Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > CD Reviews > T
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Rank the overall quality of this CD, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest
1 1 2.04%
2 1 2.04%
3 1 2.04%
4 2 4.08%
5 1 2.04%
6 1 2.04%
7 3 6.12%
8 6 12.24%
9 12 24.49%
10 21 42.86%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-07-2005, 07:24 PM   #1

Thousand Foot Krutch - The Art of Breaking

Tracks
1. Absolute
2. Slow Bleed
3. The Art Of Breaking
4. Stranger
5. Hurt
6. Hand Grenade
7. Move
8. Hit The Floor
9. Go
10. Make Me A Believer
11. Breathe You In

For more information on Thousand Foot Krutch, click here.

Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-07-2005, 11:31 PM   #2
...distant but devoted

'Bout blinkin' time!

Anyways, I give this album a 9.83, so...I went ahead and voted ten. Lovin' the guitar solos.

-Sazzy
Unread 09-12-2005, 08:15 PM   #3
Banned

Send a message via MSN to thedemonhunter
I was super excited to buy this Cd the day it came out, and I was disappointed. After Phenomenon, I was expecting something just as amazing, but I was disappointed. Their is no rap at all, their sound isn't as heavy, and new solos sound weird cause they've never been there.
Maybe if some other band had put out this same CD, I would have liked it more, but the disappointment is too much
thedemonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2005, 02:57 AM   #4
Banned

This cd rocks. The chord changes that send chills down your spine, lyrics that cut to the heart, and awesome guitar solos are only part of why I voted 10. If hard rock is your thing, totally get this. If not, get it anyways
fallinguprawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2005, 11:26 PM   #5
What should I put here?

all I can say to TFK is "It's about freakin' time!" their old stuff was good too, but in my opinion, they continually get better. To me, this is alot harder than phenomenon, and so what if there is no rap? I mean Trev's getting old now, lol

The Guitar Solos are incredible, and overal I think it's their best yet...and I can't wait to go see them next week in barrie! You know, with my free tickets that Jamie got for me and my buddies...for those of you who don't know who jamie is...he's the guitarist

~I bet the main reason the police keep people away from a plane crash is they don't want anybody walking in and lying down in the crash stuff, then, when somebody comes up, act like they just woke up and go, "What was THAT?!"~
~You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea.~
~Oppourtunity Knocked...Regretibly I was takin' a dump at the time and couldn't answer the door...~
~Nothin' but Gibson~
~Isaiah 40:30-31~
Registered User is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2005, 09:55 AM   #6
Just said something

Send a message via MSN to ice_wiz
Great Cd I gave it a 9!!! Gotta love the solos
Unread 12-17-2005, 12:46 PM   #7
Panic! Your Goin' To Hell

I actually really liked this cd. They were good with Phenomenon, but their guitar seemed very talentless on that cd. every riff sounded the same. There are some great solos on this cd, and just great guitar work over all. Absolute, the art of breaking, stranger, Hand grenade, move, and breathe you in are the best tracks.
9/10

unbelief NEVER has enough proof
underOATHrcks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2005, 01:22 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered User
all I can say to TFK is "It's about freakin' time!" their old stuff was good too, but in my opinion, they continually get better. To me, this is alot harder than phenomenon, and so what if there is no rap? I mean Trev's getting old now, lol

The Guitar Solos are incredible, and overal I think it's their best yet...and I can't wait to go see them next week in barrie! You know, with my free tickets that Jamie got for me and my buddies...for those of you who don't know who jamie is...he's the guitarist
Agreed. I liked their old stuff, but this totally blows all their previous cds away.
Unread 12-17-2005, 02:17 PM   #9
4Glory

Man I was disappointed, especailly after phanominon which was just alright, I much prefer their re release of set if off over this. I do like a couple of songs, "Move" was the closest thing to what I used to love about TFK, the rap and funk mixed in with heavey rifts.
When I used to see them live (for the 20th time) I'd always be anticipating them opening with great songs like Puppet to get the party started, but now its kinda ho hum, more mellow and no rap, thats what made TFK so great in the first place.
Don't get me wrong I do like some of the songs but in comparision, this CD isn't half as good as set it off. I give it at 7.
4Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2006, 11:37 AM   #10
Just said something

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Glory
Man I was disappointed, especailly after phanominon which was just alright, I much prefer their re release of set if off over this. I do like a couple of songs, "Move" was the closest thing to what I used to love about TFK, the rap and funk mixed in with heavey rifts.
When I used to see them live (for the 20th time) I'd always be anticipating them opening with great songs like Puppet to get the party started, but now its kinda ho hum, more mellow and no rap, thats what made TFK so great in the first place.
Don't get me wrong I do like some of the songs but in comparision, this CD isn't half as good as set it off. I give it at 7.
I miss the rap and stuff to, but just gonna hafta live with the [I]"new[I/] TFK.
Unread 03-26-2006, 11:01 AM   #11
is not really purple.

I absolutely love this album! I can listen to this album the whole way through without wanting to skip a song.

"Jesus Christ, Light of the world, You never did forget me
and when i bled in darkness, You held me, still held me
when desparate nights i cursed You, You loved me, still loved me
Jesus Christ, You dry the tears, You break my heart of stone
Your words are life, cut marrow through the darkness to the bone
a heart of flesh You gave me, only You can save me"
Purple Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2006, 11:08 AM   #12
Banned

Best song is "Breathe You In", hands down.
Unread 04-17-2006, 10:12 AM   #13
TFK Tabber

Some things about this album totally blows Phenomenon away. Like the solos, Hand Granade really leaves you with your mouth wide open! Move, Hit The Floor, Absolute, Breathe You In, The Art of Breaking... I love all the songs!

Some things about Phenomenon totally blows The Art of Breaking away. Like the rapping, Ordinary is insane speed, Rawkfist even has dual rapping! This Is A Call is lyrically one of my absolute favourite songs, and it's beautiful too.

I haven't heard any of the Set It Off albums. All I can say is that if you loved TFK before, I think you'll love them now as well, but don't expect the same thing as Phenomenon. What I think is that the two albums help compliment eachother. Phenomenon has a tighter heavy sound and The Art of Breaking has a more melodic sound.

If you like heavy rock music you'll love these guys, and to TFK fans I'd say you'll love it, but don't be disappointed that it doesn't sound like Phenomenon. As I said before, the albums blow away eachother.
Dani_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2006, 10:54 AM   #14
I'm just a guy.

Horrible cd.
Until things are brighter,
I'll be the man in black.
alexanderthegr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2006, 02:15 PM   #15
Just said something

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanderthegr8