Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-03-2006, 12:20 PM   #46
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'llcondescend
Don't know what you mean by external hard drive but all IPods serve as Flash Drives, I assume that's what you mean.
excluding the nano and shuffle, he is using the correct terminology and you the wrong. An Ipod operates off of a magnetic hard drive, not flash memory. (once again, excluding the nano and shuffle)
there are vast differences between the usb external drive and a flash drive.

My Life.
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-03-2006, 12:24 PM   #47
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSPrestonEsq
excluding the nano and shuffle, he is using the correct terminology and you the wrong. An Ipod operates off of a magnetic hard drive, not flash memory. (once again, excluding the nano and shuffle)
there are vast differences between the usb external drive and a flash drive.
I wish the 40 and 60 gig versions were flash. That would be sweet. I don't know if it's even possible though. Heh.
Unread 01-03-2006, 12:58 PM   #48

iPod to complement guitar

I'm not going to recommend the iPod OVER the guitar, but I bought an iPod last summer (mini - 4 GB) and using a 1/8 " cable (male both ends) you can go out from iPod into either headphone amp and/or regular amp (with 1/8 to 1/4 adaptor). This is great for practicing anywhere and having most of your music collection with you to do so! Just my $.02 .... - jack
Unread 01-03-2006, 01:43 PM   #49

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlessdog
songs online that you can put on an ipod?
yes.

if you go to http://myspace.com/yourfavoriteband all three of the songs there can be downloaded to your hard drive in mp3 format and transfered to an iPOD (I don't know if mp3 is the proper format, but if it isn't, I'm sure it can easily be converted)

of course this all relies on myspace music actually working properly at the time...haha.

I'm a podcaster
Unread 01-03-2006, 01:45 PM   #50
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve
yes.

if you go to http://myspace.com/yourfavoriteband all three of the songs there can be downloaded to your hard drive in mp3 format and transfered to an iPOD (I don't know if mp3 is the proper format, but if it isn't, I'm sure it can easily be converted)

of course this all relies on myspace music actually working properly at the time...haha.

mp3 works fine on an ipod.

My Life.
Unread 01-03-2006, 02:04 PM   #51
haha... whatever dude

Send a message via AIM to JtoTHAizzosh
I didn't read all 4 pages so I don't know if you've decided on the ipod yet... but DO NOT GET AN IPOD!!! Your money would be better spent on a Creative Zen or something similar. It's a 20gb music player but it isn't limited to just itunes. Plus Ipods are absolute crap. I've had one for about a year and I've had to get it replaced once, going on twice. The replacement Ipod only lasted for about 2 or 3 months before it died. Once you get up to about 1000 songs the hard drive just dies... it's a common problem with Ipods. I still have my original box and accesories (excluding the headphones... which also died) and my plan is to get my Ipod replaced, sell it on ebay, and buy a Creative Zen Micro.

Schecter Diamond Series S-1
Fender MIM Strat (soon to be hotrodded)
Fender Acoustic/Electric
Line 6 Spyder II 75 watt amp
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Unread 01-03-2006, 02:23 PM   #52

I say get the guitar. It holds it's value provided it's taken care of. An iPod won't.

Then, get a cheaper mp3 or so on. You said earlier that an MP3 can't be charged. I have one, it is charged. I just plug it into the wall. You don't need the iPod name brand. It's like everything else name brand you are just paying for the name and all the hype that goes with it.
Unread 01-03-2006, 03:09 PM   #53
Sarcasm? What's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtoTHAizzosh
I didn't read all 4 pages so I don't know if you've decided on the ipod yet... but DO NOT GET AN IPOD!!! Your money would be better spent on a Creative Zen or something similar. It's a 20gb music player but it isn't limited to just itunes. Plus Ipods are absolute crap. I've had one for about a year and I've had to get it replaced once, going on twice. The replacement Ipod only lasted for about 2 or 3 months before it died. Once you get up to about 1000 songs the hard drive just dies... it's a common problem with Ipods. I still have my original box and accesories (excluding the headphones... which also died) and my plan is to get my Ipod replaced, sell it on ebay, and buy a Creative Zen Micro.
did all this take place through a vendor or apple? i've dealt with apple, they give square deals. but every apple vendor has tried to rip me off. also, a lot of ppl who i know personally that trash talk ipod for unrelaibility didn't properly take care of theirs, treat it as a laptop more than a CD player.

regarding the hype about ipods, well, some of it isn't hype. some of it is. i've been an apple user for a very long time, near to ten years. i've always paid a little more for that apple brand name. why? well, i've yet to learn why not.

electric guitars: carvin bolt, cort z22
acoustic guitar: cort earth 200gc
amps: carvin VL100 legacy head, peavey rockmaster pre, carvin sx200c
effects: krank distortus maximus
cab: mesa oversized recto 4x12
Unread 01-03-2006, 03:10 PM   #54
Sarcasm? What's that?

one more thing: you can put somgs not bought off itunes on a ipod if you know what you're doing. some can simply be imported to itunes from the folder they're in, others require alternate methods...but i didn't say that.

Unread 01-03-2006, 04:20 PM   #55
haha... whatever dude

Send a message via AIM to JtoTHAizzosh
Quote:
Originally Posted by What5647
one more thing: you can put somgs not bought off itunes on a ipod if you know what you're doing. some can simply be imported to itunes from the folder they're in, others require alternate methods...but i didn't say that.
Oh I already know how to do all that. What I meant was that the Creative Zen can sync with programs outside of Itunes. I took really good care of both of my Ipods... they just come to a point where they decide not to work anymore. I actually have to return mine to HP though, I found this out when I tried calling Apple for a replacement. The customer service was good and they replaced it for free... I'm not sure if that will be the case this time however. I think my warrantee is up and I've heard that they charge somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 to even diagnose the problem. Ipods are a good product when they work... but if I had known mine would die not once but twice I would have never bought one.

Schecter Diamond Series S-1
Fender MIM Strat (soon to be hotrodded)
Fender Acoustic/Electric
Line 6 Spyder II 75 watt amp
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Unread 01-03-2006, 04:25 PM   #56

Quote:
I've had one for about a year and I've had to get it replaced once, going on twice.
did you have to pay to get it replaced?
Of peace on earth, good will to men."

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
“God is not dead, nor does He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With peace on earth, good will to men.”

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Unread 01-03-2006, 04:26 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarsxthatxsave
I say get the guitar. It holds it's value provided it's taken care of. An iPod won't.

Then, get a cheaper mp3 or so on. You said earlier that an MP3 can't be charged. I have one, it is charged. I just plug it into the wall. You don't need the iPod name brand. It's like everything else name brand you are just paying for the name and all the hype that goes with it.
your mp3, how long does the charge keep, and how many songs can it hold?
Of peace on earth, good will to men."

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
“God is not dead, nor does He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With peace on earth, good will to men.”

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Unread 01-03-2006, 05:46 PM   #58

I just got the iPod Video. It rocks.
Unread 01-03-2006, 05:52 PM   #59
Sarcasm? What's that?

Quote:
Oh I already know how to do all that. What I meant was that the Creative Zen can sync with programs outside of Itunes. I took really good care of both of my Ipods... they just come to a point where they decide not to work anymore. I actually have to return mine to HP though, I found this out when I tried calling Apple for a replacement. The customer service was good and they replaced it for free... I'm not sure if that will be the case this time however. I think my warrantee is up and I've heard that they charge somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 to even diagnose the problem. Ipods are a good product when they work... but if I had known mine would die not once but twice I would have never bought one.
so we're talking about one of the HP manufactuered ones then?
Quote:
did you have to pay to get it replaced?
if he did he got rpiied off, apple normally takes care of stuff like that for free. (when it's under warranty or a manufacturing/design deffect.) look what happened with the nano's with the bad screens.

Unread 01-03-2006, 06:24 PM   #60
Resigned.

Send a message via AIM to Soap
Creative Labs have aweful sound.

I have an iPod 4th generation, 20 gigs. I got it 2 years ago for Christmas and I dont feel like I need a newer one, I love it. I've got about 6 gigs taken up. Battery life has gone down, but honestly who listens to music 15 hours straight? My battery lasts about 10 hours now, I usually only listen to it for an hour at a time a few times a day.

iPods are worth it, but if you dont need all the fancy color and video i recommend going on ebay and getting a 6 gig mini or a 20 gig click wheel. You can get em for half the price of the new ones and they are awesome.