Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-09-2006, 09:47 PM   #16
gg7
retired from CGR. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKinWI
What is GC?? What is involved in a set up? I have changed strings before -that's about it.
Amy
gc = guitar center

setup is basically just checking and making adjustments to the following things if needed:

truss rod, string nut, frets, saddles (there are 2 different adjustments there, one for intonation and the other for string height). adjusting the saddle on an acoustic is more difficult than with electrics usually. with acoustics you have to actually shape them with sand paper, etc.
yes, pretty much anyone can learn to set up a guitar. everyone can't do a good job at it though. at least not until you have real experience doing it. plus some are just more mechanically inclined than others.

Unread 05-09-2006, 10:18 PM   #17
Pearl plays her guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKinWI
No - the guitar I am looking at is not that expensive. It's $600 or so at the music store, $350 on MF- it's an Ibanez AE - I have an Ibanez acoustic now I'm happy with - so I stuck with that brand... my budget is pretty limited right now.
Even better - it's over 40% off and likely no tax, so a very good savings. Like I said, if other sellers have the guitar and you show them MF's price, I'd say you could save at least another $10. And...there's always used!

Check this guy out:
http://www.dougdoppler.com/
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2006, 06:06 AM   #18

If you have a guitar center in your area they will match Musicians Friend or beat it if not already.

And most of the guitar places in my area over price their guitars. My acoustic I bought was priced $299 at a local music store. Musicians friend $149.00. The music store matched the price.
Amps - Tech21 PE60
Leviathon is offline   Reply With Quote