Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-02-2006, 02:04 PM   #1

12 Strings to go

Hi...
I'm a worship leader...new to this site and so appreciative of all the incredible information here.
I'm afraid tho' that I don't have information to add...just a question. Does anyone know of someplace (besides ebay) to advertise a guitar to sell? I currently lead worship with a Taylor 555 and love it...but recently got another 12-string Taylor (354 ces-maple) for a backup. BUT, I'm just not happy with it...the body size is too small for me. I'm sure it would be great plugged in, but for more intimate settings (Bible Study and home groups) it just doesn't have the volume I'm looking for. Anyway, does anyone know a good way to sell a guitar? I really need to see this one before I can get another...

Thanks to you all for your help...kjr

krendon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 02-02-2006, 02:17 PM   #2
Godin/Seagull Man

Welcome. Some people who don't want to use Ebay, use Craig's List. I believe it is craigslist.com. It helps if you live in a major city so you can sell it locally. I have am a regular Ebayer. I would not hesitate to sell a guitar on Ebay; I think it is much safer for the seller than it is for the buyer especially if you specify that you take only paypal. You also have to make sure you have something safe to ship it in.

I almost forgot; I believe there is a board on this website to list equipment for sale.
presbystrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2006, 02:50 PM   #3
Baby #2 is here!

Send a message via AIM to RipVanWinkle
http://www.craigslist.org

Gibson DC Std/Charvel TX Custom/MIK Fender Strat > Vol Pedal > Dano CC Drive > Dano CC Distortion > Dunlop Cry Baby > Dano CC Tremolo > Boss DD-5 > Korg 301dl/XTLive > Blackstar HT-20; Yamaha FGX730SCA

Check out my new Youth Ministry blog, www.studentswilleatyou.blogspot.com , leave a comment if you're from CGR!

RipVanWinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2006, 03:10 PM   #4

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by presbystrat
Welcome. Some people who don't want to use Ebay, use Craig's List. I believe it is craigslist.com. It helps if you live in a major city so you can sell it locally. I have am a regular Ebayer. I would not hesitate to sell a guitar on Ebay; I think it is much safer for the seller than it is for the buyer especially if you specify that you take only paypal. You also have to make sure you have something safe to ship it in.

I almost forgot; I believe there is a board on this website to list equipment for sale.
Just wanted to thank you for the information! You know, I would consider Ebay...but I've never used it, so I'm a little apprehensive about the procedure...and I wouldn't want it to sell for less than a certain amount. Do guitars move pretty well there?
Unread 02-02-2006, 03:11 PM   #5

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVanWinkle

Thank you for the link! And speaking of links, I clicked on the other but didn't find my way to listen to your music. Do you have another way to get there?
Thanks
Unread 02-02-2006, 03:18 PM   #6
Godin/Seagull Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by krendon
Just wanted to thank you for the information! You know, I would consider Ebay...but I've never used it, so I'm a little apprehensive about the procedure...and I wouldn't want it to sell for less than a certain amount. Do guitars move pretty well there?
I think they do very well on Ebay. Seems to me it is a seller's market, when it comes to brand name guitars. If you have never sold on Ebay before, it might be helpful to sell a few lower priced things first to familiarize yourself with the process and to earn some feedbacks. Some people might be hesitant to buy from someone with zero feedbacks. You can set the starting price at anything you want (although the price for listing increases the higher you start). You can also set a reserve price where the item will not sell until your reserve price is met (that way you can start at a lower price which encourages bidding and keeps your listing cost lower.) I can't think of anywhere else besides Ebay where you will get more money for your guitar. There are several other Ebayers here that would be glad to help if you have any other questions.
presbystrat is offline   Reply With Quote