Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   Guitar (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f13/)
-   -   Gibson, Epiphone, or Fender? (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t8254/)

Strat_dude 10-03-2001 05:22 PM

Gibson, Epiphone, or Fender?

If you could buy a guitar (for a certain price) made by Gibson, Epiphone, or Fender, which brand would you choose, and why?

Strat_dude

R_A_D 10-03-2001 05:46 PM

What certain price would that be? And why limit it to only those three?
Accoustic or electric?

If money was not an option, I would choose Taylor Guitars for accoustics, and Gibson's for Electric.

LittleBassMan 10-03-2001 05:59 PM

if i had the money i would probably buy a gibson sg.

Pete_H 10-03-2001 06:13 PM

where's the option for NONE.

ChrisPeeper 10-03-2001 07:44 PM

Well I am going to buy a Fender Telecaster Standard ($385) because I don't have the money for my dream guitar, a Parker Fly. But if I had the $$$ for a Parker and a second dream guitar, it would definately be a Gibson SG.

maadio 10-03-2001 08:03 PM

I'm gona have to say Fender... :)

studentofGod 10-03-2001 08:09 PM

Fender all the way!!! Granted, the Gibson guitars kick, I'm going with Fender. Although, I am a little biased...I have a 50th anniversary American Deluxe Stratocaster. My dad got it for me for Christmas five years ago. I love that guitar!! It is the coolest! GO FENDER!!!

smitty2622 10-04-2001 09:42 AM

Does Fender build guitars? ;) Gibson, get the real thing get a Gibson, really I like the necks on Gibson so much more than those other necks. Did I mention Gibsonů:D

LiveGodLoud 10-04-2001 10:00 AM

gotta love Fender

Fenders rock, besides being the first company to ever manufacture electric guitars, and having an awesome tone, Fender is sweet!
I have to admit though that nothing plays or sounds like a gibson.

Praise God with what ever you kind you choose, praising God is all that really matters when it comes to guitars.
James 1:2-4

LGL

Electricgrandpa 10-04-2001 10:02 AM

Hmm

What about Ibanez?

-EG

smitty2622 10-04-2001 10:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Beauchamp contacted Harry Watson, who was the plant superintendent from National and a highly skilled craftsmen who using all hand tools carved the neck and body of the first working electric guitar in a few hours at Beauchamps kitchen table, they called it the "Frying Pan". A photogragh of the original device constructed by Beauchamp and Watson is shown below.

Just thought everyone might like to know.

smitty2622 10-04-2001 10:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Probably the first man to build and market an electric "Spanish" style guitar was Lloyd Loar. Loar was an accoustical engineer for Gibson, and legendary for his contributions to the design and development of the mandolin. Loar had also been experimenting with the electrical amplification of the guitar since the early 1920's, and in 1933 created a new company Vivi-Tone as an independent subdivision of Gibson. Vivi-Tone was dedicated to the production of one thing, Spanish style electric guitars.

smitty2622 10-04-2001 10:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Leo Fender, believed that solid body guitars held the future of the guitar market. Fender, who owned a radio repair shop in Anaheim had built a prototype solid body guitar made out of oak in 1943 which he rented out to musicians in order to get suggestions from them. In 1949 Fender released what would become the first succesful solid body guitar the "Esquire", later renamed the "Broadcaster", and ultimately the "Telecaster".

smitty2622 10-04-2001 10:20 AM

Just a little history for ya did I mention Gibson?? :D

smitty2622 10-04-2001 11:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Based on the success of the Fender solid body guitars Gibson took a second look at Les Paul's solid body design and in 1952 decided to build a solid body guitar that would become the industry standard. Although the inspiration for the Gibson guitar came from Les Paul and was ultimately named after him, the design for the solid body guitar actually came from the companies new president Ted McCarty, and more closely resembled 1800's model Gibsons than the ES-150. The pickups were P-90's, originally developed in 1946 they had a warm, mellow sound and were very versitile. These original Les Pauls are some of the most highly sought after guitars on the market today and regularly sell for many thousands of dollars. My personal fav...