Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-20-2006, 10:53 PM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiverDown808
Yes it does, so get crackin ya slacker LOL
Hey Diver I lost the motor in my ancent multitrack tape machine a while back and have never got another recorder . At this time the only way I have to throw something together is to get a full mix play the solo live and record it all direct into my sound card . I could I guess record the solo live by itself and use the Mini Disk as a backing guide if I have too. Man I have GOT to get a modern recording format!! I don`t at this time have any music software in my PC other than the Creative stuff that came with my Sound Blaster and the Nero Express I use for burning CD`s. Lucky for me I`m an old F#$t and remember the old school recording methiods (IE using two cassett machines linked through a mixer to overdub or in this case my Mini Disk and Hard Drive ) .

Washburn USA Customs

1994 One off handbuilt prototype for the MG 122,
1995 MG102,MG 120
1996 USA A-30
2007 PRS Custom 24
Washburn LTD 94 accoustic
Amps
2501 MK III Marshall JCM 900 Dual Master
Zinky Blue Velvet 25 watt combo
Jet City JCA22H
shreadhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-21-2006, 08:43 PM   #152
Psalms 33 : 3

Send a message via AIM to DiverDown808 Send a message via MSN to DiverDown808
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreadhead
Hey Diver I lost the motor in my ancent multitrack tape machine a while back and have never got another recorder . At this time the only way I have to throw something together is to get a full mix play the solo live and record it all direct into my sound card . I could I guess record the solo live by itself and use the Mini Disk as a backing guide if I have too. Man I have GOT to get a modern recording format!! I don`t at this time have any music software in my PC other than the Creative stuff that came with my Sound Blaster and the Nero Express I use for burning CD`s. Lucky for me I`m an old F#$t and remember the old school recording methiods (IE using two cassett machines linked through a mixer to overdub or in this case my Mini Disk and Hard Drive ) .
Maybe you can sell one of those Carvin's LOL

The last time I did this, one of the contributers played the track on his walkman, and recorded his guitar track to the computer. It worked, since the timing was still there. Great guitar work, though. I'm more partial to the distorted guitar, but that's me

DD
DiverDown808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2006, 02:10 AM   #153

Didn't want you guys to forget about this, so....Bump

http://www.smoothstoneguitars.com

....In case you were wondering, I am not dale
BlessedNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2006, 10:21 AM   #154
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
Okay, good news and bad news!

When I tried to separate my old solo, the program had an error, so I decided to record a new one, which to my dismay, I noticed was played in the wrong key. I'll probably record a new one today, though I'm lazy at times, so yeah! Lol, gotta get the creative juices flowing! I know what to do now, though, so it will only be the recording phase.

Donate blood and save up to three lives! Skeptical or curious about the facts? Please click here and find out from the experts!
DaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2006, 01:34 PM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiverDown808
Maybe you can sell one of those Carvin's LOL

The last time I did this, one of the contributers played the track on his walkman, and recorded his guitar track to the computer. It worked, since the timing was still there. Great guitar work, though. I'm more partial to the distorted guitar, but that's me

DD
It`s a little sloppy as its hard to really hear what I am doing this way but here ya go. I recorded the backing track to Mini Disk stuck a set of phones on and played along direct to the computer. This one was my Carvin Bolt through the Fender Prosonic no effects just me my guitar and the amp .
Washburn USA Customs

1995 MG102,MG 120
1996 USA A-30
2007 PRS Custom 24
Amps
Jet City JCA22H
Unread 01-27-2006, 02:18 PM   #156

Here is another take different guitar and amp. This is all Carvin stuff and is my MTS half stack and 1993 X220C. Same recording tecnique track on my Mini Disk into headphones and me playing along recording direct to the computer no effects.
Listening to these two clips really shows how much of a players tone is in the player as these are very different set ups. The first one was an Alder body bolt on 25.5 scale maple neck hardtail Bolt with a C22B in the bridge through a Fender Prosonic combo. The second was a Poplar body maple Neck 25 scale neck through the body X220C with a Floyd and M22`s through a Carvin MTS . Notice how similar they sound in tones ! This shows how much of the tone you get is in your fingers and tecnique not your gear !!
Washburn USA Customs

1995 MG102,MG 120
1996 USA A-30
2007 PRS Custom 24
Amps
Jet City JCA22H
Unread 01-30-2006, 11:54 AM   #157
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
I feel so embarrassed, lol, I have had no real chance to record one, and when I did, I was too lazy to do so, haha. I'm making too many excuses . I will try to record one today when I practice guitar, and this time I'm gonna try to force myself to, lol

Donate blood and save up to three lives! Skeptical or curious about the facts? Please click here and find out from the experts!
Unread 01-30-2006, 12:23 PM   #158
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
It annoys me to no end that I deleted the backtrack as well, but here's the solo by itself (Or here it is solo. HAHAHAHAHAHAHH, okay, no.).

Unread 02-02-2006, 07:07 PM   #159

After I went ta all the trouble to lay down a couple of raw solo tracks I`m not letting ya forget about this one Diver Down so BUMP!!
Washburn USA Customs

1995 MG102,MG 120
1996 USA A-30
2007 PRS Custom 24
Amps
Jet City JCA22H
Unread 02-04-2006, 09:05 PM   #160

Bump

http://www.smoothstoneguitars.com

....In case you were wondering, I am not dale
BlessedNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2006, 09:07 PM   #161
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
Er, why do we need to keep bumping? (As in, why should we need to, I wanna keep it up) Where are all of the solos? Though, really, I'm one to talk

Unread 02-10-2006, 03:45 PM   #162
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
Bumping back up, come on guys, let's get this thing done! (And I might record another lousy acoustic solo to laugh at! Woo!)

Unread 02-10-2006, 03:49 PM   #163
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
Oh yeah, also, can we do another track, then, if nothing else? If yes, can we actually do an (Prepare for a shock) upbeat track? Please? Lol... It's hard enough to solo on an acoustic, but faster just sounds at least a little bit better.

Unread 02-19-2006, 06:08 PM   #164
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
Bump...

Okay, where'd all of you contributers go??

Unread 02-19-2006, 07:22 PM   #165
FTS
Something

That's what happens with these things. Unless you're super organised and everyone is interested, it often doesn't come together. Maybe people are still interested but busy.
FTS is offline   Reply With Quote