Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-30-2006, 04:34 PM   #16
I play the blues!

Send a message via AIM to SDA_Bluesman62
Most of my musical assistance has been aimed at one person. I basically taught him how to play the blues and helped him progress as a guitar player as much as i knew how. I give him strings or whatever he happens to need whenver i can. I've also fixed his guitars (wiring and such) or loaned him guitars whenver he needed that done. The guy is an atheist, but im hoping through my assistance i'll be able to show him the Lord.

I've also taught a very good friend of mine how to play guitar. He has been called by the Lord to be a youth minister, and now he is using his ability to play guitar to lead worship and such.

I've also given pointers or small lessons to lots of random people who want to learn to play.

Fender Standard Stratocaster. Sunburst with a tortoise shell pickguard, Texas Special pickups, and Graphtech saddles.

Ampeg Reverberocket amp. 50 watts, all-tube, 2x12 inch speakers.

Alvarez rf-8 acoustic guitar with an installed pickup.
SDA_Bluesman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-30-2006, 11:09 PM   #17

Wow, that is amazing that so many people are out there helping 'newbs' get into playing. Giving of time and music is awesome, and can be a real witness to those you're giving to. I really wish I had someone who cared enough to show me something about the guitar when I started.

I gave my guitar (and much more expensive case) to a school in the Dominican Republic so they could start music classes.

I also gave away a Fender squire to one of my 'newb' friends whose guitar warped to the point of being uplayable, and a Epiphone bass to a younger friend who was trying to play bass because he just couldn't figure out the guitar.

I always have an extra guitar around I can part with if I need to help someone out and give it to them.
darfaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2006, 01:30 AM   #18

Send a message via AIM to samkim108 Send a message via Skype™ to samkim108
i strung my friends guitar about 7 times. i gave a ton of picks to other people at church and i gave some beginner lessons at church like playing chords and strumm patterns and playing some church songs with them
samkim108 is offline   Reply With Quote