Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Vocals & Other Instruments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-12-2004, 07:24 PM   #46

hey, i'm new 2 the harp 2. I'm not that good, but as a guitar player, naturally i try 2 write songs. I've got a bunch of blues style riffs, and i play a bunch of classic rock songs. An awesome site for aspiring harp players is www.harmonicaclub.com

guitarflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-19-2004, 02:04 AM   #47
in a nutshell

Send a message via MSN to drummergirl_amy
i love the harmonica. its really different and pretty easy to play. i just play kids songs lol and a few songs that i hear i just listen and play them by ear. my favourite is oh suzannah. you get the bass drum going at the same time and it sounds awesum !!!! i have 2 harmonicas one diatonic and one chromatic. my diatonic is in the key of C and it has 10 holes. its my baby lol. im intrested in how you guys learn to play rock songs. any advice?/??

I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME!!!

Fully
Relient
On
God

Im falling out, of grace with the world they say I've lost my midas touch what turns to gold now turns to rust - relient k
drummergirl_amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2004, 09:55 AM   #48

Great to hear there are more harp players out there. Some books may help, like I have one called 60 HOT LICKS FOR MARMONICA, by Lonne Joe Howell from Mel Bay publications. It has some cool stuff, but I just fake it! If it is something that I am trying to do just like the recording, then I practice, but for just jamming I try to duplicate certain artists or songs that I have heard. That is another thing, you have to listen to the harp being played. After you have mastered the harp it gets easier to "hear" how a certain lick is done... so I have heard.
It all boils done to this practice, practice, practice. Jam when ever you can get another musician, and teach someone else what you know so far...you will be amazed what you know already.
-ramble over-

Jeff
ElJefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2008, 11:04 AM   #49
Jamming with the Lamb

Harmonica thread, come forth!

Slow day at work, felt the need to chime in on this long, long silent thread.

I started my learning of the harmonica this year with a Hohner Special 20 Marine Band. Using harmonicalessons.com, davegage.com and harmonicaclub.com to get me started, and then getting loads of tabs from harptabs.com to find more stuff to play, it has been fun. I am certainly not ready to join a band with it, nor do I have any specific plans for it, except to just have fun.

On Christmas Day, my wife's family has asked me to play them a song or three. The mother-in-laws gift to me this year is a Lee Oskar in G that I picked out with her money.

I also picked up a Lee Oskar in C. I gotta say, I like the LO's over the Special 20. The sound is brighter and cleaner.

Lotsa different instruments
caeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2008, 09:38 PM   #50
Jamming with the Lamb

For the record, Christmas carols sound awesome on a G-diatonic Harmonica.

Lotsa different instruments
caeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2011, 01:41 AM   #51

i'm playing tremolo harmonica
Theodora is offline   Reply With Quote