Christian Guitar Forum

Christian Guitar Forum (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/f3/)
-   -   Don't want kids? (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/t75544/)

nix 04-27-2004 09:29 PM

Don't want kids?

Just curious, I've met a handful of people that don't want children. I'm not sure where I stand with it. I would have because it's tradition and probably the most expected thing to do and of course, natural... but what about going against all that because you "just don't want kids"

Thoughts?

bobthecockroach 04-27-2004 09:30 PM

Isn't not wanting kids like not wanting salvation? God calls children blessings... was He wrong?

Mike Graham 04-27-2004 09:34 PM

Tomatos are a blessing too, but I don't want them.

bobthecockroach 04-27-2004 09:52 PM

I guess that's a point but children are more specifically named as blessings.

Mr.Zachcore 04-27-2004 09:53 PM

I want kids, so I can <s>live my dreams through them</s> be a good father to them and stuff, and be a good friend at the same time.

Mike Graham 04-27-2004 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobthecockroach
I guess that's a point but children are more specifically named as blessings.

I don't see why specificity matters, I'm sure there is some better example, anyways. My point was that rejection of a blessing is not always a bad thing.

Carly. 04-27-2004 10:04 PM

"Children are a gift from God;
they are a reward from Him." - Psalm 127:3

I still don't know if I want kids. But I probably do. Especially since they are genuine gifts from God. :) And moreso! A reward!

SmileAndFollow 04-27-2004 10:06 PM

Some people dont want kids. Are you saying they should have kids and hate them and treat them like burdens? I dont understand. Children arent for everyone.

Ted Logan 04-27-2004 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobthecockroach
Isn't not wanting kids like not wanting salvation? God calls children blessings... was He wrong?

Every good and perfect gift comes from Him, but that doesn't mean everyone must desire the same blessings. I would rather have kids than money.

Mr.Zachcore 04-27-2004 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelandfollow
Children arent for everyone.

they certainly aren't.

MrCrabby 04-27-2004 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avoiding
"Children are a gift from God;
they are a reward from Him." - Psalm 127:3

Does this mean that people who don't want children just don't deserve them?

Carly. 04-27-2004 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrCrabby
Does this mean that people who don't want children just don't deserve them?

Why on earth would it mean that? Just because someone doesn't want kids doesn't mean they won't have them. ;)

*EDIT* I think I see what you're saying. But even if they didn't want kids, I think God has His reasons. Whether or not the parent feels rewarded doesn't change the fact that they are still a reward.

nix 04-27-2004 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmileAndFollow
Some people dont want kids. Are you saying they should have kids and hate them and treat them like burdens? I dont understand. Children arent for everyone.

I know one guy that feels this way. He will avoid anyway possible to not have kids if he doesn't have too, but he said, that if by chance his wife falls pregnant, he will love the child and it was obvioulsy ment to be.

I don't know.. I'm more towards not having kids. My only reason for going with the crowd is because when I tell people I'm not keen on it... you should see their faces!! It's like I'm the devil...

I don't know.. I'm ver torn in this area.. especially since my boyfriend isn't keen on having kids either.

Carly. 04-27-2004 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nix
I know one guy that feels this way. He will avoid anyway possible to not have kids if he doesn't have too, but he said, that if by chance his wife falls pregnant, he will love the child and it was obvioulsy ment to be.

I don't know.. I'm more towards not having kids. My only reason for going with the crowd is because when I tell people I'm not keen on it... you should see their faces!! It's like I'm the devil...

I don't know.. I'm ver torn in this area.. especially since my boyfriend isn't keen on having kids either.

:lol: Hahahaha... All this time I thought you were married. :D

nix 04-27-2004 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avoiding
:lol: Hahahaha... All this time I thought you were married. :D

Understandable... you can keep thinking that if you like ;) I sure would like to think it :D