10 23 57.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-16-2007, 04:00 PM   #61
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. claw View Post
WHO GAVE THIS CD A 2 AND WHERE THE HECK DOES HE LIVE!!!!????
Sorry for the caps, but wow. That's dangerous. I mean like, really, dangerous.
That would be me. I gave it that for the only one song on the CD that was remotely decent. In all honesty, if they kicked Spencer, put Aaron up front, and got another drummer, I would like them so much better...

AXimus AXamillion AXington
First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Public Blog

Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 05-16-2007, 08:06 PM   #62
Firefox enlightened

You make me sad.
Mr. claw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2007, 10:36 PM   #63
Red Sox Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadsk8er View Post
So where does the music begin on this CD? Mine must have gliched, because all I have is 11 filler tracks of noise
Eh...is that supposed to be a burn against Underoath?
~A good friend of mine
"Hail! Hail! Hail! Hail! Hail..."
~Coheed and Cambria, The End Complete V: On the Brink
Tale of the Nine: my Songwriting project!
"Tails flies away, but the Link hookshots him, beats him with the magic hammer, boomerangs him in the head, bombs him, freezes him and then lights him on fire, creates blocks to through at him, shoots him with arrows, and then whacks him with the master sword. That's one heck of a bat belt that Link has there. Link advances." (From the Video Game Showdown)
+SEAL+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2007, 10:45 PM   #64
A simple guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXguitar View Post
That would be me. I gave it that for the only one song on the CD that was remotely decent. In all honesty, if they kicked Spencer, put Aaron up front, and got another drummer, I would like them so much better...

Seriously, this is a screamo band. You can't turn it into all emo, and kick Spencer. Aaron is better as backing anyway, imo. And the drums....What the hell?! The drums are incredible! I don't know how you can not call that talent.
Adam K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2007, 11:23 PM   #65
Firefox enlightened

All of Underoath's fans (with the exception of AX, here) would totally spaz out if they kicked Spencer and made Aaron the frontman.

Spencer is a perfectly good vocalist.
Mr. claw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2007, 02:27 PM   #66
Red Sox Rocker

Agreed. Having Spencer up front is what makes it Underĝath. (Ah, I love the accent-mark plugin for Firefox!!)

Okay, now that I've heard Define the Great Line, it's time for me to weigh in...AWESOME!!

Okay, this is my first Underĝath CD, and so I was expecting quite a bit...well, it fulfilled. I think the big part I like about it is that they scream, but it's not about the screams. It's also about the instrumental arrangements (like Salmarnir, which was an awesome song, BTW) and the contrast between Aaron's vocals and Spencer's screaming.

The really cool thing about it was that it told a story of sorts. If you read through the CD booklet, looking at the pictures and looking at the lyrics, it almost starts to fall into a pattern, with Salmarnir as the turning point of all the action. The first four songs are full of despair and wallowing in darkness. Then comes Salmarnir, which is from the Icelandic Bible, a Psalm about God calling all his people. Then after that, you've got songs about a soul making its way towards God, until you get to "Behind the mask you'll find yourself alone/it's not the end of the road for you."

(Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but that's what I got out of it)

Not incredible enough to merit a 10 (which I will probably never give to any album), but definitely a 9.
~A good friend of mine
"Hail! Hail! Hail! Hail! Hail..."
~Coheed and Cambria, The End Complete V: On the Brink
Tale of the Nine: my Songwriting project!
"Tails flies away, but the Link hookshots him, beats him with the magic hammer, boomerangs him in the head, bombs him, freezes him and then lights him on fire, creates blocks to through at him, shoots him with arrows, and then whacks him with the master sword. That's one heck of a bat belt that Link has there. Link advances." (From the Video Game Showdown)
+SEAL+ is offline   Reply With Quote