Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Deeper Issues > Theology
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-11-2005, 08:00 PM   #1
Derek Ro

Demon Possession

with the exorcism of emily rose coming out and everything, i've recently been thinking more about demon possession. i don't know a lot of information about this, and that makes it even scarier for me. could anyone elaborate on the subject? does it still happen in modern times? can it happen to anyone? is there any way to fight the demons off? i'm just trying right now to understand this subject, and i'd really appreciate it if someone could shed some light on the topic.

Sponsored Links
Unread 09-11-2005, 08:13 PM   #2
awesome.

Well, you can't be demon possesed if you have accepted Christ as your Lord and Savior for one. And if you havn't accepted Christ, and you do get possesed, then pastors or something can cast them out of you.
Unread 09-11-2005, 08:37 PM   #3

1Pe 5:8 ∂ Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: I believe that this doesn't only speek on Satan trying to get someone to fall into sin through peer pressure or temptation. I believe this verse could also be suggesting possession. I've heard somewhere (and I will do more research on this) that supernatural things like this happens usually when a major sin has been committed, murder, adultery, etc. In the past, and then another person comes along in the same spot and is living in sin. although it doesn't necessarliy the same kind of sin that was committed in the past. I believe these two things contribute to working grounds for the devil. Now it doesn't just take pastors or anyone of the like to cast out demons. Just do it in the name of Christ Jesus.

I don't know everything about this subject, but I will do research on it.
Unread 09-11-2005, 08:58 PM   #4
Derek Ro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoLoGOD
Well, you can't be demon possesed if you have accepted Christ as your Lord and Savior for one. And if you havn't accepted Christ, and you do get possesed, then pastors or something can cast them out of you.
are you positive about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejman
1Pe 5:8 ∂ Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: I believe that this doesn't only speek on Satan trying to get someone to fall into sin through peer pressure or temptation. I believe this verse could also be suggesting possession. I've heard somewhere (and I will do more research on this) that supernatural things like this happens usually when a major sin has been committed, murder, adultery, etc. In the past, and then another person comes along in the same spot and is living in sin. although it doesn't necessarliy the same kind of sin that was committed in the past. I believe these two things contribute to working grounds for the devil. Now it doesn't just take pastors or anyone of the like to cast out demons. Just do it in the name of Christ Jesus.

I don't know everything about this subject, but I will do research on it.
thanks, i appreciate it man.
Unread 09-11-2005, 10:26 PM   #5
Soldier For Christ

Send a message via AIM to Arwin S
In the case of EMILY ROSE, whos real name is Annelise Michaels (i think thats how it is spelled) was suposedly a firm believer in Christ. In fact the church denied the plea for an excorsism a couple of times becuase they believe she needed to be more devoute. From what I read (on her) she went to church and followed what the church told her to do. But still however she reamined possessed hence forth the excorcism.
                 _|                            _|      _|        
               _|_|_|_|  _|  _|_|  _|    _|  _|_|_|_|  _|_|_|    
                 _|      _|_|      _|    _|    _|      _|    _|  
                 _|      _|        _|    _|    _|      _|    _|  
                   _|_|  _|          _|_|_|      _|_|  _|    _|
Unread 09-11-2005, 10:32 PM   #6

any good links for video, article, etc?
Unread 09-12-2005, 12:32 AM   #7
is faith smiling!

Try checking this thread out... there are some good posts in it about this topic: http://www.christianguitar.org/forum...9&page=1&pp=15

Personally i don't think a christian can be demon possesed, i don't believe God would share our bodies with Satan, it's as simple as that.

I do believe however that non-Christians can be demon-possesed and it does occur.
Unread 09-12-2005, 12:43 AM   #8
is back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwin S
In the case of EMILY ROSE, whos real name is Annelise Michaels (i think thats how it is spelled) was suposedly a firm believer in Christ. In fact the church denied the plea for an excorsism a couple of times becuase they believe she needed to be more devoute. From what I read (on her) she went to church and followed what the church told her to do. But still however she reamined possessed hence forth the excorcism.
Yes but it is very easy to play church.Dr. Walter Martin told a true story of a girl who was a childrens leader in her church and I believe a model Christian to those around her but she was possesed.Walter Martin and some other brothers in Christ were able to cast out the demons through the Holy Spirit and prayer.Church is very easy to play possesed or not.
I'll spend a lifetime right by your side
Cause you're the one I dreamed about
Unread 09-12-2005, 10:41 AM   #9

let's put it this way, I believe someone going to church can be possessed or even a leader in the church and be possessed, but I don't believe that if your saved, you can be possessed. Lu 4:41 And devils also came out of many, crying out, and saying, Thou art Christ the Son of God. And he rebuking them suffered them not to speak: for they knew that he was Christ. If you are saved then Jesus Christ is in you. Well no Devil is going to go in you and possess you if Jesus Christ already there.
Unread 09-12-2005, 11:46 AM   #10

Send a message via MSN to evo81
Quote:
Originally Posted by robOy
with the exorcism of emily rose coming out and everything, i've recently been thinking more about demon possession. i don't know a lot of information about this, and that makes it even scarier for me. could anyone elaborate on the subject? does it still happen in modern times? can it happen to anyone? is there any way to fight the demons off? i'm just trying right now to understand this subject, and i'd really appreciate it if someone could shed some light on the topic.
Yes, in the new testament there is a lot about demon possession and it seems that it was not uncommon.

I don't see why there would be less demon activity in these times.

I've just scoured through the gospels, these seem to be the characteristics of demon possession:

"And when He had come to the othe side into the country of the Gadarenes, two men who were demon possessed met Him as they were coming out of the tombs, they were so exceedingly violent that no one could pass by that road." (Mat 8:28)

"Then there was brought to Him a demon possessed man who was blind and dumb, and He healed him so that the dumb man spoke and saw" (Mat 12:22)

15 "Lord, have mercy on my son for he is an epilieptic and very ill; for he often falls into the fire, and often into the water
18 And Jesus rebuked him, and the demon came out of him" (Mat 17:18)

"And constantly night and day, among the tombs and in the mountains, he was crying out and gashing himself with stones"

So we see that the characteristics of someone possessed can be

1. exceedingly violent
2. dumb + blindness
3. epilepsy
4. self mutilation

Now, whether all who have these characteristics have a demon, I do not know.

For you are all sons of God through faith
Unread 09-12-2005, 12:18 PM   #11

Some people in my opinion can be hypersensitive to supernaturals. Because I am not hypersensitive or do I have any experience with this, I can't give any details.

All this crazy stuff about fortune tellers, terrot readings, or any other source of sense that "normal" people do not have I feel exists. Most of it that you hear about however, is fake.
Unread 09-12-2005, 04:13 PM   #12

possessions are actually hard to come by nowadays. Once Christ defeated sin on the cross, it hindered Satan's visual activity. He can't just go and possess when ever he wants. There has to be a demonic ground work laid first. I believe fortune telling, witchcraft, tarrot cards, etc. produce a door for the Devil.
Unread 09-12-2005, 04:19 PM   #13
is back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejman
possessions are actually hard to come by nowadays.
Depends on where you look.
I'll spend a lifetime right by your side
Cause you're the one I dreamed about
Unread 09-12-2005, 04:50 PM   #14

Anyone have any links to real cases of recent demon possesions?
Unread 09-13-2005, 09:48 AM   #15
It's not easy being green

I'm sure demon possessions can happen today and in some cases probably do. I think that if we want to see what a demon possessed person looks like then we should probably turn our eyes toward scripture and see what demon possessed people acted like then weigh that against what we see in the movies. I've seen the previews for this movie and I'm sorely unimpressed. It looks like a modern remake of the exorcist and I no more believe that this girl was possessed any more than I believe that I'm going to sprout wings and fly to the moon.
Closed Thread