9 6 15.00%
10 23 57.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-06-2006, 07:15 PM   #16
is back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by the crossing View Post
hey!!!!!!!! thats harsh!!!!! your lucky i live in NZ or i would fly over and pound you!!!!!!! (joking of course!) im gonna cry though! thats like the 1st person ive heard that doesnt like it!
I didnt really like it that much either.No where near as good as any of their other cds.

I'll spend a lifetime right by your side
Cause you're the one I dreamed about
Inked in Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 11-06-2006, 07:18 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inked in Blood View Post
I didnt really like it that much either.No where near as good as any of their other cds.
Seriously? Changing of the Times had no variety and Chasing Safety was just bland and boring screamo. The old albums are great, but you can't really compare this album with them. They're much too different.
Unread 11-06-2006, 07:58 PM   #18
Ax
Rabid Wombat

I really only liked one song on it. The rest just seemed like they lost their mojo.

AXimus AXamillion AXington
First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Public Blog

Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2006, 08:20 PM   #19
is back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXguitar View Post
I really only liked one song on it. The rest just seemed like they lost their mojo.
I only really liked I think the first song.The one that had a Norma Jean feel to it.
I'll spend a lifetime right by your side
Cause you're the one I dreamed about
Inked in Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2006, 08:47 PM   #20

Quote:
I only really liked I think the first song.The one that had a Norma Jean feel to it.
Oh, wow, I wasn't the only one who noticed that. That's cool. I really liked the whole album tons.
Unread 11-06-2006, 09:13 PM   #21
Ba da ba ba ba

I think this is the best thing they've done with either lineup.
Kenny C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2006, 09:20 PM   #22

changing of times was good! but it wasnt the greatest. to be honest i felt it had no feel. chassing saftey was great but it was still missing something.
Define the great line is soo different its almost old and new underoath. its got a diferent texture a more epic feel to it. its not an album you could like straight off the bat with insainly catchy songs. but its got this big feel to it that i cant explain. In regards to myself is a flippin awesome song the intro is just so in your face!
I have never heard an album like it! i love salaminr as well its so cool psalm 50 in icelandic!
and the intro to every one looks so good from up here is just phenominal in its own right! aaron gillespie is the man on drums!
i cant really have a fave song because they are all good!
the crossing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2006, 10:19 AM   #23
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
I liked Writing on the Walls, it, to me, was the only song with even a remotely UO feel to it...

AXimus AXamillion AXington
First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Public Blog

Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2006, 10:32 AM   #24
Are you who you wanna be?

Send a message via AIM to SwitchfootRulz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny C. View Post
I think this is the best thing they've done with either lineup.
I agree, although I haven't heard a few songs off of AoD or CotP.
SwitchfootRulz! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2006, 02:16 PM   #25
A simple guy

Underoaths most mature work I'd say. I love "In Regards To Self" and "Returning Empty Handed".
Adam K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2006, 10:09 PM   #26
sk8lifer

Send a message via AIM to underoath24 Send a message via MSN to underoath24 Send a message via Yahoo to underoath24
Ok. This is an AMAZING CD. dont get me wrong. But, it seemed almost like having aaron do less vocals and having all the instrumentals was just a cop out. But, lyriclly, it was better. And the deeper screaming was also a nice touch. I also (though i dont know why) feel that ALL the songs run together and sounded the same (although i love them all) SO! my final suggestion is BUY THIS CD! and get theyre only chasing safety, which was about the same (maybe a tab better
lets name a few, shall we?:kids in the way, eleventyseven, nevertheless, flatffot 56, until june, mortal treason, staple, subseven,chasing victory, gasoline heart,house of heroes, last tuesday, the showdown, the almost, maylene and the sons of disaster, relient k, falling for yesterday, michigan wednesday, edison glass, anberlin, the classic crime, dead poetic, discover america, EMERY, farless, FM static, the fold, further seems forever, hawk nelson, jonzetta, the lonely hearts, mae, mewithoutYou, number one gun, project 86, run kid run, showbread, sullivan, UNDEROATH, as cities burn, august burns red, becoming the archtype, destroy the runner, haste the day, inhale exhale, norma jean, the chariot, twelve gauge valentine, extol. mxpx. hundred year storm, the devil wears prada, forever changed, american generals, schmunks for you, common heroes, Falling for Yesterday, My Band "Hung by the Stars" anyone on tooth and nail, solidstate and others, pensive, the paradox! yay!
underoath24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2006, 10:10 PM   #27
sk8lifer

Send a message via AIM to underoath24 Send a message via MSN to underoath24 Send a message via Yahoo to underoath24
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXguitar View Post
I liked Writing on the Walls, it, to me, was the only song with even a remotely UO feel to it...
Yeah thats true.
lets name a few, shall we?:kids in the way, eleventyseven, nevertheless, flatffot 56, until june, mortal treason, staple, subseven,chasing victory, gasoline heart,house of heroes, last tuesday, the showdown, the almost, maylene and the sons of disaster, relient k, falling for yesterday, michigan wednesday, edison glass, anberlin, the classic crime, dead poetic, discover america, EMERY, farless, FM static, the fold, further seems forever, hawk nelson, jonzetta, the lonely hearts, mae, mewithoutYou, number one gun, project 86, run kid run, showbread, sullivan, UNDEROATH, as cities burn, august burns red, becoming the archtype, destroy the runner, haste the day, inhale exhale, norma jean, the chariot, twelve gauge valentine, extol. mxpx. hundred year storm, the devil wears prada, forever changed, american generals, schmunks for you, common heroes, Falling for Yesterday, My Band "Hung by the Stars" anyone on tooth and nail, solidstate and others, pensive, the paradox! yay!
Unread 11-22-2006, 10:12 PM   #28
sk8lifer

Quote:
Dude. i dont know. Maybe, Norma Jean is sorta more all of the place. More Mathcore. But yeah, I guess a little.

To whom is may concern didnt quite meet the standards of their other hymn (kinda) some will seek forgiveness, others escape, but it was still a good song. once you got past the 20 minute instrumental intro.
Unread 12-01-2006, 09:10 AM   #29
Rocks for Christ!

UnderOath is amazing the first song I heard by them was "Reinventing Your Exit" and that was acouple of years ago and I never really checked them out until I heard "Writting on the walls" and just yeah I never like screamo until I heard Spencers scream and now I'm into Scream, hardcore bands, "Regards To Myself" blew me away the vocals and guitar just I learned how to play it but it took me 3 months to figur it out, I give it a 10!
Unread 01-24-2007, 12:27 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by underoath24 View Post
Maybe, Norma Jean is sorta more all of the place. More Mathcore.
Norma Jean isnt close to being mathcore.

I was thinking that UO would kind of go in the direction they did after hearing "I have 10 friends and a crowbar...". I really think that song should have gone on DTGL. Overall it was a step up from TOCS but alot of the songs were similar to each other (in fact i heard the same riff on two songs ) but overall good listen. Reminded of ETID a little bit.
guitarwannabe16 is offline   Reply With Quote