Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-25-2006, 12:06 AM   #1

The other guy's present

Not an LP double cut.. but still. A Very nice Jay Turser acoustic with a built in tuner, abalone inlays, a solid cedar top, all the goodies. Now before people start sharpening their pitchforks, I got references to this guitar from both my Dad (30 years experience) and my classical guitar teacher (40 years experience). It has a very nice sound, too. Full sounding lows and shimmery highs, just what I've wanted. Pics coming tomorrow I hope. My parent's are awesome.

For years I used a typical off-the-shelf bar-type soap and I had no idea that, even though I rinsed properly and thoroughly after every cleansing, there was still a soap scum residue on my hands and fingers.
This negatively affected my tone in ways that I just can't describe.
Then, on a whim, a few years ago I wandered into a Bath and Body Works store at a local mall and picked up some of their gentle foaming anti-bacterial hand cleansers.
The difference in my guitar's sound is so wickedly improved that I no longer feel the need to buy a new amp or pedals or even strings...EVER!
So, it's my belief that tone is in the soap.
Thank you and goodnight.
nbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 12-25-2006, 12:13 AM   #2
DANGER ZONE!

Send a message via AIM to Reno Rattler Send a message via MSN to Reno Rattler
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbfan View Post
Not an LP double cut.. but still. A Very nice Jay Turser acoustic with a built in tuner, abalone inlays, a solid cedar top, all the goodies. Now before people start sharpening their pitchforks, I got references to this guitar from both my Dad (30 years experience) and my classical guitar teacher (40 years experience). It has a very nice sound, too. Full sounding lows and shimmery highs, just what I've wanted. Pics coming tomorrow I hope. My parent's are awesome.
Congrats man. All Christmas guitars are awesome.

I'm waiting for the pics.
Unread 12-25-2006, 02:43 AM   #3
Uhm

Send a message via AIM to Steve Lowe Send a message via MSN to Steve Lowe Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Lowe
Congrats, sounds like a nice axe! Enjoy playing for Him with it
Unread 12-25-2006, 01:02 PM   #4

guitars make good christmas presents. mainly because you (the giftee) almost always get to pick it out

Check out my blog?

irtrogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2006, 01:21 PM   #5

Yeah, I remember going to the store and pointing to it, saying, "That's the one I'm gonna buy". I had no idea I would get it for Christmas! Pics coming later today I hope.
For years I used a typical off-the-shelf bar-type soap and I had no idea that, even though I rinsed properly and thoroughly after every cleansing, there was still a soap scum residue on my hands and fingers.
Then, on a whim, a few years ago I wandered into a Bath and Body Works store at a local mall and picked up some of their gentle foaming anti-bacterial hand cleansers.
The difference in my guitar's sound is so wickedly improved that I no longer feel the need to buy a new amp or pedals or even strings...EVER!
Thank you and goodnight.
Unread 12-25-2006, 01:32 PM   #6
gg7
retired from CGR. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbfan View Post
Yeah, I remember going to the store and pointing to it, saying, "That's the one I'm gonna buy". I had no idea I would get it for Christmas! Pics coming later today I hope.
Awesome.
I look forward to seeing the pics.
Unread 12-25-2006, 01:38 PM   #7

My computer doesn't have a place for my camera's memory card, but my Dad's does. But his comp has a password. And we're watching LOTR. So it may be a while.
Thank you and goodnight.
Unread 12-26-2006, 07:26 AM   #8
Groove On

I've had an excellent success rate with every Jay Turser I've seen or played. Very good guitars, and very under-rated.
Unread 12-26-2006, 11:56 AM   #9

Here's some pics...finally.

(bigger pics if you click on the attatchments)
Thank you and goodnight.
Unread 12-26-2006, 01:29 PM   #10
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
Ooh, that's a very nice lookin' guitar! How's it play?

Donate blood and save up to three lives! Skeptical or curious about the facts? Please click here and find out from the experts!
DaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2006, 04:10 PM   #11
DANGER ZONE!

Send a message via AIM to Reno Rattler Send a message via MSN to Reno Rattler
That thing looks great. I really like the headstock.
Unread 12-26-2006, 04:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGeek
Ooh, that's a very nice lookin' guitar! How's it play?
It's as if it were built for me. The neck isn't to thin or wide, action is just right, the only thing is that it didn't come with a strap peg at the top. But I can fix that. On my old Epi I could not do bar chords very easily, a big drawback. Now it's perfect. I am very pleased with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by el cabong
That thing looks great. I really like the headstock.
Yeah, I was also attracted to it. It's cool.
Thank you and goodnight.
Unread 12-26-2006, 05:20 PM   #13
gg7
retired from CGR. :)

That's a really nice looking guitar. It looks like it has some nice inlay work on the top too.
I also like the idea of having a built in tuner. I've played on a couple of acoustics that had them, and it was very convenient. I'm not a fan of those tuners that you have to clip on the headstock or literally stick to the top of the guitar. I'd rather have it built in.
Unread 12-29-2006, 12:39 PM   #14
Noterator

pretty sweet man, looks like a Carlo Robelli my friend has.
Unread 12-29-2006, 12:58 PM   #15
I'm Not Really Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by irtrogdor View Post
guitars make good christmas presents. mainly because you (the giftee) almost always get to pick it out
I wish someone would have told my parents that when they got me an epi les paul and a yamaha acoustic...