Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Deeper Issues > Theology
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-22-2006, 03:46 PM   #16
O_o

Quote:
Do identical twins have 'less soul' than other human beings because they share the exact same chromosome sets?
I was just going to say that
Because if you take a look at how identical twins form, it's basicly a natural clone.

Quote:
"So if cloning is ok, is homosexuality ok?"
I don't think cloning is ok, neither is homosexuality.
But God loves homosexuals and will also love clones, at least that's what I think.
For as Lightknight says, God gives life.

Stephoguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-22-2006, 04:52 PM   #17
Do a little dance

Send a message via AIM to mmmthasgood1
I dont argue with wether they have a soul or not. I just dont think it is right.

So - homosexuality is wrong, cloning IS the same way that we already reproduce, but it has a twist that i dont agree with.
That is where i am.

Thats all i have to say.
mmmthasgood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2006, 07:05 PM   #18

I study this a lot in school so for all those who don't know what cloning is, this is how you do it:

You take a female egg cell.
You take all the DNA out of the egg.
You take the organism you want to clone.
You take a regular body cell from the organism you want to clone.
You remove the DNA from that cell.
You place that DNA in the egg.
You let the egg grow.
You have your clone.

That's the simple answer.

We basically do the same thing at a molecular level when we have sex so I see no reason why there wouldn't be a soul.
OneHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2006, 08:05 PM   #19

I don't think animal cloning is wrong. Nor, vegatable, it is very efficient and has numerous benefits.

But, as Shred said, having a 'sub-humans' race just for dissecting in needs for organs is disgusting.

I have also noted that alot of people get the misconception a clone is Identical in every way to you. That is not true, the clones personality can be completely different. This is because of certain experiences that the clone may have but the Original didn't. They are in every sense that counts two different people, they just have the same DNA structure, but their soul, what makes them who they are, is not the same.

I could clone myself and my clone might be a serial killer.
guitarmonkey<>< is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2006, 08:13 AM   #20

There is one large problem with cloning when I look at it. With todays technology, a clone would be at a much higher risk for genetic disorders. With natural sex, the body has many control factors which reduce the likelyhood of a genetic disorder but you don't have those with cloning. So, until we can fix that I believe cloning is wrong.
OneHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2006, 04:19 PM   #21
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Lightknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarmonkey<><
I don't think animal cloning is wrong. Nor, vegatable, it is very efficient and has numerous benefits.

But, as Shred said, having a 'sub-humans' race just for dissecting in needs for organs is disgusting.
That doesn't make cloning wrong. It makes cloning for that purpose wrong.
Lightknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2006, 07:09 PM   #22
Rocking on about Jesus

Send a message via MSN to steve_562
im no expert on cloning, but what about the verse, "you knit me together in my mothers womb"? I'm not saying cloning is wrong, but if they get it perfected, the outcome could be disaaterous.... i think it should be left alone.
Unread 01-24-2006, 07:14 PM   #23
It's not easy being green

All I know, is that if there were two of me running around, this world just may come to a screeching halt...or perhaps in would emplode...or maybe the sun would supernova...all I know, is having two of me running around is enough to convince scientists not to clone humans.
Unread 01-25-2006, 12:13 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_562
im no expert on cloning, but what about the verse, "you knit me together in my mothers womb"? I'm not saying cloning is wrong, but if they get it perfected, the outcome could be disaaterous.... i think it should be left alone.
The components are both still human, a fetus is still being created and it would be kinda silly to assume that God doesn't have a hand in the process because we certainly don't have the power over life without God.
Unread 01-25-2006, 12:17 PM   #25
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHarbison
All I know, is that if there were two of me running around, this world just may come to a screeching halt...or perhaps in would emplode...or maybe the sun would supernova...all I know, is having two of me running around is enough to convince scientists not to clone humans.
Not quite true or they would have refused your marriage license.

I see nothing truly wrong with human cloning if the risk for disorders were less and they conquered the strange aging thing they noticed with animals.

My Life.
BillSPrestonEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2006, 12:37 PM   #26
*cough* my throat hurts

Send a message via ICQ to SilverNitrate Send a message via AIM to SilverNitrate Send a message via MSN to SilverNitrate Send a message via Yahoo to SilverNitrate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHarbison
Not only that... but seeing as you are an extremely loud individual... I don't think our ears could withstand the decibels that two of you would create.

Wait... scratch that...

If they make another you... I want them to make another me. That way there can be 4 Harbison brothers... and we could rule the world. Or... at least we could have twice the fun we already have.

"Did you ever think there might be more to life than being really, really, really ridiculously good-looking?"
My Conversion Story...............Enter Fort Awesome................Here's my blog on blogger.
SilverNitrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2006, 12:48 PM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_562
That verse applies to the person who wrote it. A clone, however, may be albe to say "You knit me together in my genetic engineer's test tube" Regardless of the circumstances, God gave them life.
fallinguprawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2006, 01:03 PM   #28
Rocking on about Jesus

Send a message via MSN to steve_562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightknight
The components are both still human, a fetus is still being created and it would be kinda silly to assume that God doesn't have a hand in the process because we certainly don't have the power over life without God.
Good point, thank you lightknight. I have started to do a little reaserch on cloning and it seems to be almost imposible. go to http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/2936401.stm t
it makes sence too, like i said before the outcome of cloning humans could be disasterous.
Unread 01-25-2006, 04:19 PM   #29
Banned

Well the health risks involved in cloning any animal including humans is tremendous. The life span generally just doesn't work out and there are so many complications that can go wrong that attempting to clone someone WILL result in an early termination of the clones life at our current quality of equipment, knowledge and experience. If we are ever going to consider cloning humans, the experiments should be done extensively with animals if anything to preserve the quality of human life. Think smarter, not harder.

Interesting fact: A close friend of mine spearheaded the work that eventually evolved into cloning or was used closely therein as a foundation. He speciallized in animal breeding and got to the point in his research where he nearly set the record for first successful twinning (but unfortunately lost within literally minutes to another group). He had the largest success rate among all of his peers and is still sought out for his work in breeding. He left when they started applying his work to cloning without his permission and selling his work to another organization. He had told them that he would not do the research that they wanted and so someone in the organization was smart enough to start him on small projects that seemed harmless alone but when put together amounted significant research to help cloning become a reality. He only found out after someone (his main competitor) complimented him on his work. He then basically destroyed whatever he had been working on (not that there was anything important, just to show things were through) and never came back.