Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-04-2006, 03:20 AM   #1

Send a message via MSN to Luder
Funny guitar moments

Hey I got an idea for a thread.

Tonight while playing at our youth service, I guess my strap was twisted or something, because while playing a song the strap came off, my guitar fell luckyly I caught it. While I was hooking the strap back on, it came off the other end. It was really funny.

And another one. Before service had started, my friend who plays bass was messing around with my guitar, had distortion turned up, volume pretty high, then just turned the amp off. So we go up for the first song, and for the intro I strum an extremely loud, distorted G chord. It was quite funny.

I remember a while ago someone posted a clip of where someone forgot the capo on a song.

Share your funny moments!

Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 11-04-2006, 07:42 AM   #2
Arnold Palmers FTW

Send a message via AIM to jamforchrist123 Send a message via Skype™ to jamforchrist123
I dont' have much, but the funnyest one for me was at a show chior concert. We were doing an instrumentle while the chior changed clothes andthe bass player goes for the opening riff, and he totaly breaks his E string. You could hear the whole croud gasp, So me and the drummer just kinda continue as I make up stuff as me and the bass player are discussing what to do, right there on stage, while playing. Eventully we decide just to move the whole song up a string which was a little hard for me, but I go it ok. Once we moved up the string the crowd just went wild. It was pretty tite, if I do say so myself.
jamforchrist123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2006, 07:47 AM   #3
Ba da ba ba ba

The power going out during an outdoor gig we were playing. We were playing in the dark for about 3-4 minutes.
Kenny C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2006, 01:24 PM   #4
I'm on a horse.

Send a message via AIM to Rainer.
I fell off a stage, with my guitar strapped on... and I caught my right arm on the pointy string ends, they dug in pretty good. Well, I suppose that isn't too funny.

Rainer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2006, 03:09 PM   #5

lets see... once i was gona play live in church one sunday morning, and i had left my guitar at my friends house on accident. so he took it over sunday morning, but he forgot my only strap. so i had to run home and get the strap off my mom's acoustic, which in turn didn't have loop holes big enough for my strap buttons. so the band started without me and i struggled to get my strap on. i finally did and came in mid song. the funny part is that i told my friend afterwards and he laughed as he told he had tucked my strap at the bottom of my gig bag, both the interior and the strap are dark colored so i missed it. i still laugh about it.
irtrogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2006, 04:21 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to xevan
I was asked to play a song of mine at a friends church were, im not sure what the correct term would be lol but I pluck my strings and just change the tuning. I saw some asian dude do it on google video and ever since I've been obsessed w/ it. I just don't what the exact name of this style is. Anywho when I was doing this for some reason my string( It might of been somethin else but I think it was my string) shocked me like it zapped me pretty good and I let out the highest pitch "ow" ever.... needless to say I was quite embarrassed but I finished the song up and have never gone back to that church again lol. I think its quite funny now looking back at it but I still have yet to figure out why or how I got shocked.
xevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2006, 04:59 PM   #7
Staff Sergeat

While playing a borrowed guitar once, something went wrong. They guy who owned it was playing with us, and during the song was trying to fix it. The guitar had 4 volume controls, and I had no idea what controlled what. Mid song, nobody could hear my guitar. So, the other guy stoped playing his, and started turning all the nobs on the one that I was playing. The guy at the sound board was going nuts too, and somehow I came back on, FULL volume.

What had happened was that the other guy had stepped on my effects box, and had accidently turned the volume all the way down.

It was VERY funny, afterward, but I got a good panic in the process.

--Katze
Katze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2006, 06:35 PM   #8
I'm on a horse.

Send a message via AIM to Rainer.
Quote:
I still have yet to figure out why or how I got shocked.
It's called bad grounding in the building. Since the excess charge has no ground in the building to go to, it goes backward, into your hand. Potentially very, very bad. Folks have gotten seriously injured by things like that before.

Rainer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2006, 08:35 PM   #9
im baman

It's not really with my guitar, but once I picked up my Sitar (In it's case) and had a "Cartoon Moment". (You know, when a cartoon character runs off a cliff and doesn’t fall till he looks down.) I picked the case up, continued having a conversation I was having and then looked down at the case. And as soon as I realized it wasn’t latched, the sitar fell out! luckily I caught it before it made friends with the floor!
Sean.thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2006, 10:47 PM   #10
I'm Not Really Here

When I was still kinda new to playing guitar, i was playing with my old worship band at my old youth group. I dropped my pick in the middle of a song. I ended up playing the song with my thumb as best I could. When the song got to a slower part, i slowly bent over, swiped my pick off the ground, and continued playing. No one noticed.

Another time, I was playing in front of the main church congregation. Sound check went okay, everything was working then. When it got time to play, my guitar made no noise. The volume was up and the sound guys had no idea what happened. Someone jumped up onstage to the keyboards so that the song wouldn't be ruined due to the technical difficulties. When I was packing up my gear afterwards, i noticed that my guitar wasn't fully plugged in to my pedal. I unplugged it since I ran them on botteries back then, and having something plugged into the input jack of the pedal drains the battery. I plugged it back in before i started playing, but i must not have gotten it in all the way. It was pretty embarassing.
Unread 11-04-2006, 11:13 PM   #11
gg7
retired from CGR. :)

There's a similar thread to this on CGR. I was able to find it with a simple search, using the description of what came out of the original poster's sleeve.
Read it. This story owns all:

http://www.christianguitar.org/forum...d.php?t=113839
Unread 11-04-2006, 11:33 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to Jaymze13
There's been a couple of times I frantically got the attention of the music minister because he either forgot to put on or take off his capo. It happened once with the other guitarist too. I don't want too seem like I'm bragging, but as far as I know I've never forgotten whether to use a capo or not.

On the other hand........................

I have gotten a little carried away a couple of times and broke some strings. Thankfully, anytime I've broken a string it was always on the last song. I remember the morning I popped my "D" string.
Jaymze13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2006, 06:05 PM   #13
major 4th to a minor 4th

Breaking strings. I must be quite soft on my strings. A friend borrowed my guitar for leading worship one night at this youth camp I was helping out at. During the practice (think really quick run thru of songs), he broke 2 strings. In a practice where we did 3 songs. I was less than impressed. Fortunately he only broke one more the rest of the night!

My funniest moment must've been:

I was leading worship at a youth group, and I had stacked my music sheets on the stand. I then realised as I started the last song without looking, changing keys expertly (), my last songs music was underneath some other music and I couldn't remember the words all that well.

What I decided the best course of action was to brush the music on top of the final song off in such a way that wouldn't interupt the flow of worship. I proceeded to do a semi windmill move as i strummed and successfully sweeped it away. Such was the force of the sweep that the paper went flying into the air and slowly settled on the floor. People clapped. Not what I was going for!

Either that, or tuning for so long in the opening song that the first chord you play was the last chord of the song! It was the one 'I knew' as well.
telecasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2006, 06:12 PM   #14

Once, in youth group, I was trying to play along with a cd, since no one knew the song well. Playing with the cd was unrehearsed. I had someone else's guitar, too. When I started playing it sounded like crap. I couldn't figure out what was the matter, so I just stopped playing. The next week, I found out that the guitar had been tuned a half step high.
Unread 11-06-2006, 06:20 PM   #15
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieatdirt View Post
Once, in youth group, I was trying to play along with a cd, since no one knew the song well. Playing with the cd was unrehearsed. I had someone else's guitar, too. When I started playing it sounded like crap. I couldn't figure out what was the matter, so I just stopped playing. The next week, I found out that the guitar had been tuned a half step high.
That's one of the worst things to find, heh. I hate it when guitars I'm using aren't tuned properly . I was embarrassed at my band practice one time when I was playing a new song that we were figuring out (One of our originals). The sound guy was doing some chords, and we all thought it sounded good, so I was like, "Okay, I can play that." Well, first off, he didn't really show me too well what to play, lol, even though I'm the guy in the band . Then I start playing it and it sounds like junk... So he shows me again and I get it working. I then tried on my guitar (I'd been doing it on a friend's electric) and it was horrible. I refused to play it on any other guitars because I thought my friend's electric was weirdly tuned (Wasn't sure what it'd be) and that it was the only way for it to sound good... Then I finally was told that his guitar was in standard tuning...

Donate blood and save up to three lives! Skeptical or curious about the facts? Please click here and find out from the experts!
DaGeek is online now   Reply With Quote