Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-10-2006, 01:50 AM   #46

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrashmetal15
I would also like to point out that to be a real man you DO NOT have to play an LP. In fact the logical thing to do would be to NOT play an LP because they are so overpriced for the quality. I think that was slightly uncalled for. People are entitled to their opinions, but one's manliness is not determined by the name plastered on his guitar. :scowl:

sorry, just rattled a nerve there.
Casey replied:
I'm certain he was joking about the LP. No need to get fired up, heh.
In other words, welcome to the CGR.

If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. --William Blake

Click here for the WORST advice you could ever get/give in the entire world of guitar buying
CheshireCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-10-2006, 05:50 AM   #47
Heaven isn't too far away

Send a message via AIM to gtrdave
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireCat
In other words, welcome to the CGR.
Exactly. And I meant to say that Real Men play Telecasters.

youtube
facebook
cd baby
gtrdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2006, 09:25 AM   #48
distance is not doable

Send a message via AIM to Casey
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrdave
That's more like it.
Unread 01-10-2006, 12:53 PM   #49

Send a message via MSN to TG-da-JF
Real men respect women. (im reading "gods gift to women" now )
I think Les Paul guitars are a bit overrated... but thats just me. maybe ill find em sound better later on. but for now ill stick to my Iba and my future Washburn.

92% of teens have changed to rap music. If you're part of that last 8%, put this in your sig.

Bandana
TG-da-JF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2006, 03:30 PM   #50
Blarg Honk!

Send a message via AIM to thrashmetal15 Send a message via MSN to thrashmetal15 Send a message via Yahoo to thrashmetal15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG-da-JF
Real men respect women.
+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Ibanez WD-7 Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Boss Metal Zone MT-2 -> Boss Metal Zone MT-2 Pro Modded by Analog Man -> Ibanez CS-9 Stereo Chorus -> Digitech RP-150
Amps:
Ibanez TB100R, Ibanez TB25R

Check out my band!
thrashmetal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2006, 03:37 PM   #51

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
oh gosh...real women get in the kitchen and make me a sandwhich

and they also are awesome...just like the best electric guitar would be (though it'd sound like poop through a cheap amp...trying to maintain the "on-topicness")
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2006, 03:43 PM   #52
Blarg Honk!

Send a message via AIM to thrashmetal15 Send a message via MSN to thrashmetal15 Send a message via Yahoo to thrashmetal15
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve
though it'd like like poop through a cheap amp
???? That it would, most guitars do.
Ibanez WD-7 Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Boss Metal Zone MT-2 -> Boss Metal Zone MT-2 Pro Modded by Analog Man -> Ibanez CS-9 Stereo Chorus -> Digitech RP-150
Amps:

Check out my band!
Unread 01-10-2006, 03:50 PM   #53
The Math

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrdave
THats right, nice and simple. Just like men like. well maybe
Wesley7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2006, 03:56 PM   #54
Pearl plays her guitar

Quote:
I think Les Paul guitars are a bit overrated... but thats just me. maybe ill find em sound better later on. but for now ill stick to my Iba and my future Washburn.
Everybody's entitled to their opinion, but, this drives me nuts! First, your opinion is based on what? Your ownership of one? You played one in GC and ___? What you've read in a forum or magazine? What your friend told you according to what his cousin said his father told him?

What about its place in the classic songs in the history of rock music? Why then is it one of the premier guitar designs in the history of the electric guitar? I can see that your opinion would have value if you had some reason to back it up, but to make a statement like this for this forum world to see is, frankly, irresponsible.

Who knows, someone might actually believe your comment and agree with you. Maybe I'm getting worked up for nothing, but you've stepped on some toes as I do own a Les Paul. It is a great guitar, along with my Strats and Tele. I do get tired of the continual comparison or "which is best" game. My solution to all of this is to get one of each and learn to play it as each is different.
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2006, 04:16 PM   #55
The Math

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful
My solution to all of this is to get one of each and learn to play it as each is different.
That has to be some of the greatest advise ever. Now if i just had the money i would. TO be honest i am not a les paul person, this is no the guitars fault. Many of my favorite guitariest played les pauls and i will always think of them as les paul players. All guitars are different, just cause you don't like the guitar does not mean its a over rated guitar. yeah i agree pretty much with hopeful for he is wise
Wesley7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2006, 04:19 PM   #56
Pearl plays her guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesley7777
That has to be some of the greatest advise ever. Now if i just had the money i would. TO be honest i am not a les paul person, this is no the guitars fault. Many of my favorite guitariest played les pauls and i will always think of them as les paul players. All guitars are different, just cause you don't like the guitar does not mean its a over rated guitar. yeah i agree pretty much with hopeful for he is wise
My son, I have not yet completed my will..............
Unread 01-10-2006, 04:21 PM   #57

Quote:
Everybody's entitled to their opinion, but, this drives me nuts! First, your opinion is based on what? Your ownership of one? You played one in GC and ___? What you've read in a forum or magazine? What your friend told you according to what his cousin said his father told him?

What about its place in the classic songs in the history of rock music? Why then is it one of the premier guitar designs in the history of the electric guitar? I can see that your opinion would have value if you had some reason to back it up, but to make a statement like this for this forum world to see is, frankly, irresponsible.

Who knows, someone might actually believe your comment and agree with you. Maybe I'm getting worked up for nothing, but you've stepped on some toes as I do own a Les Paul. It is a great guitar, along with my Strats and Tele. I do get tired of the continual comparison or "which is best" game. My solution to all of this is to get one of each and learn to play it as each is different.
ok your right... i was a bit too quick to say that. i played one once at a guitar center and didnt like it... maybe wasnt my day. but the thing i actually meant was that theres so much hype around it... les paul here... les paul there... i mean it just gets annoying seeing those les paul everywhere.and THAT can be a good show of quality, or a sign of being overrated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve
and they also are awesome...just like the best electric guitar would be (though it'd sound like poop through a cheap amp...trying to maintain the "on-topicness")
first thought you meant women "sounding like p**p through an amp.

92% of teens have changed to rap music. If you're part of that last 8%, put this in your sig.

Bandana
Unread 01-10-2006, 04:28 PM   #58
Pearl plays her guitar

Quote:
ok your right... i was a bit too quick to say that. i played one once at a guitar center and didnt like it... maybe wasnt my day. but the thing i actually meant was that theres so much hype around it... les paul here... les paul there... i mean it just gets annoying seeing those les paul everywhere.and THAT can be a good show of quality, or a sign of being overrated.
OK, everything is alright. Here's my experience. I honestly did not like my LP for two years. Yeah, I got into the hype, or so I thought. Actually, the problem was not the guitar, it was the amp. Now that I have the right amp, I get to experience the full potential of the guitar (well, limited by my playing skill). But, Les Paul, the guitar designer, knew what he wanted in a guitar and it is one of today's most recognized guitar shapes. Mine, by the way is not a Gibson, but a Heritage. I will not start any flame wars over which is better though.
Unread 01-10-2006, 04:36 PM   #59

Quote:
OK, everything is alright. Here's my experience. I honestly did not like my LP for two years. Yeah, I got into the hype, or so I thought. Actually, the problem was not the guitar, it was the amp. Now that I have the right amp, I get to experience the full potential of the guitar (well, limited by my playing skill). But, Les Paul, the guitar designer, knew what he wanted in a guitar and it is one of today's most recognized guitar shapes. Mine, by the way is not a Gibson, but a Heritage. I will not start any flame wars over which is better though.
yeah. i respect les paul as i heard he has invented like almost anything on an electric guitar. and he made one of the first designs too with another guy(or was it gibson... oh i dunno)(at the same period of time fender showed up with the strat). if i remember well... or else im just saying a bunch of lies. maybe gibson is overrated too but i dont say that(just pretend i didnt) cuz im a lil bit too inexpirienced to say that and having it make sense too ...

NOTE: im very tired so i dont type so precise with spellings and all. snowboarded 4 to 5 hours this afternoon.

Bandana
Unread 01-10-2006, 05:02 PM   #60
Blarg Honk!

I personally don't hate Les Pauls, I just get so disgusted with Gibson/Epiphone. I find it very appalling when they charge 500-600 dollars for a guitar that is (according to stuff i've heard, and according to what I've played) obviously inferior to my Ibanez. I have personally made a commitment NEVER to buy anything Epiphone or Gibson because they're taking advantage of people, and making money off of SOMEONE ELSE'S incredible guitar. Sure they have the name Gibson on them, but Gibson is hardly the company it used to be.

Am I getting my point accross?

Sorta like the Medicine industry, they charge exuberant prices BECAUSE THEY CAN, not because what they're selling is actually worth that much, but because people are desperate enough to pay that much.

So in the end: (Les Paul = Good) + (Gibson/Epiphone = Bad) =
Amps:

Check out my band!