Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-18-2006, 07:43 PM   #1
Arnold Palmers FTW

Send a message via AIM to jamforchrist123 Send a message via Skype™ to jamforchrist123
David Crowder's guitar?

I don't know if he uses them anymore, but when I saw them at IYC and on the "O Praise Him" video, he was using some kind of guitar that had no pickups, (well, not visible anyway) but it looked like a solid body. Does anybody know what guitar that is?

jamforchrist123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 02-18-2006, 08:07 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to thomaspg70
Line 6 Variax.
thomaspg70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2006, 08:21 PM   #3
Yes

Send a message via AIM to Only Alive
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaspg70
Line 6 Variax.
No.
From David Crowder Band's website:

"I play two tom anderson crowdster solid body acoustics live. The playability blows my mind and the sound is huge!

They use a piezo pickup system tuned and designed by tom and the good folks at l.r. baggs and they are absolutely brainless.

Just plug 'em in and turn 'em up. You absolutely must check them out. http://www.andersonguitars.com

As well, read our news articles in the archives titled a follow up story?, and tom anderson declared nicest man on the planet.

I used to use 3 Gibson Chet Atkins SST solid body acoustic guitars.

One maroon '90 that I referred to as Willie, One sunburst '98 that I referred to as Travis Tritt , One black whose year I don't know because it is Jason Solley's. I referred to it as Jason's guitar. I know typically female names are used in reference to one's guitar but for me it was more like a brawl than a romance and it felt a little more right to go a few rounds with a Travis and Willie. It's just a fairer fight I think. Thus my excitement over the crowdster acoustic.

I run them all through a Pendulum SPS-1 stereo acoutstic preamp.

http://www.pendulumaudio.com/SPS-1.html"

-Nick
Only Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2006, 08:48 PM   #4
Arnold Palmers FTW

Send a message via AIM to jamforchrist123 Send a message via Skype™ to jamforchrist123
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaspg70
Line 6 Variax.
I forgot to say that I knew they wern't Variax's, but thats what I thought it was at first.

MAn, those Anderson guitars are awsome.

Last edited by jamforchrist123; 02-18-2006 at 09:04 PM.
jamforchrist123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2006, 01:04 AM   #5
iGuitar

Send a message via AIM to guitarjockey111 Send a message via MSN to guitarjockey111 Send a message via Yahoo to guitarjockey111 Send a message via Skype™ to guitarjockey111
How much does one of those crowder guitars cost.Cost my pastor is wanting to get a T5 and if i show him that he might like that better.

"A man without a vision is a man without a future. A man without a future will always return to his past. ~ Cleddie Keith"
guitarjockey111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2006, 02:27 AM   #6
Hula your way out of it

Send a message via AIM to Kato Send a message via MSN to Kato
Well.. they were made specifficly for David Crowder. So as far as I know, they cost $0 because they're not available.

Kato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2006, 06:19 AM   #7
Heaven isn't too far away

Send a message via AIM to gtrdave
I use a Godin A6 which is similar in style...chambered solid body, cedar top, acoustic w/ L.R.Baggs electronics...plays better than my Les Paul Standard.

Godin no longer makes the A6 but they do make the Acousticaster 6 and a whole line of Multiac steel and nylon strings. If someone is in the market for this type of solid/thin acoustic-sounding axe, the Godin's shouldn't be overlooked.
You'll spend less than you might on a Taylor and have a guitar as-good or better.

But you can have Anderson make you a guitar like Crowder's if you like...just get yourself about $3000+ and you're set.

youtube
facebook
cd baby
gtrdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2006, 10:27 AM   #8
I play Guitar...

Crowdsters have been availible for quite some time. You can check them out at www.andersonguitars.com. As said though, they are quite expensive - more so then the T5. However, from what I understand, it is also a lot better at the acoustic thing. Then again, the T5 hasn't exactly gotten itself a great reputation for any of its sounds...
Unread 02-19-2006, 02:05 PM   #9
Constantly growing

He has actually just come out with the Crowdster Plus that has a humbuker in the bridge slot.
The guitars he makes are absolutly amazing. I got to play the atom and Crowdster once and it just blew me away. The only downside is that it will cost you a ton of money but IMO it would be well worth it.
surferdude9375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2006, 05:09 PM   #10
gg7
retired from CGR. :)

gtrdave mentions a godin A6. i've seen that guitar coming up under the seagull name now (of course lasido owns godin and seagull so that's no surprise). in fact, elderly instruments has one as of this moment:
http://www.elderly.com/new_instrumen...ms/SA6-NAT.htm
it looks pretty sweet.

i'm not a fan of the t5. i'd play one if it was given to me though
Unread 02-19-2006, 06:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg7
gtrdave mentions a godin A6. i've seen that guitar coming up under the seagull name now (of course lasido owns godin and seagull so that's no surprise). in fact, elderly instruments has one as of this moment:
http://www.elderly.com/new_instrumen...ms/SA6-NAT.htm
it looks pretty sweet.

i'm not a fan of the t5. i'd play one if it was given to me though
Whoa!!!

That's the exact same guitar as mine (actually, it's my wife's ) but now made under the Seagull name.

I gotta tell ya...$529 for that thing is a STEAL! We paid $700 for her's used. Probably got taken on that price (it was the Sherman Oaks Guitar Center so I'm not surprised) but I really don't care. That guitar is one of the nicest I've ever owned mainly for it's beautiful sound and playability.

For anyone looking for a acoustic/electric but one that seriously plays like an electric and sounds like an acoustic, I highly recommend the A6 (regardless of who makes it).

youtube
facebook
cd baby
Unread 02-19-2006, 06:44 PM   #12

So THAT's the guitar one of the worship leaders at my church has. Wow. Awesome.
Unread 02-19-2006, 08:26 PM   #13
I'm on a horse.

Send a message via AIM to Rainer.
Tom Anderson makes some pretty darn sweet guitars. I'd order a custom work from him anyday... if I had the money.

Rainer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2006, 10:29 PM   #14
gg7
retired from CGR. :)

dave,
the ones i've seen carrying the godin name went for $800+ at the cheapest. i'm not sure if any of them were the a6 i've seen though.
i don't remember the a6 ever being on seagull's website. i'm not sure if it just never made it there (they don't update that often), or if it's just a limited run or something.

rainer,
after you built your very own dream guitar from your design i assume.
Unread 02-20-2006, 05:31 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg7
dave,
the ones i've seen carrying the godin name went for $800+ at the cheapest. i'm not sure if any of them were the a6 i've seen though.
i don't remember the a6 ever being on seagull's website. i'm not sure if it just never made it there (they don't update that often), or if it's just a limited run or something.

rainer,
after you built your very own dream guitar from your design i assume.
What you might have seen are the Multiac or ACS guitars which are priced higher than the A6. The Multiac's are basically the same except they contain the on-board 13-pin output for use with a guitar synth and the body is shaped a little different.

Godin is usually very slow at updating their website so it's no surprise that the S-A6 is not up if it's a new model.

youtube
facebook
cd baby