Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: HAve Youe ever smahed a guitar?
Yes 7 11.29%
No 40 64.52%
No, but I really really wanted to 15 24.19%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-15-2005, 05:14 PM   #76
The Great griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSPrestonEsq
Ive been to a lot of shows, lots, probably in the hundreds. I see who generally as a demographic gets a thrill out of busted guitars. Its usually the young wannabe anarchist rich kids who get a kick out of a smashed guitar. As a general rule, most musicians aren't real big into their instruments smashed.

Then again, look at my 3 guitars. One I handcrafted for a year. I would be a loon to smash that. One is a beautiful schecter c-1 classic I purchased with college graduation money. thirdly is my first electric, an ibanez RG 320. I can't replace them, smashing them would be idiocy.

As a guitar maker and someone who most of my life was too poor to afford even a cheap guitar, people smashing an instrument, even a fairly cheap one is smashing someone's dreams.
I learned to play on a $50 acoustic guitar for 7 years before I could afford my first electric. I still can't afford my second. I don't get birthday money or graduation money or anything like that. I very much appreciate people who work hard to get what they have because I am one. I'm not condoning smashing guitars, I'm not encouraging anyone to do so, I'm just not condemning the act itself.

Anyways, I think you think I'm one of the "lowest common denominators" as you put it, and as far as I know, I'm the furthest thing from.

Unread 11-15-2005, 05:55 PM   #77
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffon
I learned to play on a $50 acoustic guitar for 7 years before I could afford my first electric. I still can't afford my second. I don't get birthday money or graduation money or anything like that. I very much appreciate people who work hard to get what they have because I am one. I'm not condoning smashing guitars, I'm not encouraging anyone to do so, I'm just not condemning the act itself.

Anyways, I think you think I'm one of the "lowest common denominators" as you put it, and as far as I know, I'm the furthest thing from.

Neither do I. My parents gave me a little bit of money on my college graduation. They had refused to help me at alll through college, while helping my brothers out. Its not common of me. I am saying that as someone who saved for a year for my first electric.

My Life.
BillSPrestonEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2005, 01:06 AM   #78
The Great griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSPrestonEsq
Neither do I. My parents gave me a little bit of money on my college graduation. They had refused to help me at alll through college, while helping my brothers out. Its not common of me. I am saying that as someone who saved for a year for my first electric.
I saved for 4 months, but I was working construction and I was 17, no bills.