Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Vocals & Other Instruments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-12-2001, 11:48 PM   #1
Ramen Noodle Alchemist

Send a message via Yahoo to Strider
I have a problem...

I cant sing. I feel like theres something in the back of my throat and I cant sing very well. Anybody have this problem?

Unread 12-13-2001, 02:30 AM   #2
Ramen Noodle Alchemist

15 views, and no replys?
Unread 12-13-2001, 02:34 AM   #3
Fabulous!

paid
Send a message via Yahoo to Bryan Send a message via Skype™ to Bryan
Well, is this something new, like you have been able to sing before and now you have problems. Or do you feel that you have never been able to sing?
Unread 12-13-2001, 02:21 PM   #4
Nosed Reindeer

yeah, is this new or has it always been like that?

maybe you could try clearing your throat...
Unread 12-14-2001, 11:02 AM   #5
Not a Mod

Send a message via AIM to jmlouie
maybe you aggravated it and should take a rest. are you sick? also don't clear your throat by coughing, that's bad for your throat. try harder swallows.
jmlouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2001, 11:08 PM   #6
Ramen Noodle Alchemist

Thanks.

I have been able to sing passably fair before, but I cnat sing worth anything now. On low notes Im okay, but on higher notes my voice just breaks. And I feel like I have to throw up sometimes, but my stomach feels okay. It might have something to do that I work at a rice mill and theres a LOT of DUST!
Unread 12-15-2001, 01:50 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Servants of God
Drink water before trying to sing next time.

You said your low notes are okay correct? Well have you been singing low mostly over the last few weeks? months? anything like that? Because the more that you sing low constantly...the better you'll sound singing in that range and the QUICKER you'll lose your higher notes. Just be sure not to strain yourself while trying to sing higher notes. And if you really wanna sing them, practice using your falseto for them.
Unread 12-17-2001, 02:47 PM   #8

Also, your voice may be changing. Even after the first big shift, your voice will continue to change, but not as dramatic.

Maybe, give your voice some rest, find a voice teacher, or even go to an ENT (Ears Nose and Throat Doctor) and have him/her check out your vocal folds to see if you might have damage. I know the last one sounds scary, but the sooner you know about things, the more time you have to react and start resting. Hopefully this will help you find some answers.

God Bless!

Brian
B-Bux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2001, 03:22 PM   #9

Have you been yelling or anything? Cause that's bad for you. I would try to rest my voice and drink LOTS and LOTS of water. +it could be the voice changing thing. I'm 26 and my voice is still changing (and I'm a girl )
Unread 12-17-2001, 06:22 PM   #10
Preggers with Baby # 2!!

Send a message via AIM to Singin4Him82 Send a message via MSN to Singin4Him82
This could be really serious, if I were you I'd go to the doctor and have it checked out. Lots of singers end up singing the wrong way and in extreme cases create callouses on their throat it can be very serious and have to be taken off. Now don't be scared until you go get it checked out, it could be nothing at all.
Singin4Him82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2001, 10:23 PM   #11
:o)

Send a message via ICQ to goosegg Send a message via AIM to goosegg Send a message via Yahoo to goosegg
Exclamation I'll second that part about going to the doctor

One of my friends that USED to sing on our praise team had the same problem. It developed over a couple of months. She went to the doctor who sent her to an ENT. They scoped her throat and found nodes on her vocal chords from incorrect singing and yelling too much ( I had to laugh at that part!). Anyway, she has not been singing now for about 2 months and is in therapy where they are teaching her to sing and speak correctly. She hopes to be back in another month or so, but one of the nodes is on a blood vessel which is not good. It may have to be removed. So, my point is, don't put it off if you really want to keep singing! That's my 2 cents worth, or maybe it's worth a nickel? goose out
Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope; because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning. Great is your faithfulness. I say to myself,"The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him. The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him." Lamentations 3:21-25
goosegg is offline   Reply With Quote