Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Community > CGR Members' Art, Music & Literature
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-08-2006, 10:19 PM   #1
Elationist

"God commands all men everywhere to repent!"

And when did we decide it was only a suggestion?

Yes, there are ways to not add to the offense of the Gospel. We are called to preach in season and out of season.

I am starting this thread because I work sometimes in a "Christian" environment and today when I got to one job, people were humming with "Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was killed"--and--"they even showed his dead body"--etc...

Almost and even sometimes it seemed to be exciting to some. I felt very strange about it and decided to get involved in the discussion...since they were like, "Did you hear?!"

Anyhow, I guess I changed the subject to one where my wife one time called me to her mother's where a black widow [approximately the size of a quarter] had made its home in one of the flaps of one of the garage boxes. She was freaking out and got a can of Wasp & Hornet killer spray. She read the instructions and stood several feet away and while even looking at the black widow, nest and all; so she sprayed it till most of the can was gone and decided, that it was dead.

But I said, "Yeah right, I need to see the body to believe."

I pulled up to the garage and lifted the flap on the box and - - - - yikes! It was there still all alive and hiding perfectly behind its amazing web. It appears that the spider has such an intricate web that liquids...(from enough feet away, even with those poisons that are very deadly) even these are repelled by it! The spider was alive and well (maybe w/ only a headache).

So I quickly killed it with my boot and took its body to my wife (girlfriend at the time) and she freaked out but understood that even if you kill something and don't see the autopsy and the report, it might not be dead.

Then at this point, to my co-workers I said, "That's why you and I are who we are. There was no body found in the tomb." And we reflected that while we can pull up some guy from way further back, beyond the period of Christ Jesus' day, and exhume and examine his or her body, we cannot Christ's. Because His tomb was empty and still is! He is the Risen Lord and King who even now motivates us to live submitted to Him and to tell others and be His witnesses to the ends of the world. And that we shall do. It's not a suggestion nor something to weird each other out over; we are called to love our neighbor, ask God to bless them trusting Him for it and together "Go and serve our King."

I do not glory that "Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was killed", my heart aches and prays for the millions of others who do not know Him! NO! God, please wake us up and help us help them not to slip into a Christless eternity!

Are we anti-Semites or anti-Muslim or anti-lost!? Why not share the gospel with the Jew, with the Muslim and with all these lost!? This is what we must do. We must be about our Father's business. "There is no other name given among men by which we must be saved."

Pay attention: Acts 10:42 (NASB) 42 "And He ordered us to preach to the people, and solemnly to testify that this is the One who has been appointed by God as Judge of the living and the dead."

Wake up--wake others!: Acts 17:31 (NIV) "For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead."

Born again? Why? For your own sake? If we truly love the lost dying world, Christ's love pouring through us, we must all live out that it is not a suggestion, "God commands all men everywhere to repent and believe in the Gospel!" This should continuously excite us more than anything in the whole world of things.

While I was writing this, a very beloved friend of mine whom I used to drug with and live with, steal with, and fight and drink and many other things rebellious things with--I thought she was dead by now by the lifestyles we had---She called me (now about 8 years later) and said, "I just found your brother's phone number and he gave me yours! I can't believe it! Praise God! You are saved?! Your brother Joel said you were saved! Me too! I have been through so much: crystal meth and other addictions, prostitutions and mental homes in lockdown and arrest. My little brother shot and killed himself. But God heard my prayers and you are saved! Thank God He has saved us. And I too am married! I am married to a wonderful Christian man." Just minutes ago--tonight she called and this is what it is about my brothers and sisters. Only this true God we share shed His sinless blood for forgiveness of sins. Only He saves.

Don't buy the lies. Don't do it. If you are and have bought into lies, repent and forsake them. "He that seeks to save his life will lose it; but he who forsakes their life for Me [Jesus] and the sake of the Gospel shall find it." Mark 8:35

Christ is alive and we are His body and you can find it doing as the Head does. If God is in you, seek to save that which was lost.

1 Corinthians 9:16 (KJV) For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!

TOOLS to use for your study in Q & A --www.bible.gospelcom.net [35 lang. with 50 versions];www.blueletterbible.org [Hebrew & Greek Lexicon];www.onelook.com; www.ask.com And get a real hard back Concordance on your desk, I find it's faster and easier than the online ones.

Study Evangelism FREE: www.WayOfTheMaster.com PM me and let me know what you think about this. P.S. Thank you to those of you who have been responding!

NEW!

Last edited by Elationist; 06-09-2006 at 03:45 AM. Reason: choice of words
Elationist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 06-09-2006, 07:29 AM   #2
is engaged

Send a message via AIM to domnastics Send a message via MSN to domnastics
If you're just testing out sermonettes on us first, I'll give this one my approval. It deserves and AMEN!
Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ. Because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone that believes.
My blog
domnastics is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2006, 10:31 AM   #3
Gone Golfing

If you are going to preach to me tell me about Christ, His person and His work.
Unread 06-09-2006, 10:39 AM   #4
Tired of being attacked

Moved to devotionals.

My Life.
BillSPrestonEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2006, 02:32 PM   #5
Elationist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlqurgw
If you are going to preach to me tell me about Christ, His person and His work.
Thank you for reading some if not all of this. Did you miss Christ in this?

1 Corinthians 9:16 (KJV) For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!

TOOLS to use for your study in Q & A --www.bible.gospelcom.net [35 lang. with 50 versions];www.blueletterbible.org [Hebrew & Greek Lexicon];www.onelook.com; www.ask.com And get a real hard back Concordance on your desk, I find it's faster and easier than the online ones.

Study Evangelism FREE: www.WayOfTheMaster.com PM me and let me know what you think about this. P.S. Thank you to those of you who have been responding!

NEW!
Unread 06-09-2006, 02:52 PM   #6
Elationist

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSPrestonEsq
Moved to devotionals.
Thank you for moderating.

NEW!
Unread 06-10-2006, 11:14 AM   #7
David P.

I didn't
relient nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2006, 07:36 PM   #8
Elationist

Thanks Relient Nelson.

Rock on! I really could write something almost every week. So many awesome things are always happening and I would love to share them in a journal form. I guess that's what this section's all about huh? I have from time to time, read other's writings here and as a writer, I could try to shine a little with these folks here.

NEW!
Unread 07-26-2006, 09:48 AM   #9
Elationist

So...

So I am talking with the man yesterday who is getting my inspection sticker for me, his name is Roger. We are somehow on the topic of church and he says, "Yeah I am a backslider". I always knew there was something about this guy, he seems to dodge the ball quite a lot when I had spoken with him in the past.

So I told him [Roger] this: "You know the thing about being Christian for me is how hard it is to get scripture to people these says."

So I reflected on how just a couple of days ago, my wife and I were at Wal-Mart and when we approached the young lady at the check out, she was barely standing straight and seemed bored. I noticed she had on 2 shirts, one long sleeved and the other hiding (black t-shirt with white words across it) and her Wal-Mart smock. So being the nut I am I smiled and said, "What's your shirt say?" She looked around and opened it briefly to reveal the t-shirt saying: "You big people don't get us little people, so back up". I pointed out that my wife who is the same height as this young lady "could use that shirt" And we all 3 chuckled and she smiled. I then asked her, "Why are you covering it up?" She laughed and said, "Sometimes people get offended so I cover it up."

Now, this whole time I was looking for the right opportunity to give her a scripture card. I was reaching in my wallet to pay and holding one of my many assorted pass it on scripture cards [1 Peter 5:7 which also reads, "If It Matters To You, it Matters To Him"] and concealing it with my bank card.

So as I handed it to her smiling, I said, "Yeah I know what you mean, people sometimes get offended when I give them one of these." And then I said, "But you're not offended, right?" And she looked stunned at first and then said, "No, I am not." And she stuck it right on her register to display it.

Remember now, I am telling this true story to [Roger] . So guess what I did when I told him about handing her the scripture card? That's right! I gave him one that read, "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1" He looked at me with surprise and said< "Wow, thank you. I am going to put this right here next to my grand daughter. Everyone needs a good word from the Lord." And he stuck the pass it on card with scotch tape up next to a picture of his grand daughter!

Yes, it is that easy and lots of fun! I hope this inspires you to keeo sharing God's word with others...they are hungry and in dying need of even a small cold cup of water. I use these cards when I give the tip to waiters and waitresses. I don't waste time and get the ones that say things like, "Have a Nice Day" or something ridiculous, I use only the ones with God's real written word on them, also ones that are in correct context. I but about 20 or more and have 2-3 of each and keep them and tracts and my Bible ready and I also continue to commit scripture to memory. Just an idea for you.

God uses me nearly every single day and I am so excited about seeing others come to know Him through repentance and faith.

NEW!
Unread 08-18-2006, 08:38 PM   #10
Elationist

Hello

August 18, 2006

I am listening to Ray Comfort Biblical School of Evangelism.

Check this out from the Amplified Version Bible: Romans 7 (AMP) 5 When we were living in the flesh (mere physical lives), the sinful passions that were awakened and aroused up by [what] the Law [makes sin] were constantly operating in our natural powers (in our bodily organs, in the sensitive appetites and wills of the flesh), so that we bore fruit for death.

And especially verse 8....:8 But sin, finding opportunity in the commandment [to express itself], got a hold on me and aroused and stimulated all kinds of forbidden desires (lust, covetousness). For without the Law sin is dead [the sense of it is inactive and a lifeless thing].

Yow! So what shows the person in sin the value that God went through on the Cross, what God gave to make things right because they have trangressed His perfection? The Law of the Lord!

Romans 5:20 (AMP) 20 But then Law came in, [only] to expand and increase the trespass [making it more apparent and exciting opposition]. But where sin increased and abounded, grace (God's unmerited favor) has surpassed it and increased the more and superabounded,

The Holy Spirit does all the convicting! Our job is to share the whole counsel of God's Gospel! Law to the proud, grace to the humble...that is the Master's principle, not some method. We should each use his or her own personality but use the principle that Christ clearly demonstrated in Evangelism.

John 16:7-9 (NIV) 7 But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8 When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me;

I used the law to proud and grace to the humble principle last night at Taco Bell [Jacksonville, TX] with one of my key students (the new teacher of the youth group I was teaching) while he stood there and watched me witness to his friend he had gone to school with but was ashamed [he admitted] to share Christ with! Praise God that He moved me to the point of truth with the young black student (19 yr old). We're not playing games! He prayed while I shared!

KEY: Psalm 19:7-8 (AMP) 7 The law of the Lord is perfect, restoring the [whole] person; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

8 The precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the Lord is pure and bright, enlightening the eyes.

Enlightening the eyes is the conscience of the soul!

The KJV says Ps 19:7a "The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul"

Converting the soul!
Any questions?

NEW!