Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Vocals & Other Instruments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-21-2001, 01:28 PM   #1
Punk Rock

Send a message via Yahoo to LSupertonesfan
Red face shy

I love to sing but i'm a little shy about it. And my family always says that if i want to sing that i can't be shy. I know it's true but how can i get over my shyness?

BLANK
LSupertonesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 12-22-2001, 01:57 AM   #2

Hi,

I used to be terrified of getting infront of an audience, but joined my high school choir, which not only helped me feel comfortable singing in groups (a good first step towards being solo I'd guess), but also has taught me a little about pitch and technique.

Meanwhile for guitar my church's worship team just dragged me into the band and had me play every week whether I sucked or not. Let me tell you this, once I hit rock bottom (and completely messed up infront of the whole congretation on a weekly basis) I realized two things a) it doesn't matter what the congregation thinks (well to a certain exent, but not really) and b) once you start doing it you can only get better. (!)

Try this, and start singing only with others or your friends if necessary, and slowly graduate to bigger and bigger things.

Also remember, as long as you are singing passionately from your heart, noone has a reason to complain.

Worship, have fun, and keep singing!

~Kev
Kev8D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2001, 02:24 PM   #3
Punk Rock

Send a message via Yahoo to LSupertonesfan
thanks

cool thanks for the tips. I've sang with my sister are church once but i want to do it again cause it was fun. My one friend was upset that she wasn't there to see me when it happened. Now that i have the money i can buy the tracks for the songs i want.

BLANK
LSupertonesfan is offline   Reply With Quote