The blues is recorded with a Roland JC120 patch, with a little echo and chorus. The metal is a Soldano model with delay and whammy a couple times.

Playing over all these tracks is helping me with my creativity, so thanks, EC, for sharing.
No problem, it's been my pleasure to share them. I've gotten a lot of things out of it listening to everyone else.

And may I say, that your tracks are awesome. I love the metal one. I want a whammy pedal now.

And if anyone wants the full tracks I would be happy to share them.
Unread 01-09-2007, 04:44 PM   #127
She's a guitar hero!

Send a message via AIM to Dave H
Quote:
Originally Posted by el cabong View Post
Great stuff.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el cabong View Post
Ok, here's another stab at the Minor baby track. And my first recording of my DC. Unfortunately the only mic I have is some cheap Fender, but I guess it didn't do too bad. Also, apparently I have a short somewhere in my cables. You'll hear it around popping up every now and then, but mainly between :30 and :45.
Nice tone on this. What is your DC? (probably a dumb question...)
Dave H is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2007, 04:53 PM   #128
DANGER ZONE!

Quote:
Thanks.

Nice tone on this. What is your DC? (probably a dumb question...)
Thanks.

Les Paul Double Cut.

Guitar>Jekyll side of a Jekyll & Hyde>Arion Digital delay>Laney LC15R>Peavey 5150 4x12.
Unread 01-09-2007, 05:14 PM   #129
I'm on a horse.

Nice job, guys.

EC, I think you're loading the front ends of measures a little too much. Meaning, the action all happens in the first couple beats, then it's a sustained note. A bit predictable. Good riff ideas throughout, but if you pay attention to where you're putting the notes, careful of doing too much on the front end, then letting the rest of the measure sorta sit. Especially since the rhythm guitar, for the most part is filling out the beginnings of the measures, there gets to be a vacancy in the tail ends. Enjoying your LP? Love mine.

Dave (re: your baby blues track), nice vibrato and expression. Lots of great bend and vibrato action all over. Watch out for repeating yourself. I suppose it's almost the guitar equivalent of saying "umm..." when you're trying to think of the next thing to say in a speech.

Unread 01-09-2007, 05:25 PM   #130
DANGER ZONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer. View Post
Nice job, guys.

EC, I think you're loading the front ends of measures a little too much. Meaning, the action all happens in the first couple beats, then it's a sustained note. A bit predictable. Good riff ideas throughout, but if you pay attention to where you're putting the notes, careful of doing too much on the front end, then letting the rest of the measure sorta sit. Especially since the rhythm guitar, for the most part is filling out the beginnings of the measures, there gets to be a vacancy in the tail ends. Enjoying your LP? Love mine.
Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I'll have to work on that.

And of course I'm enjoying my LP. You have one, so you know how it is.
Unread 01-09-2007, 05:36 PM   #131
I'm on a horse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el cabong
And may I say, that your tracks are awesome. I love the metal one. I want a whammy pedal now.
Thanks. I want a real whammy pedal too. The whammy on the PODxt has some tracking glitches sometimes, and the expression pedal on the POD isn't the best for whammy playing. But it sure sounds cool.

Alright, listening to a few more.

Blessed Ninja: I love the idea of all those guitar layers, but IMO, it just gets a bit insane. When each one is more or less improvising, it just gets to be a really hectic and haphazard. The main soloing is good. Nice ideas going on. When holding out really long notes, try starting off with a straight tone and gradually intensifying the vibrato. Makes for a bit more of an interesting sound than just maintaining a vibrato over the length of a note. The clean portion of the solo was rather quiet. I couldn't hear it too well.

Dave H: Moving on to your Dm Rock track. Good ideas, and good progression of ideas as the structure of the tune went on. The whole do-one-riff, then repeat with a slightly higher/busier lick is a good idea. Try not to do it too often, though. Nice chops.