Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-14-2005, 01:44 PM   #16
Ba da ba ba ba

Dressing nice doesn't mean someone is gay.
-Kenny

Kenny C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 07-14-2005, 03:39 PM   #17
hey, i'm alex

Send a message via AIM to celloguitargeek Send a message via MSN to celloguitargeek Send a message via Yahoo to celloguitargeek
since when does dressing nice mean dressing like a woman when your a man??????
celloguitargeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2005, 03:46 PM   #18
Ba da ba ba ba

Hehe, didn't actually look at the picture.
-Kenny
Unread 07-14-2005, 04:12 PM   #19
I'm on a horse.

Send a message via AIM to Rainer.
Looks more like a big trenchcoat, not a dress.

Rainer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2005, 04:20 PM   #20
The Chameleon

Send a message via AIM to Shredcheddar
Yeah. Besides... who really cares / why does it matter?
Unread 07-14-2005, 04:37 PM   #21
hey, i'm alex

Send a message via AIM to celloguitargeek Send a message via MSN to celloguitargeek Send a message via Yahoo to celloguitargeek
it matters because homosexuality is wrong!!!!! it's a girly peach colored trenchcoat, my sister has the same one!!!
Unread 07-14-2005, 04:46 PM   #22

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
eh...I've always had the impression that he was a bit of an offbeat metrosexual, but not gay.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2005, 04:48 PM   #23
The Chameleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by celloguitargeek
it matters because ity is wrong!!!!! it's a y peach colored trenchcoat, my sister has the same one!!!
Okay, so are you going to do something about it or just sit around and point fingers, accusing some people of a sinful lifestyle based on sick stereotypes that you're being fed? People who do that, whether they realize it or not, are actually doing more to advocate alternate lifestyles than combat them because they perpetuate the attitudes that cause it. That's what I have a problem with.

So I guess the question is more "Why do you care?" I've never liked pointing fingers and condemning people for sinful activities just to sit around and not do anything about it (this usually leads to gloating in pride). I'm sorry, but I'm just passionate about this kind of thing; I have a real problem with people who constantly ask that question for no good reason other than to judge and condemn them in their hearts. I'm not saying that's what you're doing, but I urge you to consider your motives carefully.

I should add that I don't mean to be abrasive or condescending, and if I do come off that way, I sincerely apologize. I honestly see no other way to express how I feel about this issue. A person's lifestyle is completely irrelevant to the type of music they produce, and I don't think it's any more appropriate to "gossip" about musicians than it is to do the same about Billy Bob across the street.

Last edited by Shredcheddar; 07-14-2005 at 04:59 PM.
Shredcheddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2005, 05:18 PM   #24
hey, i'm alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredcheddar
Okay, so are you going to do something about it or just sit around and point fingers, accusing some people of a sinful lifestyle based on sick stereotypes that you're being fed? People who do that, whether they realize it or not, are actually doing more to advocate alternate lifestyles than combat them because they perpetuate the attitudes that cause it. That's what I have a problem with.

So I guess the question is more "Why do you care?" I've never liked pointing fingers and condemning people for sinful activities just to sit around and not do anything about it (this usually leads to gloating in pride). I'm sorry, but I'm just passionate about this kind of thing; I have a real problem with people who constantly ask that question for no good reason other than to judge and condemn them in their hearts. I'm not saying that's what you're doing, but I urge you to consider your motives carefully.

I should add that I don't mean to be abrasive or condescending, and if I do come off that way, I sincerely apologize. I honestly see no other way to express how I feel about this issue. A person's lifestyle is completely irrelevant to the type of music they produce, and I don't think it's any more appropriate to "gossip" about musicians than it is to do the same about Billy Bob across the street.
i definetely see your point. that was a much needed knock on the head. i guess there is nothing i can do about it so i should just not worry about it. it's not my problem unless there's something i can do about it. you're right. no offense taken, only gratitude
Unread 07-14-2005, 05:24 PM   #25
The Chameleon

Quote:
i definetely see your point. that was a much needed knock on the head. i guess there is nothing i can do about it so i should just not worry about it. it's not my problem unless there's something i can do about it. you're right. no offense taken, only gratitude
I appreciate your humility in response to my post. Remember, I'm not perfect either... and it's nice to see people being able to admit their differences and reconcile them with the gentleness of spirit that Christ taught us to have.
Unread 07-14-2005, 05:35 PM   #26
hey, i'm alex

i just didn't really realize how stupid it is to just say homosexuality is wrong, and just talk about how bad all the people that are gay/lesbian are. it does no good. especially if it's someone that cannot be reached. do you have instant messenger? because your shown sn will not show as availible on my buddy list?
Unread 07-14-2005, 06:03 PM   #27
thistledown

Quote:
hmmm, just a thought, u don't think matt bellamy is gay do you? i've heard that. pic of him in dress type clothing:click on the link, then click on "matt bellaway's guitars" the top link http://musegear.fobbedoff.net/
Judging by the interviews that I've read, he is very straight. And that coat that he is wearing actually seems a lot like the white one he wore at Glastonbury last year. Doesn't even come close to resembling a dress.
Unread 07-14-2005, 10:14 PM   #28
your tone's all wrong.

Furthermore, he's a flippin' rockstar; he can wear whatever he wants.
I wear girl pants and dye my long hair funny colors. I'm quite straight.

Anywho, go to www.museandamuse.com. Everything you ever wanted to know about Muse, including an exhaustive library of Muse's past and present gear.
Unread 07-14-2005, 10:30 PM   #29
I'm on a horse.

Send a message via AIM to Rainer.
Personally, I'd love one of those coats. It looks sweet, but he must be burning up under those stage lights...

But, this thread is getting reeeeally off-topic. This is about Bellamy's gear.

Rainer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2005, 09:17 AM   #30
Ba da ba ba ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve
eh...I've always had the impression that he was a bit of an offbeat metrosexual, but not gay.
Ditto. I don't think there really is anything wrong with being Metro. I still haven't looked at the picture, by the way that CelloGuitarGeek was talking I thought that he was pulling a New York Dolls or David Bowie type dress up.
-Kenny