Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-14-2006, 10:38 AM   #1
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
New strings on the way

My mom's picking up two sets of Light Elixir Nanoweb strings for me today, so I'm finally gonna get a string change... I've been wanting one for so long. I've had these for like, four months. Can't wait!

Donate blood and save up to three lives! Skeptical or curious about the facts? Please click here and find out from the experts!
DaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 06-14-2006, 11:54 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to thomaspg70
thomaspg70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2006, 12:38 PM   #3

i wouldn't let my mom buy my strings...
I've never been this cold, The fire's gravity compels,Like planets cling to Sol, I feel my orbit start to fail,Like moths to flame I come, Too close and all my oaths are burned. As stars begin to run, All my accusers take their turn,And calling curses down.From my lips lies like poison spill,And then that awful sound, The sound of prophesy fulfilled,And then I met your eyes, And I remember everything,And something in me dies, The night that I betrayed my king...
omensixaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2006, 01:03 PM   #4
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by omensixaxe View Post
i wouldn't let my mom buy my strings...

I told her exactly what to buy (Wrote it down, heh), then she called me from there to make sure, so I'm pretty sure she got what I wanted

Donate blood and save up to three lives! Skeptical or curious about the facts? Please click here and find out from the experts!
Unread 06-14-2006, 01:20 PM   #5
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
Yup, she grabbed what I wanted

Now for the whole re-stringing... This is one of the least desirable tasks there is, I'm sure of it.

Unread 06-14-2006, 01:29 PM   #6
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
Ugh. Okay. She didn't grab what I wanted. I wondered why the package was blue...

So, yeah, now I have to wait for her to go to the store again... She grabbed the electric guitar strings, lol, which doesn't help me much . So... At least I'd only taken the high E string off, so I can still play

Unread 06-14-2006, 01:33 PM   #7
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
On another note, my string pegs are stuck. VERY, very tightly stuck. How should I get them out? Due to my awesome sound-hole location, that's not really viable, and I don't want to damage the bridge or the saddle. Help?

Unread 06-14-2006, 01:58 PM   #8
Arnold Palmers FTW

Send a message via AIM to jamforchrist123 Send a message via Skype™ to jamforchrist123
At my guitar store nanowebs were $27
jamforchrist123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2006, 03:34 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGeek View Post
On another note, my string pegs are stuck. VERY, very tightly stuck. How should I get them out? Due to my awesome sound-hole location, that's not really viable, and I don't want to damage the bridge or the saddle. Help?
there's a tool that Dunlop makes here. that's what I use when my bridge pins are stuck...either that for i'm very gentle with my wire cutters.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2006, 03:36 PM   #10
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
there's a tool that Dunlop makes here. that's what I use when my bridge pins are stuck...either that for i'm very gentle with my wire cutters.
I actually have one of those, but the pins are wedged in so far (Not purposely) that that tool can not get under them enough to get a grip.

Unread 06-14-2006, 04:06 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to elijah77jc Send a message via MSN to elijah77jc Send a message via Yahoo to elijah77jc
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamforchrist123 View Post
At my guitar store nanowebs were $27

were you looking at the twelve string sets??
Unread 06-14-2006, 04:07 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGeek View Post
Ugh. Okay. She didn't grab what I wanted. I wondered why the package was blue...

So, yeah, now I have to wait for her to go to the store again... She grabbed the electric guitar strings, lol, which doesn't help me much . So... At least I'd only taken the high E string off, so I can still play
Exactly. My mother couldn't find the strings I use if I gave her written and active verbal directions, along with a picture. Why are you so reliant on her to do it for you? Just go with her...
I've never been this cold, The fire's gravity compels,Like planets cling to Sol, I feel my orbit start to fail,Like moths to flame I come, Too close and all my oaths are burned. As stars begin to run, All my accusers take their turn,And calling curses down.From my lips lies like poison spill,And then that awful sound, The sound of prophesy fulfilled,And then I met your eyes, And I remember everything,And something in me dies, The night that I betrayed my king...
omensixaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2006, 06:40 PM   #13
I'm on a horse.

Send a message via AIM to Rainer.
I had my sis get me strings once. I just wrote down exactly what I wanted, and told her to just show the paper to whoever was there. I got what I wanted, so it was all good.

Rainer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2006, 08:36 PM   #14
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by omensixaxe View Post
Exactly. My mother couldn't find the strings I use if I gave her written and active verbal directions, along with a picture. Why are you so reliant on her to do it for you? Just go with her...

She was going out; I wasn't invited. She was gonna be near the music store . I can't see any other way I'd have been able to go soon, so at least we've gotta go back to return 'em, and I am going this time, whenever that is

Unread 06-14-2006, 08:44 PM   #15

Send a message via AIM to samkim108 Send a message via Skype™ to samkim108
i use to use Elixers but i use D'adarios EXP 16...to me i think they sound a lot better. They have a warmer tone
samkim108 is offline   Reply With Quote