No, I don't play harmonica 11 35.48%
Harmonicas suck! I burned my harmonica! 0 0%
No, harmonicas blow 1 3.23%
I used to play 2 6.45%
Me play harmonica in cave! Acoustics good! 2 6.45%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-07-2009, 08:44 PM   #31

It's the ultimate take with you instrument.

"Electronic Drum Set Players Are Shocking..."
Tomcat99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-06-2009, 10:07 PM   #32

Just got one for pre-Fathers Day (bub is due in November).

Anyone know any harmonica tab sites for christian music (third day, todd agnew, glory revealed etc)
GavFav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2009, 10:19 AM   #33
... a hoopy frood

Simple harmonica isn't too difficult once you realize that harmonicas come in different keys and the pattern of in/out notes are arranged in blues progression chords and transition notes. Most single harmonicas that you just buy off the counter at the music store are in the key of "C". I usually keep a "G" harmonica around myself. Just chord it in key and match it with a guitar rhythm and you sound like Bob Dylan. As a praise team, we do a verion of "Shout to the North" with guitar and harmonica that makes it sound just like a Dylan song.

Simple chording - (low notes on left) blow the first 3 holes on the left for the the Tonic or I chord. The same goes for the next 3 holes, and the last 4. Anywhere you blow, you get some variation of the tonic chord. On a "C" harminca, that would be a "C" chord.

When you draw (opposite of blow) you need to be more careful. The first 4 holes are your Dominant or V chord. So are holes #7-8 (think power chord). Holes 5-6 and 9-10 are your Sub Dominant or IV chord. There are more subtle combinations of holes... but those will get you started.

Once you get the hang of it, you'll want to become more versatile... think of getting a set like this: Amazon.com: Hohner Piedmont Blues Harmonica Set: Musical Instruments
Fugli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 03:54 PM   #34
طعام الكلب

Send a message via MSN to dogfood
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallinguprawks View Post
Haha- that's how violin was for me. I played it a little, but after that it just sat there, and now I don't know where it is

The closest thing I play to harmonica is this thing where I cup my hands together, blow over a hole created between my thumbs, and control pitch by opening my left hand more. It doesn't sound anything like a harmonica, but yeah. Just thought I'd share.
i can do that, in fact i can get a whole octaive in range, and i have played at church doing that too..... we stuck a lapel mic inside my hand and put some effects on it through the system. pretty interesting.
Unread 09-09-2011, 01:40 AM   #35

i played it.
Theodora is offline   Reply With Quote