Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-26-2005, 11:30 AM   #76
Heaven isn't too far away

Send a message via AIM to gtrdave
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick2282
I was just pointing at the fact that his music is indeed drug induced. most of it was written while he was on something.
Do you have proof of that? Not proof that Hendrix DID drugs...I'm pretty sure I have video of him at least smoking something, probably cigarettes...but proof that most of what he had written was while under the influence of illegal drugs?

If not, I don't think it's a very good witness to go around speading rumor and gossip.

Back to the topic and the side-topic; Vai is excellent at what he does. Hendrix was an innovator in his time and influenced countless popular and unpopular guitarists.
I don't see the problem in respecting and appreciating both of them and I still don't see the reason for comparing them in a sense of either being better or worse than the other.

youtube
facebook
cd baby
gtrdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 12-26-2005, 11:42 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrdave
I still don't see the reason for comparing them in a sense of either being better or worse than the other.
Ah, but where's the fun in that!?! Didn't you know? The whole point of purpose for most kids existance is to compare one guitarist to another!

Apparantly they must make CD towers with very limited capacity because you can only like one guitar only so much, and have them in some sort of odd pecking order.

Of course, I always find it so amusing that kids, especially and particularly teenage boys, always compare this one guitarist to that or whathaveyou, and they invaribly say that the better of any two given guitarists is usually the one that rarely sells any albums or gets radio play or any other recognition, outside of being canonized as a guitar god.

It's interesting to note that Jimmy's, Jimi's, Eric's, Pete's (and so on) contributions to music and popular culture have long outlasted their "guitar gods" designations. Especially since they were the ones who created the designation in the first place.

If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. --William Blake

Click here for the WORST advice you could ever get/give in the entire world of guitar buying

Last edited by CheshireCat; 12-26-2005 at 05:49 PM.
CheshireCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2005, 01:53 PM   #78
does not look like this

Location: (lo-ka-shun) n. That which is located; a tract of land designated in place
Send a message via AIM to someone13
Haha. This is all so funny. Chesh is very right. I have heard so many kids saying things like "Xguitarist SUCKS he can't hold a candle to Yguitarist!!!." After a while I found that they haven't even listened to much of either. They usually can't even play an instrument at all more then a few chords. It's a shame that they limit their listening territory so much.

Someone.