Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Music & Musicians > Music > Christian Music
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-26-2005, 11:50 PM   #1
that really wierd guy

Question is audioslave christian?

I'm new here, so just bear with me.

I have been listening to some of Audioslave's songs (show me how to live, like a stone) and they seemed to have christian influences. I was wondering if anyone knows whether they are christian or not, or am I just making this whole thing up?

Your thoughts:

cubsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 07-28-2005, 03:29 PM   #2
All Hands on Deck

No, but "Like a Stone" does have some positive stuff in it.

God Bless!
Switchfoot ,U2 , DC Talk, Audio Adrenaline, Anberlin , Mae, Relient K , P.O.D. , Pillar , Creed , Guardian , Styx , Stryper , Stations- [B]TVU, Tri-rock Radio, Radio U, Purevolume, Relevant TV </marquee direction="left" Scroll delay500></Scrollamount="1">

check out my <a href="http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=145225">blog</a>

Quotes -"Hope is stronger than it seems"
-Chance (by DC Talk)

-"Red letters kill your disbelief" - Audrey, Start the Revolution (by Anberlin)
HolyRockJfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2005, 12:38 PM   #3
that really wierd guy

Yeah, I guess even though they aren't "christian", they still have a positive message in some of their songs.

The real "Happiest Place on Earth" lies on the north side of Chicago, at the corner of Clark and Addison.
Unread 07-30-2005, 01:36 PM   #4
I need a bigger car!

They do have a more positive message in some of their songs, but even "Like a Stone" isn't too positive. It kinda puts me in the mind of idolatry in the fact that it talks about "praying like a pagan" to anything that'll get him to heaven. It even mentions praying to angels.
DKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2005, 03:43 PM   #5
that really wierd guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKelly
They do have a more positive message in some of their songs, but even "Like a Stone" isn't too positive. It kinda puts me in the mind of idolatry in the fact that it talks about "praying like a pagan" to anything that'll get him to heaven. It even mentions praying to angels.
I think he is saying he wants to be in heaven so much, he would do anything to get there. But I agree, there are more positive songs by Audioslave. "show me how to live" is awesome!

The real "Happiest Place on Earth" lies on the north side of Chicago, at the corner of Clark and Addison.
Unread 07-30-2005, 04:36 PM   #6
I need a bigger car!

This is what I based my opinion on. Read this;

http://www.pluggedinonline.com/music/music/a0001261.cfm
DKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2005, 02:23 PM   #7
that really wierd guy

Thanks! That was very helpful.

Unread 10-17-2007, 08:35 PM   #8

I think a lot of Christians get hung up on the dividing line. Take Creed for instance. They are one of few to come right out and say they are Christian, but they take a lot of heat from mainstream Christianity. There are other bands too like Underoath. Underoath doesn't specifically reference God in most of their lyrics, but they are one of those among us who are trying to "reinvent the wheel" for the lost, and do make claims to Christianity.

People have not only forgotten God, but also the principles upon which God made our existance. Therefore a direct campaign is not always fruitful. I think Audioslave, like many others, are focusing on changing people's idealogies as a first step to acceptance of God. Kind of like getting them to see the manifestations of God before pointing straight to Jesus. It's a worthy campaign if you ask me because strongholds are broken in many different ways. Usually this is much more effective than "turn or burn."
Altruist80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2014, 12:05 PM   #9

Existential Christians?

So, Chris Cornell doesn't identify himself as a Christian. That said, his lyrics obviously have some exposure and influence from Christianity.

Others have noticed this, so you're not crazy, but this forum doesn't like me to post links.

He did attend a Catholic school growing up, and his father was Irish Catholic, so that's probably where a lot of that is coming from.

There's actually an analysis on interviews and such here: h t t p : / / hollowverse . com / chris-cornell . Pardon the spaces.
jonnybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #10
Ax
Lets Swing

Umm... no.

I'm just a wild and crazy guy!

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2014, 02:54 PM   #11
David P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnybot View Post
So, Chris Cornell doesn't identify himself as a Christian. That said, his lyrics obviously have some exposure and influence from Christianity.

Others have noticed this, so you're not crazy, but this forum doesn't like me to post links.

He did attend a Catholic school growing up, and his father was Irish Catholic, so that's probably where a lot of that is coming from.

There's actually an analysis on interviews and such here: h t t p : / / hollowverse . com / chris-cornell . Pardon the spaces.
Links