7 3 7.50%
8 3 7.50%
9 6 15.00%
10 23 57.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-28-2007, 03:50 PM   #46
"represent, GET CRUNK!!"

no no....i hear ya... yeah, (on the contrary) Tim is the MOST technical guitar player i know...the riffs that he plays in this album are crazy, I mean....clever. James is more just backround guitar....Im not saying he sucks...lol, he awesome, just not as good as Tim and about the fact that he isn't hard core, well if you've seen he in the video that came with the cd youd know what i mean. He's just kinna weird....???

although i am a crazy underoath fan............i have never seen them in concert.... ....but i've got the money when ever they come around here!!!

I've got no money, no car, no job... but I'm in a BAND!!

"Life is wasted if we do not grasp the glory of the cross, cherish it for the treasure that it is, and cleave to it as the highest price of every pleasure and the deepest comfort in every pain." -John Piper

What are you listening to right now?
|)rink)v(tn|)ew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 02-28-2007, 04:40 PM   #47

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by |)rink)v(tn|)ew View Post
no no....i hear ya... yeah, (on the contrary) Tim is the MOST technical guitar player i know...the riffs that he plays in this album are crazy, I mean....clever. James is more just backround guitar....Im not saying he sucks...lol, he awesome, just not as good as Tim and about the fact that he isn't hard core, well if you've seen he in the video that came with the cd youd know what i mean. He's just kinna weird....???

although i am a crazy underoath fan............i have never seen them in concert.... ....but i've got the money when ever they come around here!!!
Ok man, no offense, but you must know next to none guitarists then. Tim is by no means the most technical player, not being cocky, he just isn't. And i know you said that YOU know of, so i'm not attacking you.
I could give you a list of a LOT more technical guitar players or all sorts of music.

And what do you mean James is weird? They're all weird, all weird and funny. I have watched the dvd, i loved it, those guys are so awesome and funny. But judging by that video, the "weirdest" or, as i would like to say, 'funniest' is Tim.
Of peace on earth, good will to men."

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
“God is not dead, nor does He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With peace on earth, good will to men.”

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
earlessdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2007, 08:02 PM   #48
Firefox enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlessdog View Post
Ok man, no offense, but you must know next to none guitarists then. Tim is by no means the most technical player, not being cocky, he just isn't. And i know you said that YOU know of, so i'm not attacking you.
I could give you a list of a LOT more technical guitar players or all sorts of music.

And what do you mean James is weird? They're all weird, all weird and funny. I have watched the dvd, i loved it, those guys are so awesome and funny. But judging by that video, the "weirdest" or, as i would like to say, 'funniest' is Tim.
You're right, earless. Can I call you earless? Is there a widely accepted abbreviation? Just wonderin'. Tim is good, but I've heard crazier, and yeah, he's totally nuts (which is completely cool with me).
Mr. claw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2007, 08:08 PM   #49
Just said something

Send a message via MSN to ice_wiz
Tim wasn't meant to be nuts. His guitar playing on Define the Great Line was supposed to be quick and heavy.

Has anyone noticed him using these chords over and over on the CD?

---
-6-
-9-
---
---
---

---
---
---
-3-
-7-
---
Unread 02-28-2007, 08:21 PM   #50
Firefox enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_wiz View Post
Tim wasn't meant to be nuts. His guitar playing on Define the Great Line was supposed to be quick and heavy.
Haha, no, no, no, man, I was talking about his behavior in general . His guitar was perfect, as far as I'm concerned. Not that I understand any of that stuff.....I'm a drummer. I know that's not neccessarily the best excuse, but I don't understand an ounce of it.
Unread 02-28-2007, 08:24 PM   #51

Quote:

Has anyone noticed him using these chords over and over on the CD?

---
-6-
-9-
---
---
---

---
---
---
-3-
-7-
---
Yeah, I noticed those. Norma Jean has been using those for much longer. Tim is seriously though one of the craziest live guitarists I've ever seen.
Unread 02-28-2007, 08:47 PM   #52
"represent, GET CRUNK!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlessdog View Post

oh no dawg, none taken.

I guess the closest guitar player that comes close is....Ben from skillet. he is also very good with solos. then i like abunch of others LIKE norma jean's guitars and Demon hunter's and OH!!.... Becoming the archetype....

but for me My FAV is Tim....just my personal opinion...lol

and when i say weird...uh well.....i quote, kinna, "when this album goes quad. platium, i'll have my own dressing private dressing room...decked out to a 'theme' which will be different everyday....one day will be 'toy birthday party day'...everyday ten people dressed up as clowns will come in and sing me happy b-day beofre i go out and play...."....!!!!???

I mean come on.... i know its just a joke but seriously it's kinna wierd....i'm all for being random and stupid but that just is....wierd???

"Life is wasted if we do not grasp the glory of the cross, cherish it for the treasure that it is, and cleave to it as the highest price of every pleasure and the deepest comfort in every pain." -John Piper

Unread 02-28-2007, 09:04 PM   #53
Firefox enlightened

Quote:

and when i say weird...uh well.....i quote, kinna, "when this album goes quad. platium, i'll have my own dressing private dressing room...decked out to a 'theme' which will be different everyday....one day will be 'toy birthday party day'...everyday ten people dressed up as clowns will come in and sing me happy b-day beofre i go out and play...."....!!!!???

I mean come on.... i know its just a joke but seriously it's kinna wierd....i'm all for being random and stupid but that just is....wierd???
That was hilarious. Beyond reason. I know it's obvious, but come on, they sing him happy B-day everyday...and it's only his b-day once a year. There's nothing better than going through the drive thru at some restaurant and responding to their usual, "Have a nice day", with "happy birthday!". Try it. I bet you absolutely nothing they'll laugh.

"You said , 'Erector set'." "Dude! Erector sets are bad as crap!"

James is cool.
Unread 02-28-2007, 10:36 PM   #54

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. claw View Post
You're right, earless. Can I call you earless? Is there a widely accepted abbreviation? Just wonderin'. Tim is good, but I've heard crazier, and yeah, he's totally nuts (which is completely cool with me).
yeah man, earless is a common name for me on here, I actually prefer it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaukal View Post
Yeah, I noticed those. Norma Jean has been using those for much longer. Tim is seriously though one of the craziest live guitarists I've ever seen.
he wasn't that crazy when i saw him, the guys from story of the year were really nuts . . .
Quote:
oh no dawg, none taken.

I guess the closest guitar player that comes close is....Ben from skillet. he is also very good with solos. then i like abunch of others LIKE norma jean's guitars and Demon hunter's and OH!!.... Becoming the archetype....

but for me My FAV is Tim....just my personal opinion...lol

He was just joking around man, he was totally making it up as he went along. If you think that is weird, you would be pretty shocked if you ever met me.

and i don't really get how you said Tim was the most technical guitarist you know of, and yet you know of the guys from Becoming The Archetype, those guys, at the moment, are by far some of the most technical guitarist in the Christian music industry. They, in technicality terms, wipe Tim out completely.
But everyone is there own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. claw View Post
That was hilarious. Beyond reason. I know it's obvious, but come on, they sing him happy B-day everyday...and it's only his b-day once a year. There's nothing better than going through the drive thru at some restaurant and responding to their usual, "Have a nice day", with "happy birthday!". Try it. I bet you absolutely nothing they'll laugh.

"You said , 'Erector set'." "Dude! Erector sets are bad as crap!"

James is cool.
exactly.
Of peace on earth, good will to men."

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
“God is not dead, nor does He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With peace on earth, good will to men.”

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
earlessdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2007, 12:55 AM   #55
"represent, GET CRUNK!!"

lol....i guess your right, i just like him ok?....lol....yeah i also agree with you about becoming the archetype too... they have awesome riffs....

anyways, the showdown has some pretty good guitarists too.

The thing i love about Tim's style on this cd is when he does like the
---0 or the----0 or I LOVE the riff in the second breakdown in Returning
---4 ----6 empty handed!.....just awesome

and yeah....we all have different styles and heroes...Tim is mine,

Frik! I want to see them SO bad!

Oh and don't get me wrong!....It's not like i dont have a sence of humor....lol

Last edited by |)rink)v(tn|)ew; 03-01-2007 at 01:23 AM.
Unread 03-01-2007, 05:41 AM   #56

Tim is my favorite too man, even though there are more "technical" guitarists out there, he is just really cool.
tl_guitarnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2007, 06:32 PM   #57
Keep cool my babies

Send a message via AIM to conceived in fire
A 7 for me. This album got way too much hype for the overall quality. It's pretty unstructured/random, and these chords:
Quote:
---
-6-
-9-
---
---
---

---
---
---
-3-
-7-
---
followed by heavy strums of the lower strings seem to fill every song. I know it was actually worse, but I liked They're Only Chasing Safety more (though not by much). Still has a couple of good songs though

conceived in fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2007, 06:35 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by conceived in fire View Post
A 7 for me. This album got way too much hype for the overall quality. It's pretty unstructured/random, and these chords:

followed by heavy strums of the lower strings seem to fill every song. I know it was actually worse, but I liked They're Only Chasing Safety more (though not by much). Still has a couple of good songs though
It's your opinion and everything, but the fact that it was less structured and more random and crazy was what wet it apart from the generic screamo that "Chasing Safety" was.
Unread 04-24-2007, 01:28 PM   #59
Christsyde Guitarist

Send a message via AIM to Dreadsk8er
So where does the music begin on this CD? Mine must have gliched, because all I have is 11 filler tracks of noise
Dreadsk8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2007, 01:30 PM   #60
Firefox enlightened

Was your copy burnt?