Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-20-2006, 09:51 PM   #91
Pearl plays her guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesley7777
yes, but i have a recording of him that is really good quality and he just tears it up. Tone to die for, well at least in my opinion
I totally agree with you here. But we would also agree that tone is subjective and differs for everybody. Personally, I would take his playing over any shredder anyday. He is a players' player - too bad many haven't heard him play, or they just don't care for his style of music.

Last edited by Hopeful; 01-20-2006 at 10:19 PM.
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-24-2006, 02:13 AM   #92

BTW, now that I'm listening to more Black Label Society, I am totally loving Zakk's sound, contrary to my post in the Worst Tone thread. It's growing on me in a major way.

If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. --William Blake

Click here for the WORST advice you could ever get/give in the entire world of guitar buying
CheshireCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2006, 06:36 PM   #93
Registered Loser...

Send a message via AIM to iAMspartacus
i'm really starting to dig tim mahoney's mutron III tone of 311. not necessarily his distortion tone, but dang...envelope filter goodness!
Unread 01-24-2006, 06:49 PM   #94
Arnold Palmers FTW

Send a message via AIM to jamforchrist123 Send a message via Skype™ to jamforchrist123
I love the guitarist's tne from New Found Glory in "This Disaster"
jamforchrist123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2006, 06:56 PM   #95
The Math

brent mason. check this guy out. one great country picker with a video of him playing as you go on his site.

http://www.brentmason.com/
Wesley7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2006, 07:05 PM   #96
Arnold Palmers FTW

Send a message via AIM to jamforchrist123 Send a message via Skype™ to jamforchrist123
Quote:
brent mason. check this guy out. one great country picker with a video of him playing as you go on his site.

http://www.brentmason.com/
I saw him on a guitar video (Wired for sound?) and he was awsome. He was playing some huge hollow body gibson. His tone is god too.
Unread 01-24-2006, 07:06 PM   #97
The Math

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamforchrist123
I saw him on a guitar video (Wired for sound?) and he was awsome. He was playing some huge hollow body gibson. His tone is god too.
"hot wired" maybe
Wesley7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2006, 07:26 PM   #98
Arnold Palmers FTW

Quote:
"hot wired" maybe
No, I just looked at it. It is is a movie called "Wired for sound" it has a bunch of stars on it and stuff and they all play a solo song.
Unread 01-24-2006, 08:28 PM   #99

Props to Trey for some of the best tone. The whole "Rift" album has some of my favorite tone, which I try to emulate for worship services. thick, warm, round. I love it. Especially when the solo kicks in on "Maze". Phew, it gives me chills.

I know some people hate it, but I love Santana's tone. It has so much sustain and warmth. Just hearing it makes me want to pick up my guitar.

Also, I have to put a vote in for Nuno Bettencourt. His tone on Extreme's second album is easily the best 80's rock tone ever recorded.
guitargeek6298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2006, 03:11 AM   #100

Mark Tremonti of Alter Bridge, especially in 'one day remains'.
DDDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2006, 12:40 PM   #101
Pearl plays her guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitargeek6298
I know some people hate it, but I love Santana's tone. It has so much sustain and warmth. Just hearing it makes me want to pick up my guitar.
I love Santana's tone too - always have. So, I put on my Eric Clapton Crossroads (Houston 2005) DVD and Santana is there on stage with Mr. Clapton. Plus, there were a ton of great guitarists like Steve Vai, Joe Walsh, Steve Cropper, John Mayer, Larry Carlton, Doyle Bramhall II, Eric Johnson, JJ Cale, ZZ Top, BB King, Buddy Guy, Robert Cray, Johnny Lang, John McLaughlin, Robert Randolph (whoa!!!), David Hidalgo, Hubert Sumlin, Vince Gill and others. I thought Steve Vai was very entertaining and Robert Randolph was a great surprise, but the guy who had the best tone (to me, IMHO, and outside of Eric Clapton) was.....Vince Gill, on both his Tele and his Strat!
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote