Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > P
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rate the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 1 4.55%
4 2 9.09%
5 1 4.55%
6 3 13.64%
7 1 4.55%
8 3 13.64%
9 7 31.82%
10 4 18.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-03-2006, 09:07 PM   #31
True Defiance

Send a message via MSN to monkeysmile Send a message via Yahoo to monkeysmile
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKelly View Post
That's their opinion and they are entitled to it. It may not be the correct opinion though...
It's my opinion,and bobthecockroach said i pwn....therefore it is the best.

monkeysmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 12-04-2006, 12:05 PM   #32
Howlin' Mad!

back on topic, the more i listen to this cd the more i like it! the only song i'm not wild about right now is crossfire but its not that bad. this is truly a great cd. i really like a lot of the guitar work on here too.
Unread 12-04-2006, 03:12 PM   #33

Yeah, Noahs really good.
tl_guitarnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2006, 02:50 PM   #34

Quote:
That's their opinion and they are entitled to it. It may not be the correct opinion though...
Ok, Im sorry, this one really made me laugh. ok lets break it down shall we... " Thats thier opinion", who is "thier" in this case...Pillar. So lets reword this. "that's [Pillar's] opinion and [Pillar] is entitled to it." Yes i do believe that Pillars is entitled to make thier own opinions about their own cd. now lets get to the other half of this statement... "It may not be the correct opinion". Ok, so here is where i get a little confused. It's PILLAR'S cd, THEY made an opinion about THIER cd saying that THIER cd was the best cd that THEY ever made. how is that not the correct opinion about PILLAR'S cd?
drummer97g is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2006, 03:14 PM   #35

Dude, you think way too much. That is Pillar's opinion. If they make a cd and like it the best, then they like it the best. If Pillar says something we don't need to agree with them. Its all about the music.
tl_guitarnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2006, 03:51 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer97g View Post
Ok, Im sorry, this one really made me laugh. ok lets break it down shall we... " Thats thier opinion", who is "thier" in this case...Pillar. So lets reword this. "that's [Pillar's] opinion and [Pillar] is entitled to it." Yes i do believe that Pillars is entitled to make thier own opinions about their own cd. now lets get to the other half of this statement... "It may not be the correct opinion". Ok, so here is where i get a little confused. It's PILLAR'S cd, THEY made an opinion about THIER cd saying that THIER cd was the best cd that THEY ever made. how is that not the correct opinion about PILLAR'S cd?
Pillar says this is their best album so it is? That's just stupid. To THEM, it's their best cd. To my friend, Fireproof is their best, to my other friend, Where Do We Go From Here? is their best, and to me, The Reckoning is the best. IT IS ALL A MATTER OF OPINION.
Unread 12-15-2006, 10:42 PM   #37

Send a message via MSN to guitarguy90
Hmmmm....sounds like a pretty good CD. I guess I should go buy it.
guitarguy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2006, 08:56 PM   #38
Firefox enlightened

Yet another digital drink coaster from pillar. I don't know if it's the vocals, the really loud snare(even if it sounds good), or the still remaining, subtle rappishness about the way he sings, but I just can't like pillar. I liked Bring me down at first, because it was intense, but after you a hear good hardcore band or two, it's just a snooze fest. I like crossfire. The rest is just ok. I did like the lyrics more this time around. But not enough to justify my buying this.
Personally, I give it a 4.5. As a critic, I'll have to give it a seven. Only because of the decent guitar solos in this one. Sorry for being a hater.
Mr. claw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2007, 06:26 PM   #39
The Fallen

Send a message via AIM to Sith of blades
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaukal View Post
Pillar says this is their best album so it is? That's just stupid. To THEM, it's their best cd. To my friend, Fireproof is their best, to my other friend, Where Do We Go From Here? is their best, and to me, The Reckoning is the best. IT IS ALL A MATTER OF OPINION.
I think you all think too much...lol.

I think it's a good cd, well done. I might say Were do we go from here? Was a little better, but I'm not sure. They both tie. Easily better than FireProofe though.
Unread 02-26-2007, 06:34 PM   #40
President of the ILS!

I love it! 9/10
Unread 02-26-2007, 06:34 PM   #41
I need a bigger car!

I finally got around to hearing this.

Overall, I give it a 4. Some of the songs are decent(like "Everything" and "The Reckoning"), but for the most part, it bores me to tears. Nothing out of the ordinary that catches my ear and two of the songs("When Tomorrow Comes" and "Angel In Disguise") have some of the cheesiest and most repetitive lyrics I have ever heard.
DKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2007, 05:10 PM   #42
Keep cool my babies

Send a message via AIM to conceived in fire
Quote:
Overall, I give it a 4. Some of the songs are decent(like "Everything" and "The Reckoning"), but for the most part, it bores me to tears. Nothing out of the ordinary that catches my ear and two of the songs("When Tomorrow Comes" and "Angel In Disguise") have some of the cheesiest and most repetitive lyrics I have ever heard.
I honestly haven't heard the entire album, but that's because I agree with what you said. After hearing 1:30 long samples of each song at Evangel, I knew I didn't want this. Fireproof was near incredible, Where Do We Go From Here had mostly good songs, but now they're finally gone. However, "Tragedy" does have (one of) the best Pillar intro(s) ever.

conceived in fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2007, 10:27 AM   #43
Where is the hot sauce?

I listen to this cd a lot. It is really good. I haven't listen to Pillar's other cds though. Some of these songs make my favorites.

Eating the world's enchiladas bite by bite

EM
Enchiladaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2007, 12:52 PM   #44
A simple guy

I give it an 8. Crossfire is completely awesome.
Adam K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2007, 08:18 AM   #45
Rock on!

I haven't heard the full thing but what I heard is really cool, so I gave it and 8.

Keep on rockin for Christ!
AudioACanuck is offline   Reply With Quote