Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-17-2005, 03:19 PM   #1

My Patent Design is in the works for my guitar invention

Well, I'm new here to this forum. I'm 19 years old and i've been playing guitar since i was 12 years old. Just recently I designed an invention for guitar players to use when they are on stage. I'm hoping to get my product picked up by a manufacturing company and get my invention on the market in the next few years. I will keep everybody posted on it and I hope you all will support my ideas in the near future. I was always taught by my guitar mentor that playing guitar is about always finding the easiet way to play. and thats what ths invention is going to help people play on stage.

xstortionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 08-17-2005, 03:40 PM   #2
The Math

WEll what is it and what does it do?
Wesley7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2005, 03:43 PM   #3

Well I can't just have somebody here steal my idea without having a release form signed with a witness. Basically you can say that u remember when this kid had a dream and he brought his dream to reality. The idea has to deal with an easy way to grab a pick if u dropped ur pick on stage. that's all im going to say. I'm very excited about my idea and that I actually took the time and money(i miss my money) to make something to help musicians all around the world.
xstortionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2005, 03:45 PM   #4
The Math

Cool, so it deals with a pick. Well thats all i wanted to know thanks.
Unread 08-17-2005, 05:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstortionist
Well I can't just have somebody here steal my idea without having a release form signed with a witness.
And you're sharing this with us because . . . .

If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. --William Blake

Click here for the WORST advice you could ever get/give in the entire world of guitar buying
CheshireCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2005, 06:34 PM   #6
on rye

Easy way to grab a pick if you drop it?

Like this?

Or this?

Or this?

I don't want to be a pessimist, but is what you have better than any of those? What's so innovative? Or... you can't tell us...

~Reuben
Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2005, 06:56 PM   #7
Art
Superfly.

paid
If you have a patent on your design, we can't steal it. I don't understand. And honestly, if you are not going to tell us what it is, this thread is seriously without merit.
Unread 08-17-2005, 08:08 PM   #8
Good Grief!!!

I place about half a dozen of my favorites in my pants pocket before I play. It's worked so well in the past, someone would have to go to great lengths to get me to pay for something that did the same job as my pants pocket, even if it did the job jst as well.

Nate
Unread 08-17-2005, 08:41 PM   #9
Aussie Aussie Aussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art
If you have a patent on your design, we can't steal it. I don't understand. And honestly, if you are not going to tell us what it is, this thread is seriously without merit.
Except if he has only applied for a patent but not gotten it yet.

http://www.horizonchurch.org.au/
adamwagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2005, 08:50 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate95366
I place about half a dozen of my favorites in my pants pocket before I play. It's worked so well in the past, someone would have to go to great lengths to get me to pay for something that did the same job as my pants pocket, even if it did the job jst as well.

Nate
This is what I do. If I drop one (which I hardly EVER do) I just pull another out of my pocket. Of course this dude might have something totally out of this world....but I'll wait till I see it.
Eriol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2005, 08:52 PM   #11
The Math

I think we are being a little tuff on the guy. You never know it might sell millions, he siad it was a pick holder and probaly just might want some advise or things to make sure to do. Or just to let us know whats happening. I think its pretty cool that he is inventing something, i never invented a thing in my life. Oh well just my 2 cents.
Unread 08-17-2005, 09:16 PM   #12
Art
Superfly.

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesley7777
I think we are being a little tuff on the guy. You never know it might sell millions, he siad it was a pick holder and probaly just might want some advise or things to make sure to do. Or just to let us know whats happening. I think its pretty cool that he is inventing something, i never invented a thing in my life. Oh well just my 2 cents.
I think it's great that he invented something. I don't think it's great that he won't tell us what it is.
Unread 08-17-2005, 11:39 PM   #13
I'm on a horse.

Send a message via AIM to Rainer.
It's the whole pique-our-interest-and-leave-us-hanging thing, eh?

Rainer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2005, 07:32 AM   #14
Why am I still here?

I don't see how you guys who do the whole pocket searching thing don't see the benefit of having a pick right in front of you as opposed to deep within the folds of your pocket. I know I personally would lose 3-5 whole seconds of playing time just searching for a pick, especially since my guitar is right near pocket level, so it gets in the way. Having them out makes it easier, and all you have to do is grab one in a split second. This is what his invention and others are about. Cutting 3-5 seconds down to 1/2 a second, which sometimes can mean the world at a live show.
Unread 08-18-2005, 07:45 AM   #15
...anybody want a neaput?

Send a message via AIM to BurntHombre
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamwagg
Except if he has only applied for a patent but not gotten it yet.
The U.S. patent system works on a first-to-invent basis, not a first-to-register basis. If he's already created a prototype, and he's already begun the patent process, he's got plenty of proof for prior art in case someone tried to steal it.

Personally, I think the wrist-leash-attached-to-a-pick is a great idea. Good luck!!
BurntHombre is offline   Reply With Quote