Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-18-2005, 07:54 AM   #16
Umm...Hey how's it goin.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApparentlyNothing
Cutting 3-5 seconds down to 1/2 a second, which sometimes can mean the world at a live show.

You said it perfectly... Plus, you can understand the whole 'don't tell anyone yet concept.' We have to respect that, hope him the best, and do the only other thing to do-just wait. Maybe soon we will all find out the secret of this quick pick guitar.

Unread 08-18-2005, 09:06 AM   #17

Well, everybody take it a little easy on me. I'll just say that it is similar to the pic holder that goes onto the side of the guitar with no adhesive. but I've found that those dont work when u get real sweaty playing on stage. My whole idea was to be able to carry these picks around with u at all times also without losing them. It's also spring loaded, and just because i have a patent design doesn't mean somebody cant come in and take my idea and change it by 20% AND make millions. You can take any invention and change it by 20% and call it your own.
xstortionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2005, 05:07 PM   #18
This Mortal Frame..

Send a message via AIM to Demon_Hunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApparentlyNothing
I don't see how you guys who do the whole pocket searching thing don't see the benefit of having a pick right in front of you as opposed to deep within the folds of your pocket. I know I personally would lose 3-5 whole seconds of playing time just searching for a pick, especially since my guitar is right near pocket level, so it gets in the way. Having them out makes it easier, and all you have to do is grab one in a split second. This is what his invention and others are about. Cutting 3-5 seconds down to 1/2 a second, which sometimes can mean the world at a live show.

Ive lost picks in my pockets, so it really doesnt matter (ofcourse, ive lost picks just holding them ). Maybe this kid has something really good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
It's indisputable, though, that it has absolutely nothing to do with either copulation or defecation.
Demon_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2005, 08:36 PM   #19
Aussie Aussie Aussie

Well my normal problem with picks is I don't buy enough in the first place.

http://www.horizonchurch.org.au/
adamwagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2005, 11:03 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstortionist
Well, everybody take it a little easy on me.

WELCOME TO THE CGR!!!

If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. --William Blake

Click here for the WORST advice you could ever get/give in the entire world of guitar buying
CheshireCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2005, 11:22 PM   #21
I play Guitar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireCat

WELCOME TO THE CGR!!!

Unread 08-18-2005, 11:28 PM   #22
I play Guitar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstortionist
Well, everybody take it a little easy on me. I'll just say that it is similar to the pic holder that goes onto the side of the guitar with no adhesive. but I've found that those dont work when u get real sweaty playing on stage. My whole idea was to be able to carry these picks around with u at all times also without losing them. It's also spring loaded, and just because i have a patent design doesn't mean somebody cant come in and take my idea and change it by 20% AND make millions. You can take any invention and change it by 20% and call it your own.
I still fail to see why you can't tell us. By my understanding, even after getting a patent you can change the design by 20% and it would count as a new product.
Unread 08-19-2005, 02:17 AM   #23
I'm Rick James....

Send a message via MSN to guitarguy Send a message via Yahoo to guitarguy
I always use the double sided tape to hold my picks on my guitar. That has always worked for me.
guitarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2005, 08:53 AM   #24
Plays Guitar

Send a message via Skype™ to Jjesus Freak
I've always just loosened a screw on my pick guard and sandwiched a pick in there. Or when I'm done playing, stick it in-between the pickup cover and the plastic piece that goes around it.

Anyway, just tell us what it is, please. I won't steal it. Promise.

I'm going out to play, call it whatever you want.

"Man will never reach the moon regardless of all future scientific advances." -- Dr. Lee DeForest, Inventor of TV
Jjesus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2005, 09:04 AM   #25
Guitars are cool

Personally, I play a pick from my pick pouch in my pocket, and if I drop it, I grab my spare from my watch. I keep a pick between the actual watch and an elastic band that's just below it. Keeps it secure.
Unread 08-19-2005, 09:09 AM   #26

BTW, I would like to take this opportunity to announce that I have a pickup-retainment system as well . . . tho I don't know if I'll be applying for a patent . . .

If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. --William Blake

Click here for the WORST advice you could ever get/give in the entire world of guitar buying
Unread 08-19-2005, 10:51 AM   #27

I always loose all my pics
I will have like 40 one week and then 5 the next
Fender Showmaster
Martin Hd-28
Thd Bivalve
Orange Tiny Terror
Boss DD-20
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Xotic RC Boost
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
Empress Tremolo
Ernie Ball Volume Pedal
Tech 21 Liverpool
spyrotheleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2005, 11:15 AM   #28
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
BTW, I would like to take this opportunity to announce that I have a pickup-retainment system as well . . . tho I don't know if I'll be applying for a patent . . .

Your stuff is usually really well thought out. Can we get some form of details?

My Life.
BillSPrestonEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2005, 12:26 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSPrestonEsq
Your stuff is usually really well thought out. Can we get some form of details?
This is gonna sound terrible, but no.

Unlike x's design, mine can't be altered by 20%, at least in concept. Of course, that said, I don't think it's marketable, so good luck to anyone trying to market it . . . . but, then again, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . .

I'll think about it. Let's just say it involves magnets in a rather ingenious way.

Chesh

Unread 08-19-2005, 12:29 PM   #30
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
This is gonna sound terrible, but no.

Unlike x's design, mine can't be altered by 20%, at least in concept. Of course, that said, I don't think it's marketable, so good luck to anyone trying to market it . . . . but, then again, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . .

I'll think about it. Let's just say it involves magnets in a rather ingenious way.

Chesh

Im thinking of seeing if on my next electric I build... (I want to try again and see if I can't make a real masterpiece) I could make some form of modular pickup system. I have a few potential designs, but they would all involve cannabolizing some rather random things for parts.

My Life.
BillSPrestonEsq is offline   Reply With Quote