Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-03-2006, 06:33 PM   #61

well i wouldn't get a 6 gig, iwant the 20, but its a little large but as long as it firs in the pocket. But you can get nano's that hold 1000 songs for like$200 - $250 here.

Of peace on earth, good will to men."

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
“God is not dead, nor does He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With peace on earth, good will to men.”

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-03-2006, 06:42 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlessdog
cool, i guess if i was to get that i could get an ipod shuffle which hold 120 songs or 240 songs, either one they are under 150 $ and they can run up to 14 hours in a charge and can charge like 400 times or something, but a guitar can go forever (depending on the care fore it).
my brother has a ipod video you can down load music videos and stuff id say ipod it is awsome
Unread 01-03-2006, 07:44 PM   #63
Pearl plays her guitar

To answer your original question with a question - how serious are you about playing your guitar? Just for me, it would not come down to this, the question would be - amp or guitar?
Unread 01-03-2006, 08:12 PM   #64
chris

Send a message via AIM to i'llcondescend
Quote:
Originally Posted by What5647
one more thing: you can put somgs not bought off itunes on a ipod if you know what you're doing. some can simply be imported to itunes from the folder they're in, others require alternate methods...but i didn't say that.
ITunes work in the standard M4A format, they are all protected. And I promise i did not figure out a way to bypass that protection and put ITunes on my PSP. Just had to get that out. But someone else (I think Bill) said MP3 is an acceptable IPod format, but in my experience it is not, all of my songs have either had to be MP4, M4A, or AAC. And you can use ITunes to convert any song out of any folder to an IPod friendly format, you don't have to use shady methods if that was what your undertone was supposed to imply.

Guitars: Fender MIM Strat, Squire SD-7
Amps: Peavey Rage 158, Fender Champion 300
Effects: DOD Overdrive Plus, Dunlop Crybaby, Digitech RP50, Korg Pandora
Pickups: Dean Markley Pro Mag Plus, Seymour Duncan Hot Rail
Unread 01-03-2006, 08:25 PM   #65
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'llcondescend
ITunes work in the standard M4A format, they are all protected. And I promise i did not figure out a way to bypass that protection and put ITunes on my PSP. Just had to get that out. But someone else (I think Bill) said MP3 is an acceptable IPod format, but in my experience it is not, all of my songs have either had to be MP4, M4A, or AAC. And you can use ITunes to convert any song out of any folder to an IPod friendly format, you don't have to use shady methods if that was what your undertone was supposed to imply.

I have an ipod with I think 4 aac's a few m4a's and thousands of mp3's. I used itunes to load them on.

My Life.
Unread 01-03-2006, 08:39 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful
To answer your original question with a question - how serious are you about playing your guitar? Just for me, it would not come down to this, the question would be - amp or guitar?
well first of all i suck at guitar quite badly, i play rythem (hard rock/metal rythem), but i am pretty serious, i play every day (like every one here most likely). But music, like listening to it, i love, like at school i aleays bring my discman, i mean this way i could keep all my music in my pocket, and listen at any time.

i think i might get the ipod first, then wait a couple months till i get a job (maybe) then buy another guitar. i mean my guitar now gets me around.
Of peace on earth, good will to men."

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
“God is not dead, nor does He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With peace on earth, good will to men.”

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Unread 01-03-2006, 09:04 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtoTHAizzosh
Ipods are a good product when they work... but if I had known mine would die not once but twice I would have never bought one.
I have a 20GB ipod photo and I love it. It died once but all I had to do was turn it on again. You press enter and menu and hold it for a few seconds, and boom, it's alive. I would say go with the ipod! I've had mine for 6 months and have had it in my pocket ever since, really. I never go anywhere without it. And it comes in very handy when your waiting for something. You can't take your guitar to the emergency room and use it there. I'd suggest buying a 20GB ipod photo and using the extra money on upgrades to your guitar or getting an amp or new effect or something.

Guitars: Highway One Tele, Empress Tele, USACG Custom Strat

Amp: Peavey Classic 30 and borrowed Fender Twin

Effects: Mojo Hand FX Rook OD, SBN Screamin' Eagle OD, Mojo Hand FX Crosstown Fuzz, SBN BDAB, MXR Carbon Copy, Mojo Hand FX Bayou Tremolo
Unread 01-03-2006, 09:18 PM   #68
Sarcasm? What's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'llcondescend
i've put everything from WAV files to mp3s to AAC to all sorts of stuff on mine. (i might have had to convert the WAVs, not sure, been a while)

oh, and i did the same thing to put itunes songs on my old mp3 player.

electric guitars: carvin bolt, cort z22
acoustic guitar: cort earth 200gc
amps: carvin VL100 legacy head, peavey rockmaster pre, carvin sx200c
effects: krank distortus maximus
cab: mesa oversized recto 4x12
Unread 01-03-2006, 09:18 PM   #69

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
here's something to consider...you already play guitar, which means you're going to go deaf faster than most people...why get an iPOD? oh right...so you can go deaf faster, get robbed on the subway and completely ignore everything around you!

I dunno...sometimes I think having an iPOD would be nice...I'd probably use it alot in my car with an FM transmitter...but I know that I've felt better internally since I stopped bringing my mp3 player to school with me...I used to plug it in right after class, walk to class and take it out right as the lecture started...the 5-10 minute walk in between was nicely filled with music, but no real appreciation for what was going on around me.

I'm a podcaster
Unread 01-03-2006, 09:39 PM   #70
Sarcasm? What's that?

yeah, i agree, earphones hurt your ears. but when you're the only person in the house who likes rock they're pretty much not an option.
and i hate it when ppl "zone out" when listening to music, when i'm walking around listening to my ipod i'm making doubly sure of my surroundings, the headphones are a dead givaway.

Unread 01-03-2006, 09:46 PM   #71

Hearing aids where made for guitar players with ipods. Having headphones has a huge advantage, just put them on and pretend your listening to music and everyone leaves you alone.

Guitars: Highway One Tele, Empress Tele, USACG Custom Strat

Amp: Peavey Classic 30 and borrowed Fender Twin

Effects: Mojo Hand FX Rook OD, SBN Screamin' Eagle OD, Mojo Hand FX Crosstown Fuzz, SBN BDAB, MXR Carbon Copy, Mojo Hand FX Bayou Tremolo
Unread 01-03-2006, 10:06 PM   #72
Resigned.

Send a message via AIM to Soap
You wont go deaf if you dont blare your music like all the other morons who end up spending their life savings on hearing aides. I've been to all too many rock shows and listened to my iPod a lot (sometimes all the way up while i'm mowing the lawn, but only when i'm mowing the lawn). The fact is there are things in your everyday life much louder than an iPod. You wont go deaf. You go deaf by going to clubs and concerts every day of the week and standing right by the sub's. You also go deaf by shoving q-tips in your ear. But thats another discussion (Stupid things that people do)
Unread 01-03-2006, 10:16 PM   #73

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoapbarII
You wont go deaf if you dont blare your music like all the other morons who end up spending their life savings on hearing aides. I've been to all too many rock shows and listened to my iPod a lot (sometimes all the way up while i'm mowing the lawn, but only when i'm mowing the lawn). The fact is there are things in your everyday life much louder than an iPod. You wont go deaf. You go deaf by going to clubs and concerts every day of the week and standing right by the sub's. You also go deaf by shoving q-tips in your ear. But thats another discussion (Stupid things that people do)
actually, audiologists are becoming convinced that the "iPOD generation" is growing deaf because ear buds send the sound directly into the ear. also, even if the sound isn't loud, constant sound can be just as damaging to your ears. here's a couple articles

1) http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/index...ge=1&pagePos=1
2)http://www.news.harvard.edu/gazette/...5-hearing.html

I'm a podcaster
Unread 01-03-2006, 10:25 PM   #74
Sarcasm? What's that?

when you hear a lod noise under normal circumstances, souind waves hit your eardrums from 2 directions, for your ear canal and r\from the eaustacian (sp?) tube. these waves help cancel each other out. this is why you should open your mouth when you hear a loud noise, it open the eaustacian tubes more fully. when you listen to headphones, you get sound waves from only one direction, allowing for hearing damage at lower volume lvls. i tend to listen to my ipod at 2/3 volume, sometimes at 80, once in a blue moon at max. i can't listen when i cut grass cause i use earplugs, although i have worn headphones over them before.

Unread 01-03-2006, 10:28 PM   #75

Send a message via AIM to nick2282
definitely get the guitar, IPods are just a trend. lets all get our ipods and go to starbucks!!! woo hoo!!! we can be cool!! i think there extremely overrated. i prefer one of the smaller mp3 players 1GB is more than enough. and there much much less. like your gonna listen to more than 400 songs a time anyway. how much can u spend? if you dont plan to spend over 300$ on the guitar then it might be better to wait till you can buy something nicer.
Closed Thread