Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-30-2006, 09:31 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrdave View Post
It's using the term "handcrafted" in the same loose way that Esteban peddles his guitars as being "handcrafted"; somewhere and at some point of time, someone's hands had something to do with the creation of this guitar, even if it only meant to push a button and start the process of a CNC machine.
I'm not too sure about that. Of course, I think one of the worst disparagements you can make today is comparing any guitar to an Esteban. (Remember, Esteban's are purportedly cheap imports.)

With all the references to the "Boston Shop", I think that's where GuitarFetish.com is brick'n'mortared. To that extent, I think they probably have the parts custom made and then kit the guitars together themselves, or some version of that. (Companies like Warmoth also OEM a lot of stuff.)

One thing's for sure: given certain design particulars, none of their stuff looks offtheshelf, so I'm thinking they designed everything themselves. Also, whoever put these guitars together in terms of design features and aesthetics definitely thinks like a shop luthier or guitar tech.

Chesh

If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. --William Blake

Click here for the WORST advice you could ever get/give in the entire world of guitar buying
CheshireCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 08-30-2006, 10:16 AM   #17
Baby #2 is here!

Send a message via AIM to RipVanWinkle
Just the solid tuners and bridge are what got me noticing them in the first place. Its hard to imagine that most "starter" guitars have such cheap tuners and bridges.

Gibson DC Std/Charvel TX Custom/MIK Fender Strat > Vol Pedal > Dano CC Drive > Dano CC Distortion > Dunlop Cry Baby > Dano CC Tremolo > Boss DD-5 > Korg 301dl/XTLive > Blackstar HT-20; Yamaha FGX730SCA

Check out my new Youth Ministry blog, www.studentswilleatyou.blogspot.com , leave a comment if you're from CGR!

RipVanWinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2006, 10:26 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVanWinkle View Post
Just the solid tuners and bridge are what got me noticing them in the first place. Its hard to imagine that most "starter" guitars have such cheap tuners and bridges.
Indeed.

If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. --William Blake

Click here for the WORST advice you could ever get/give in the entire world of guitar buying
CheshireCat is offline   Reply With Quote