Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > S
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 3 5.26%
7 3 5.26%
8 12 21.05%
9 11 19.30%
10 28 49.12%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-02-2007, 12:03 PM   #76
AofD

Send a message via AIM to KaiserZr Send a message via Yahoo to KaiserZr
I gave this album a 6....which pains me since Skillet is one of my favorite bands...

Favorite songs: Falling in the Black, Whispers in the Dark (mainly for the solo)

I will be honest...for me if you took away from the synths from the album, this would be another commercial alt. rock album... It took me a while to like Collide, but after a while I started to love it...but this cd... It just feels like they left the style that made me love them...

I loved their first cd, I loved Hey You, Alien Youth is still my favorite cd by them...Collide has one of my favorite songs by them, but this one... the only memorable thing about this cd was the solo from "Whispers in the Dark", which easily was the best guitar solo that have done on any of the cd's... Lyrics...some of the songs had decent lyrics (Last Night), but the rest really weren't that memorable... I sorta liked what they did with "Looking for Angels" with the talking the versus....

Overall it was a letdown in my mind...but Skillet still plays awesome live shows.

KaiserZr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 10-02-2007, 12:30 PM   #77

Send a message via AIM to Sean Send a message via MSN to Sean
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserZr View Post
It just feels like they left the style that made me love them...

I loved their first cd, I loved Hey You, Alien Youth is still my favorite cd by them...Collide has one of my favorite songs by them, but this one...
Those 4 CDs have very different styles. Which style did they leave with this album?

Modern Ministry Blog | My thoughts on life and faith
The Sean Chandler Blog | My thoughts on culture and politics
YouTube | My thoughts on movies and TV
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2007, 12:09 PM   #78
AofD

Send a message via AIM to KaiserZr Send a message via Yahoo to KaiserZr
Hey You, Invincible, and Alien Youth all had the industrial feel (more so in Hey you and Invincible), I prefer Alien Youth and Hey You over anything they have done before....the first album was completely different I will give you, but besides that the three I have mentioned are very much industrial rock (just different degrees of the electronic feel)... It feels like they are trying to become more mainstream with their sound....doing what every other band does...the only thing that makes them sound a tad bit different from any other mainstream alt rock band is the type of synths they use.
KaiserZr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2008, 08:30 AM   #79
certainly does throck

Send a message via MSN to Davomann
i think this is a good album but it doesnt touch collide or alien youth. I loved this album insanely for a little while and then started listening to their older stuff again and realised that Comatose is overall pretty generic. It seems like whatever new major label has just picked them up has wanted them to pump out a new album of catchy sounding songs and the CD sounds really Manufactured. its sorta like what Pillar have done with For The Love Of The Game and even TFK with the Flame in All of Us. Looking at the booklet, a lot of the songs (music and lyrics) werent even written fully by skillet. I have to say though, Rebirthing is epic and i really like Whispers and Falling inside the Black. The string lines are great too. I think the most obvious industrial elements of the album are in Falling inside The Black and Those nights does have an almost-pop-punk feel to it, in fact the whole album sounds sorta heavy-pop to me. Probably why i dont like it as much as their 2 previous albums
Purevolume: Me or Vex Reverend
Davomann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2008, 03:53 PM   #80
Proud to be irish

I disagree and I absolutely love this album, but maybe that's because I'm not really a heavy music guy.

*realizes this is CPF*

I think...I may have just pwnt myself.
Oh!Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2008, 11:29 PM   #81
Keep cool my babies

Send a message via AIM to conceived in fire
Way better than the generic Collide and inconsistent Alien Youth.

conceived in fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2008, 09:07 PM   #82

Awesome album!
Just got the Deluxe Edition yesterday and so far my favourites are Rebirthing, Last Night and Live Free or Let Me Die.
Skillet is really good at tackling the deep issues......apart from the fact that they're named after a type of frying pan.
Te eF Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2009, 01:42 PM   #83

hmmm....i don't agree with some of you people....Comatose is WAY more musically sound than Collide....yes Collide was a more "intense" album....but it didn't have the flow....musically....like Comatose does....although both albums are fantastic....but Comatose is the better album "skill-wise" if you will....although if you like harder stuff....Collide is better....idk.....it's personal preference....they are both great though.....
TFK_RAWKS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2009, 08:20 PM   #84
I'ma let you finish...

Send a message via AIM to mYdEePeStDrEaM Send a message via Skype™ to mYdEePeStDrEaM
Those Nights was not Punk. It was like Pop. MxPx and Take It Back! are punk bands.
I just wanna believe,
I just wanna believe.
I just wanna believe in us.
mYdEePeStDrEaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2009, 03:08 PM   #85
His Indebted Barista

Love this album to death! Got some history with that Last Night song. I can't remember when I first heard it but I was at a place in my life where I longed for someone like the guy in the song. A few years later...I found Him and He's Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!
Unread 12-12-2009, 09:25 PM   #86
His Indebted Barista

*clears throat*
I seee youu staanndiing heeere...but youu're soooo faaaaarr aawaaayy.
Staarving foor youur attenntioon you don't eveen knoooow myy naaame.

Dang! I drew a blank.
Unread 12-16-2009, 12:37 PM   #87
I'm forgiven.

Send a message via Yahoo to Guitarman121319
I think the CD rocks myself. There newest "Awake" is amazing.
Guitarman121319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2010, 07:40 PM   #88

Send a message via Skype™ to Darkhyperchaos
9/10. Another great Skillet album! I was a little worried that it wouldn't be as good as Collide, but it's just as good, if not a hair better. I would have liked some occasional screaming thrown in, but it's still and excellent album.
Darkhyperchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2011, 07:22 PM   #89

9 out of 10
christrocker00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 04:30 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSkittle
Love this album to death! Got some history with that Last Night song. I can't remember when I first heard it but I was at a place in my life where I longed for someone like the guy in the song. A few years later...I found Him and He's Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!
Amen brother it's great is it not?? God is good!!!!!!!!
christrocker00 is offline   Reply With Quote