Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Deeper Issues > Theology
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-29-2005, 02:50 PM   #1
A fan of the lemer[sic]

Send a message via AIM to +Donny
Questionable anti-abortion tactic

I have been hearing the "Marky, the aborted-fetus" song, and accompanying story, sang and read by someone that is supposedly imitating an aborted fetus. What is your opinion of this sort of thing? It supposedly comes from some Christian activist website.

It came across as so stupid is was funny (hence it being played on the radio), and I really thought the idea behind this tactic is just insensitiver an moronic.

Unread 06-29-2005, 06:01 PM   #2
Banned

"........................."

Uh yeah, I would have to agree. Not a good idea. Retarded, actually.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2005, 06:26 PM   #3
A fan of the lemer[sic]

Have you heard it? Try to find it on google; it's actually hilarious. They play it on KLBJ all the time.
Unread 06-29-2005, 09:22 PM   #4

you know it is funny, but abortion is a serious issue, and knowing all to well, how life is short and should be cherished not made into a crappy song trying to get people to laugh away abortion. This does not help. It takes away the seriousness that millions of lifes are being lossed. It makes people think of it as a joke, and not a issue.

My Thoughts Anyway

~Chris
guitarmonkey<>< is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2005, 09:27 PM   #5
The Chameleon

Send a message via AIM to Shredcheddar
Hey, why don't we all have a laugh about how silly and bad mmurder is, and make light of the consequences for both parties by portraying them in a humorous light? Sounds effective, right?

No wonder nobody likes Christian activists.
Unread 06-29-2005, 10:41 PM   #6

Exactly
guitarmonkey<>< is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2005, 12:14 AM   #7
A fan of the lemer[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarmonkey<><
you know it is funny, but abortion is a serious issue, and knowing all to well, how life is short and should be cherished not made into a crappy song trying to get people to laugh away abortion. This does not help. It takes away the seriousness that millions of lifes are being lossed. It makes people think of it as a joke, and not a issue.

My Thoughts Anyway

~Chris
You misunderstand. The song and story weren't supposed to be funny. They were supposed to be serious, and just sounded really, really lame. It has a fetus talking about how much he loves his mother and how he wants to do things with her, and then it ends with "December 28th [or whatever day it was]: Today, my mother killed me." It then proceeds to go into a song with the theme of "Oh, why did you kill me mommy?"

It's just stupid, and the voice of Marky is really pitifully moronic. I highly that sort of thing is going to convince anyone, and just makes Christians look like idiots.
Unread 06-30-2005, 08:16 AM   #8

How about this:

Start name boys 'fetus.' Pro-murder activitists refer to a womb-dwelling child as a 'fetus' to dehumanize him. But if you start naming people 'Fetus' then 'kill the Fetus' sounds pretty brutal, like "kill little Johnny."
Link H is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2005, 10:22 PM   #9

And how about this tactic. Getting a doctor to go before the Senate and lie about how many partial birth abortions there are and why women have them.

"In Feb. 1997, Ron Fitzsimmons, a leader of the pro-abortion movement and Executive Director of America's National Coalition of Abortion Providers, admitted he had "lied through my teeth" in the ABC "Nightline" program in November 1995 about both the number of and the main reason for partial birth abortions. He now says there are far more partial birth abortions performed than was previously acknowledged, and on healthy women bearing healthy fetuses. It was Fitzsimmons' statistics which claimed only about 500 such abortions, which were cited by President Clinton when he vetoed the ban on partial birth abortions. "

Babies died because of this man's lies. Oh well you say.

Blessings
thessalonian is offline   Reply With Quote

« Hedonism | Sunday »