Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Community > CGR Members' Art, Music & Literature
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: -
- 0 0%
- 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-22-2006, 02:33 PM   #46
i just like the uniform
 
bandgeek's Avatar
 

Joined: Nov 2005
Location: some where over the rainbow
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by telecasting
There is a quite accomplished band called Crossfire in England, so unless you are they, in which case well done guys, then you've been pipped to the post!

In terms of a name for the samba thing, i was thinking something more portugese than latin, plus while Siochain is cool, it looks more like a metal name rather than a jazz name. Appreciate it in any case.
your band not mine. do what you want. the names still up for grabs if anyone wants it. personally, i like it. but the band i now belong to already has the name narrow minded so its out in the open.
bandgeek

__________________
[support the arts.... kiss a tuba player.

if i dont get on for a while i've officially been grounded.[/size]
bandgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 03-22-2006, 05:15 PM   #47
Do a little dance
 
mmmthasgood1's Avatar
 

Joined: Jan 2006
Location: The Beach, NC
Posts: 948
Send a message via AIM to mmmthasgood1
My friend thought of Sky Leaks blue, or maybe ...And The sky Leaks Blue....

I thought it was cool. I dont know if I will use it since it was his idea. But he doesnt play anything so he wouldnt care a whole lot.

I also that Mad Hatters would be cool but that is already a local band's name. I can picture it. Five guys walk out with tuxedos with those tail things where the coat separates, and an old fashioned shirt with frills under that. And all have a moderatley large top hat on. ooo that would be a dream!
mmmthasgood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2006, 09:16 PM   #48
Registered User
 
Adam_8287's Avatar
 

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmthasgood1

I also that Mad Hatters would be cool but that is already a local band's name. I can picture it. Five guys walk out with tuxedos with those tail things where the coat separates, and an old fashioned shirt with frills under that. And all have a moderatley large top hat on. ooo that would be a dream!
Panic! At The Disco.
Adam_8287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2006, 06:09 PM   #49
major 4th to a minor 4th
 
telecasting's Avatar
 

Joined: Jul 2005
Location: England
Posts: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandgeek
your band not mine. do what you want. the names still up for grabs if anyone wants it. personally, i like it. but the band i now belong to already has the name narrow minded so its out in the open.
bandgeek

Not really my thing, but I saw them at a festival. Christian as well so kind of funny. Hope you guys rock!
telecasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2006, 05:06 PM   #50
i just like the uniform
 
bandgeek's Avatar
 

Joined: Nov 2005
Location: some where over the rainbow
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by telecasting
Not really my thing, but I saw them at a festival. Christian as well so kind of funny. Hope you guys rock!
we're trying to rock but i dont know..
bandgeek
__________________
[support the arts.... kiss a tuba player.

if i dont get on for a while i've officially been grounded.[/size]
bandgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2006, 01:25 PM   #51
Banned
 
AILD_Rox's Avatar
 

Joined: Mar 2006
Location: In the Universe...I think...Ahhh .. I hope
Posts: 17
Send a message via AIM to AILD_Rox
Heres a couple random names i came up with

Platinum Army-Could signify that we are God's special army

Outlive the Infectious- tatally random, but cool

Escape to Liberty-came up with this for my band, but i changed my mind, feel free to use it

Disciplinary Action-COOL

The Atomic Infection-looked at my atomic clock and went like WOAH!!
AILD_Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2006, 08:37 PM   #52
Needs a brain.
 
UnderOath46's Avatar
 

Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 62
Send a message via AIM to UnderOath46
Here are some of my dumb band names:
The Death of Dirt
Food
Lights Out
The Darkest Knights
__________________
Underoath Pwn's n00bs
Snow In Summer:Awsome
<img src=http://www.theonetruebix.com/junk/bk.jpg>
you have just been whacked by the BK mafia.
UnderOath46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2006, 08:55 PM   #53
Registered User
 
gwen2dapey's Avatar
 

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Stars
Hello everyone! my name is Troy and my band and I are trying to create a band name for our band. Our band is christian,emo,punky kind of band. Much like Taking back sunday, but with a more positive meaning. Please help us out. If you think of anything (And I do mean ANYTHING) please feel free to tell me!!!

Thanks again

love in christ,
Troy

flying ninja kitty klan
__________________
the space www.myspace.com/lancehanson

add me as a friend seriously lol
gwen2dapey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2006, 08:32 PM   #54
Moderator
 
nbfan's Avatar
 

Joined: Apr 2006
Location: The Star Destroyer Chimeara
Posts: 4,957
hi everyone! this will be my first post so forgive me if it looks stupid.

my friend Chris, his sister May Claire, and Chris's friend Danny, and i have started a christian rock band, and we've written about eight songs. however, we don't have a name if anyone has an idea, please give me one, as we're open to anything. i've posted this same message on another website, so a name might come fast. if it does, i'll reply to this message saying that i got one.

thanks everyone,
nbfan
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrdave View Post
The key to great tone is really found in the kind of hand soap that you use.
For years I used a typical off-the-shelf bar-type soap and I had no idea that, even though I rinsed properly and thoroughly after every cleansing, there was still a soap scum residue on my hands and fingers.
This negatively affected my tone in ways that I just can't describe.
Then, on a whim, a few years ago I wandered into a Bath and Body Works store at a local mall and picked up some of their gentle foaming anti-bacterial hand cleansers.
The difference in my guitar's sound is so wickedly improved that I no longer feel the need to buy a new amp or pedals or even strings...EVER!
So, it's my belief that tone is in the soap.
Thank you and goodnight.
nbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2006, 04:16 PM   #55
todays password: "Mee-ha"
 
excellent_rawk's Avatar
 

Joined: Mar 2006
Location: wouldnt u like 2 know?
Posts: 17
my band

hey my freinds & I are makin a band we think we have the name; 50 caliber redemption
__________________
we control the chaos
at the back of our minds
our problems seem so small
but they grow on us
like gravity
but gravity still makes us fall
excellent_rawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2006, 04:19 PM   #56
todays password: "Mee-ha"
 
excellent_rawk's Avatar
 

Joined: Mar 2006
Location: wouldnt u like 2 know?
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by AILD_Rox
Heres a couple random names i came up with

Platinum Army-Could signify that we are God's special army

Outlive the Infectious- tatally random, but cool

Escape to Liberty-came up with this for my band, but i changed my mind, feel free to use it

Disciplinary Action-COOL

The Atomic Infection-looked at my atomic clock and went like WOAH!!
how bout out live the infected
__________________
we control the chaos
at the back of our minds
our problems seem so small
but they grow on us
like gravity
but gravity still makes us fall
excellent_rawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2006, 04:30 PM   #57
Moderator
 
nbfan's Avatar
 

Joined: Apr 2006
Location: The Star Destroyer Chimeara
Posts: 4,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderOath46
Here are some of my dumb band names:
The Death of Dirt
Food
Lights Out
The Darkest Knights
i actually think The Death Of Dirt is just totally awesome . as a matter of fact, i'm gonna take that one to my bandmates for condsideration.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrdave View Post
The key to great tone is really found in the kind of hand soap that you use.
For years I used a typical off-the-shelf bar-type soap and I had no idea that, even though I rinsed properly and thoroughly after every cleansing, there was still a soap scum residue on my hands and fingers.
This negatively affected my tone in ways that I just can't describe.
Then, on a whim, a few years ago I wandered into a Bath and Body Works store at a local mall and picked up some of their gentle foaming anti-bacterial hand cleansers.
The difference in my guitar's sound is so wickedly improved that I no longer feel the need to buy a new amp or pedals or even strings...EVER!
So, it's my belief that tone is in the soap.
Thank you and goodnight.
nbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2006, 05:09 PM   #58
todays password: "Mee-ha"
 
excellent_rawk's Avatar
 

Joined: Mar 2006
Location: wouldnt u like 2 know?
Posts: 17
hey

Hey im having a band with some of my freinds and we think we may have found a good band name; .50 caliber swingset post wat ya think
__________________
we control the chaos
at the back of our minds
our problems seem so small
but they grow on us
like gravity
but gravity still makes us fall
excellent_rawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2006, 08:52 PM   #59
Banned
 
Ibanez_Rox's Avatar
 

Joined: Jan 2006
Location: In a cardboard box
Posts: 128
Send a message via AIM to Ibanez_Rox
Quote:
Originally Posted by excellent_rawk
Hey im having a band with some of my freinds and we think we may have found a good band name; .50 caliber swingset post wat ya think
mmhmm i think band names should have some subtance tho>
Ibanez_Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2006, 08:53 PM   #60
Banned
 
Ibanez_Rox's Avatar
 

Joined: Jan 2006
Location: In a cardboard box
Posts: 128
Send a message via AIM to Ibanez_Rox
e

Anyone think Snow In Summer is a good name? thats my band's name
Ibanez_Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:31 AM.


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2