Ampeg 1 2.27%
Austin 1 2.27%
other(please name) 31 70.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-16-2002, 07:48 PM   #16
My name is really Zebulon

Send a message via AIM to Bassman1185 Send a message via Yahoo to Bassman1185
(death metal scream on) AUSTINS SUCK!!!!! (normal voice on) They really are bad. You might want to check out Copley basses. I've been hearing a lot of good stuff about them. their website is Copleyguitars.com. They're on Ebay for $300ish.

Unread 05-16-2002, 09:11 PM   #17

Yamaha makes good beginner basses. And good pro basses for that matter.

Of the brands you list Ibanez is best, but (although they do have some high end basses) you don't often hear bass players talking about how they wished they could own an Ibanez.

I don't think I've even heard of Austin (perhaps it's never made it out to Australia).

There is no single best brand though, it's a matter of individual taste, and what type of music you'll be playing. A (Fender) Jazz style bass probably covers the widest range of genres and tones.

Go into some stores and try out whatever brands and models are in your price range, then pick the one you like best.

N.ô
N.tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2002, 06:03 PM   #18
mwuhahahahahahahahahaha!

Talking Me i go for!

i'll go for a Fender american deluxe p-bass
it makes my mouth water :kduh: , i like ummm.. fender stuff but they all look the same. i'll go for exotice basses coz they look bad like; alembic, modulus, roscoe!# 1:ksmile: and others.
mang_akong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2002, 07:14 PM   #19
Guitar geek

Send a message via AIM to BowoW
yes.. the american deluxe p-bass is extremely nice.. the person who plays bass for the adult ministry plays one of those connected to a swr super red-head.. so u can guess how good it sounds

i love the sounds of a p-bass.. as the bassist from green day would say ' they're the ultimate basses for me'. the part i didn't like about the p-bass.. was the lack of controls to change your sound.. but the deluxe covers it all

-jamie

"I am a man who has told you the truth which I heard from God.. But because I speak the truth, you don't believe me" - John 8:40;45
BowoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2002, 07:21 PM   #20
mwuhahahahahahahahahaha!

Question humm..

well of course it'll sound good! if you just look at it's pick-ups, it'll punch off your head right off your neck on to the floor. blood squirting out from your neck. j/k but it has a phat pick up.
mang_akong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2002, 07:30 PM   #21
Guitar geek

Send a message via AIM to BowoW
Re: humm..

Quote:
Originally posted by mang_akong
if you just look at it's pick-ups, it'll punch off your head right off your neck on to the floor. blood squirting out from your neck.
i don't want that bass anymore... *covers eyes*

very groosome.. but yea, i get your point

yea, it's a nice humbucker.

-jamie

"I am a man who has told you the truth which I heard from God.. But because I speak the truth, you don't believe me" - John 8:40;45
BowoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2002, 10:54 AM   #22

I started on an Alvarez 200, which is still a good bass. I moved on to play a Fender P-bass. That's the best I have played so far, but I would like to play a Tobias, I hear that they are awsome.
escaperoute is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2002, 11:00 AM   #23
Unregistered

Squier would definitely be the best bass ever made. Fender really knows what they are doing. The pickups are awesome, the paint finish can't be beat, they are played by the most amazing bass players in the world, and the sound will blow you away. The price is amazing as well.
Unread 06-03-2002, 03:16 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Squier would definitely be the best bass ever made. Fender really knows what they are doing. The pickups are awesome, the paint finish can't be beat, they are played by the most amazing bass players in the world, and the sound will blow you away. The price is amazing as well.

That was a joke, right? I mean, Squires are decent for the money, but I wouldn't put them above say Sammics, or Rouges. :klol:
Unread 06-03-2002, 03:26 PM   #25

Send a message via ICQ to jhikel
Smile

I have been playing bass for almost a year. I started out with an old Yamaha bass that had been sitting my church for who know's how long. After a few months i bought my own and went with the Ibanez GSR 200. Its at a reasonable price, not very heavy, gives you a very good sound and looks real sharp. I have no regrets with this guitar.
jhikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2002, 03:34 PM   #26

Send a message via AIM to pistolpete2
My friend has a Ibanez Ergodyne EDC700, and it's rad, the action is great, and it's got pretty good sound range, so I think it's pretty good. Jazz basses also look cool, but that's all I can say considering I've never played one.
Unread 06-06-2002, 04:46 AM   #27
Jzak

Certainly, none of the bass manufacturers listed here would make the top 10. (or top 25) Squire? Sammics? Austin? Are you kidding? You guys need to get out of the bargain basement. A decent bass will cost you at least $1K.

But the point is, buy what you can afford and learn to master it. Youíll eventually find the one that works best for you. And youíll also learn to make them all work for you. It all comes from experience. Ask any veteran.
Unread 06-06-2002, 04:56 AM   #28

Unhappy

Why am I showing up as a guest? Were did my profile go?

Gee, you don't post in a couple of months and they trash you!
Jzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2002, 12:56 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally posted by Jzak
Certainly, none of the bass manufacturers listed here would make the top 10. (or top 25) Squire? Sammics? Austin? Are you kidding? You guys need to get out of the bargain basement. A decent bass will cost you at least $1K.
I at least was kidding when I said Sammic. I've only realy played a couple and they stunk. I also realize that a good bass will set you back a lot of money. I own a Warwick Streamer 5, just so you know.:kroll:
Unread 06-09-2002, 12:24 PM   #30
PunkRawker

Talking MUSICMAN!!!!!

MusicMan Stingrays are the best!!!!!