Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Vocals & Other Instruments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-11-2001, 02:27 AM   #1

Talking Girl vocal needed

Hi,

If you're a female or a guy with a really high voice (heh heh) and you live in travelling distance of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, then I would like to contact you and listen to your voice for a possible recording of my new song.

I guess you don't have to be in travelling distance and we might be able to do this over the net because of all of the high tech advances.

Check out some of my music at http://jimmykim.iuma.com and see if your vocals match mine and then contact me please.

thanks and God bless

Jimmy Kim

yagabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 11-12-2001, 05:40 AM   #2

sorry for another boring message but when you contact me could you please include a soundbit or where I could find a sample of your vocals... this would be much appreciated.

thanks for all those who have contacted me so far.

God bless

In Christ

Jimmy Kim
Unread 01-05-2002, 04:00 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to SsecnirPc Send a message via Yahoo to SsecnirPc
WOW ...you are amazingly talented...
SsecnirPc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2002, 05:39 PM   #4
Preggers with Baby # 2!!

Send a message via AIM to Singin4Him82 Send a message via MSN to Singin4Him82
I just want to say you are truly blessed with an incredible gift!! My voice would match yours very well...but you're kinda far and I'm not sure how we could do that over the net although I know it's possible. So are you signed to a label and alreay made some CD's? I just cut a demo a few months ago, I'll probably be cutting another in the spring. Do you hope to have this as a career? Well you are in my prayers! Stay humble and give God ALL the glory .

Singin4Him82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2002, 01:12 AM   #5

Hey Singin

Hey Singin4him,

Thanks for the encouraging comments and helpful suggestions. I agree with you that in this industry a Christian artist must try and stay focused on why they are in it in the first place. This world is not our home and we must not get too comfortable here. I believe that God is the writer and giver of all of my songs and all glory must go to Him.

I just finished recording my demo cd and i'm still polishing up some tracks and adding new ones. I'm heading to nashville in feb. for a seminar there but i'm not really looking for anything on this trip... if God wants anything to happen it will.

anyways, i should go but you should give me a place where I can get your songs. Also, a good program to record multi-tracks is called n-track studios... i believe that there is a shareware out there. i have the program so if you were so sent me sound bits of your singing i could easily add them into any song.

Thanks again

God bless

Jimmy Kim
Unread 01-11-2002, 02:57 AM   #6
Pie...& chips. For free!

Hey Jimmy, I'm totally interested in starting up a recording studio and maybe doing some amature recordings(at least for right now). COuld you give me some tips on how to get started? I saw your studio and it looks real nice. I'd want to eventually do something like that.

So ANY tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2002, 06:23 PM   #7

Smile hey paradigm

Hey Paradigm,

The best "tool" for recording from a studio that is not "professional" is a nice computer. You need lots of space, lots of memory and a really nice sound card. The sound card is the most important because it'll differentiate between the qualities of your songs.

If you're recording from home, make sure that the room is not too big... this will create a hollow sound. Your mic is pretty important too. Next is to get a multi-tracking program such as n-track studio... i think there's a demo version on the net. It'll allow you to record multiple tracks and manipulate them.

The cost for a home studio can be very cheap if you already have a computer (if it's an older one maybe you can buy more memory and another hard drive and a nice sound card). You don't have to shell out thousands of dollars to get a half descent sounding track. I first started out recording on an old karaoke machine! If you have a passion for music then just be content to work on your music first... then pray about it. Stuff just happens if it's supposed to.

Good luck and God bless

In Christ

Jimmy Kim
Unread 01-11-2002, 06:24 PM   #8
never goes unheard.

hey..just passing thru and i saw this...i have to say that you have an awaesome God given talent and i thank Him for leading you to a point in yr life where you use these talents to glorify the One who gave them to you...i can sing it's nothing really...and i think we would sound good together...but i am so humiliatingly computer illiterate...shame..and i live in cali...but i would really love to see how we match... so you can email me or pm me and we can work out the details....God Bless You
Unread 01-11-2002, 06:30 PM   #9
Pie...& chips. For free!

Re: hey paradigm

Quote:
Originally posted by yagabo
Hey Paradigm,

The best "tool" for recording from a studio that is not "professional" is a nice computer. You need lots of space, lots of memory and a really nice sound card. The sound card is the most important because it'll differentiate between the qualities of your songs.

If you're recording from home, make sure that the room is not too big... this will create a hollow sound. Your mic is pretty important too. Next is to get a multi-tracking program such as n-track studio... i think there's a demo version on the net. It'll allow you to record multiple tracks and manipulate them.

The cost for a home studio can be very cheap if you already have a computer (if it's an older one maybe you can buy more memory and another hard drive and a nice sound card). You don't have to shell out thousands of dollars to get a half descent sounding track. I first started out recording on an old karaoke machine! If you have a passion for music then just be content to work on your music first... then pray about it. Stuff just happens if it's supposed to.

Good luck and God bless

In Christ

Jimmy Kim
Thanks man. That helps a ton. I hope to stay in touch with you and find out what brnads are good qualities for good prices.

Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2002, 11:38 AM   #10
Preggers with Baby # 2!!

Send a message via AIM to Singin4Him82 Send a message via MSN to Singin4Him82
Hey! I'll start working on the stuff to send you of me singing and we'll go from there I guess. I have a couple brothers very into all this kinda stuff, they record themselves playing with their band on their computer so they'll help me out this week and I'll send it to ya ASAP.
Singin4Him82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2002, 02:47 PM   #11
PATRICK IS MY FAVORITE

Send a message via ICQ to swim2112 Send a message via AIM to swim2112 Send a message via MSN to swim2112 Send a message via Yahoo to swim2112
WOW!!!!

You are totally talented!!

If you ever need a gal to sing alto... let me know

God Bless
swim2112

PS. Your baby picture was totally adorable
"I don't need luck, I need ANSWERS!"--Steve
"I am woman hear me roar! RARR"-- Random Quote
"My ice cream is getting cold!!!"--Brent
"I think it's interesting where the interstates are. Call it a fetish " --Luke
"LINDSEY, TU AMOR ES MAYOR QUE HELADO!" --Brent
"Then they run around in a circle trying to start a tornado."-- Benj